Hardware

saint4 Guest

My System

Sempron 2800+ 754
Asrock K8upgrade
2 x512mb crucial pc3200
Club 3D 6600 256mb agp

I would like to fly with most settings high. I can get aircraft maxed out but thats about it. Autogen sparse or none.

Stutters with other options up.

I'm a freelancer, season is kinda dry right now so i'm struck for cash.

I was wondering if i purchase the following

AMD Athlon 3500+ (2.2)
Asrock 939 DUAL-VSTA (vista premium logo hardware ready)
Nvidia 7600GS 256mb

Would i be able to push it abit more (graphics etc).

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
FSXsimmer Guest

I am running the following system:

4400X2 overclocked
2GB of Ram
7800GT overclocked

I have not manged to play the game on high settings as of yet without bad stutter. The game still looks good even when turned down.I play the game on moderate settings with most of the sliders just over halfway .
The upgrade you stated will help you increase the settings.An AMD 64 is certainly better than the sempron processors and 7600GS is a fairly decent performer.However it probably wont cut the high graphical settings. Ultra high end systems might fair better on the high settings although they are pricey, but I think Flight sim x will best shine on the next generation of graphics card and Vista.

PA46Driver Guest

AMD X2 5000+
7950 GX2
2 GB of RAM

My system can run ultra high on everything, but the average FPS drops to 11 at major airports, meaning I can have a prolonged peak at 70 fps but there are a few lags. When flying cross country with all sliders (except autogen) at max, I achieve 25-30 FPS.

saint4 Guest

Thanks for your input guys.

I'll probably get the parts i mentioned and leave it as that.

I'm not sure wether i'll be purchasing Vista if you can only install once

Pro Member Trainee
mikecurrie Trainee

PA46Driver wrote:

AMD X2 5000+
7950 GX2
2 GB of RAM

My system can run ultra high on everything, but the average FPS drops to 11 at major airports, meaning I can have a prolonged peak at 70 fps but there are a few lags. When flying cross country with all sliders (except autogen) at max, I achieve 25-30 FPS.

wow, nice system, must have cost a fortune. very nice though 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...