Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Got FSX but a few problems

Gman1980 Guest

Got my copy this morning in the post and it installed fine, playing it on high settings and is mostly ok. Every once in a while it minimises the game and locks up, once it has restarted my machine mid game! and on a couple of 'missions' it has trippy colours.

Am i going to wait for a patch or is my rig not good enough for high settings, its a;

Pentium E6400 2.1ghz dual core
2 gigs ram
2 x Nvidia Geforce 256mb 7600 cards in SLI mode

Any advice would be welcome, great forum btw.

saint4 Guest

When i'm on autopilot and go to alter the altitude, it freezes for a second and flashes blue.

Maybe its a bug

Gman1980 Guest

I get that when changing from an internal to external view sometimes.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

this is simply the reason i didnt get fsx yet. Atleast wait a year till they make a patch to fix all the bugs

mitchy123 Guest

Hi,

Have FSX and put everything on High Settings
my PC spec is as follows

Intel Pentium Duel Core 950 Processer
2G DDR Ram
Nvidea 7300 GS

And my pc cannot handle it, runs very jerky.

Please help

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Reduce the settings for autogen and traffic.

rossfr Guest

i have exactly same problem. FSX will lock up and freeze, got to reboot pc.

E6600 with 2gigs corsair on a asrock 775dual vsta, geforce 6800GT

I thought maybe it could be problem with the mobo chipset, what's your motherboard?

algoff Guest

Don't worry guys, your systems are ok. but FSX is buggier than my backyard, don't go spending lots of time and money, let Microsoft fix it.

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

No bugs, just sub-par systems at the moment Wink

jdy77 Guest

It is true about the bugs. The systems ARE fine. As I am Microsoft Certified, I had a discussion with someone on the inside. They are receiving numerous complaints per day. Microsoft is even in the process of alerting vendors, EB Games etc. about this. I returned the sim to EB Games and they had to break their refund policy due to Microsoft's errors. Unfortunately this is typical Microsoft releasing a product before it's ready. Let's hope for a speedy Fligh Sim X recovery!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

rossfr wrote:

i have exactly same problem. FSX will lock up and freeze, got to reboot pc.

E6600 with 2gigs corsair on a asrock 775dual vsta, geforce 6800GT

I thought maybe it could be problem with the mobo chipset, what's your motherboard?

Overheating, add a fan in the rear to let out more hot air and open the case and clean the fans and heatsink.

Radar

dr_flightsim Guest

hello everyone.
i got my fsx too and ave a problem instaling it
when i start instal it's ok whit the 1st dvd but when installer ask for the dvd2 the installer will not see dvd 2??????? no way, this is NOT funny
the dvd's are ok i ave install fsx on my lap top & on a older pc too and it works ( a bit slowlly )
my pc is a new one
atlon x64 4600+dual core
grafics nvidia gforce 7950gx2 1 meg ram
4 meg ram
mothergoard asus m2n32 sli deluxe
windows xp media center
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
anny idees and sugestions

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

dr_flightsim wrote:

hello everyone.
i got my fsx too and ave a problem instaling it
when i start instal it's ok whit the 1st dvd but when installer ask for the dvd2 the installer will not see dvd 2??????? no way, this is NOT funny
the dvd's are ok i ave install fsx on my lap top & on a older pc too and it works ( a bit slowlly )
my pc is a new one
atlon x64 4600+dual core
grafics nvidia gforce 7950gx2 1 meg ram
4 meg ram
mothergoard asus m2n32 sli deluxe
windows xp media center
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
anny idees and sugestions

Since you know the software is fine then it's your machine or a program on it.
If you have burner software, delete it and do a search for any "leftovers" and delte them as well.
Many burners do not read as well as DVD drives only.

You can try it in safe mode if the above won't work.

Radar

CTKenny32 Guest

I have worse systems than you guyss and the game ran fine on high settings for about a day, lol

Same problem you guys are having pretty much, I'll select random airplanes and locations, and hit "Fly Now" and it will go to the desktop and lock up my system...

I have
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1 GB DDR (Corsair Value, I know it sucks)
6600gt 128mb

Like i said, ran fine until today...Do you guys honestly think that circuit city (i bought it on sale yesterday for 47.99) will take it back?

I probably get my money back, and just wait a yearh

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CTKenny32 wrote:

I have worse systems than you guyss and the game ran fine on high settings for about a day, lol

Same problem you guys are having pretty much, I'll select random airplanes and locations, and hit "Fly Now" and it will go to the desktop and lock up my system...

I have
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1 GB DDR (Corsair Value, I know it sucks)
6600gt 128mb

Like i said, ran fine until today...Do you guys honestly think that circuit city (i bought it on sale yesterday for 47.99) will take it back?

I probably get my money back, and just wait a yearh

Most stores won't take back open software, they exchange it for a new one (the same title).

Radar

Jcaesarb Guest

My copy of FSX installed without problems, but runs with a lot of jerkiness when the settings are set to near max.

System
ASUS PS800 Motherboard
3.2 Pentium 4
2 Ghz DDR
ATI Radeon 1300 with 512 MB
Gateway FPD2185SW monitor

Flights are smooth with lower settings, and I am gradually increasing the settings to find the point at which jerkiness starts. However, instant replays are always jerky!!

Another observed bug is automobiles drive across the runways at Toronto's international airport, and Montreal's Mirabel airport. It may happen at others, but these are the first at which I saw this.

Does Microsoft have a "bug box" anywhere?

Thanks

Julius[/u]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There isn't a computer made to day that can run FSX full out.
Adjust your slides and it should be smooth.
AI, autogen, clouds, shadows, these are the settings to watch.

What do you mean about a "bug box".
You want an email? tell_fs@microsft.com don't tell a story, be short and to the point.

Radar

dr_flightsim Guest

Very Happy Very Happy hello again Very Happy Very Happy
my problem is solved after putting away a lot of scrapp LOL
now it works fine, well maybe a bit slower than i expect i supose the guys a microsoft doo ave pc's from outer space LOL, i think i got a fast one but oups frame rates 10 too max 20 and setings at mid hi,what about a graphic card whit 4 processors LOL (think they will came up some day)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

dr_flightsim wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy hello again Very Happy Very Happy
my problem is solved after putting away a lot of scrapp LOL
now it works fine, well maybe a bit slower than i expect i supose the guys a microsoft doo ave pc's from outer space LOL, i think i got a fast one but oups frame rates 10 too max 20 and setings at mid hi,what about a graphic card whit 4 processors LOL (think they will came up some day)

We still don't know what the DirectX 10 cards will be like.
My guess, at least 1 gig, if not more.

Radar

Jcaesarb Guest

Thanks for the feedback RadarMan.

The e-mail you gave addresses what I was looking for. I was looking for a way to provide Microsoft with feedback on FSX. I have everyversion of the Flight Simulator beginning with Sublogic's T80-FS1, and this is the first time I had a desire to provide feedback on the application to anyone. My sense with 2 days experience with FSX is the improvements between FS9 and FSX are not as significant as between previous versions of FS. Of course I also have a number of addons.

As I indicated, I observed smoother flights with reduced settings in FSX, but, I still don't understand why the Instant Replay is jerky. Are there settings which affect this independently of the normal flying? I did not observe this behavior in FS9.

Thanks.

Julius

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can use this for feedback also, it might get a quicker reply.

http://www.fsinsider.com/Feedback/

Radar

hmmmm...makes me wonder if this is why M$ put a time limit in the demo Cool

purplepiglet Guest

Got FSX DeLuxe for Xmas to go with the new computer I've just built. In theory, it should run OK.
Win XP Pro SP2
Athlon 64 3.5GHz
1 Gb Ram
250 Gb HDD
GeForce 7300 GS 256Mb graphics (latest drivers).

Even with everything set to low, it run very jerkily for a few minutes then freezes. Disappointed or what? Suppose I should have known better than to expect Microsoft to release a finished product!!!

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

saint4 wrote:

When i'm on autopilot and go to alter the altitude, it freezes for a second and flashes blue.

Maybe its a bug

I got this type of weirdness also. If you are getting freezes when you go to use a knob etc. turn off the tooltips. Worked for me.

Pemalu Guest

I must say that I have a relatively good system, which ran FS2004 just fine. I am finding now that I have invested in FSX deluxe version, and have upgraded my Graphics card to an ATI Radeon 1600X 512mb version and after testing FS2004 it runs brilliantly even reaching 45-50FPS. However, with spending hours of tweaking FSX with Anistrophic settings and Anti-Aliasing off, I find that the screen half way down from the cock pit on the external scenery view turns into blue patches, looks awful. The sim runs ok in the background for a couple of minutes, then it freezes. and I get an error message with the VPU of my graphics card. I have 1GB, 256, ATI 1600X 512mb, it should have the muscle to run it, and my settings are set standard to low. Anybody have any ideas, before I throw the game away, and stick to FS2004!?

mrjgl Guest

I got the game and everything works fine except there is no sound. whats up with that? and i checked all my cables and settings, and there all good. And the speakers work fine and everything, cuz all other sounds work except for FSX

guest Guest

ive had fsx for about 2 months now online its useless takes forever to load up will later on patches help this????

i have it to but i cant even get mine to load

GUEST Guest

I've been using FSX Deluxe for more than a month on a brand new HP nw9440 laptop (Intel Centrino Duo 2 T7200 @ 2 GHZ, 1GB RAM, Windows XP SP2) without problems. Today, it simply stopped loading. I saved a flight, quit FSX, did not switch off my laptop, came back 2 hours later, started FSX, and nothing happened. It displays the initial screen, but then stops responding. I've re-booted, re-installed, to no avail. I do not have any issues with device drivers, and have not installed any new drivers lately. Anyone with similar problems, or suggestions to resolve the issue?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Delete the log, that seems to work.

Radar

Guest Guest

Thanks RadarMan! It sure works. I earlier found a post by faust1200 at the link below:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/25361/fsx-not-responding/#160446

I suspect my log was corrupted when I quitted from inside the flight screen by using "Exit" <CTRL+C>, and not "End Flight" <ESC>.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

Thanks RadarMan! It sure works. I earlier found a post by faust1200 at the link below:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/25361/fsx-not-responding/#160446

I suspect my log was corrupted when I quitted from inside the flight screen by using "Exit" <CTRL+C>, and not "End Flight" <ESC>.

Good! Always treat the software gently or it comes back and bites you.

Enjoy!!

Radar

Airline Dread Guest

I have a AMD ATHLON 64 X2 5200, packing 4GB Corsair 800MHz RAM, 7800GT 256MB video card, and two raptor hard drives on a bad ass Asus mobo.

Called Microsoft about problem installing FSX. Tech support dude told me that FSX has a known issue with InterVideo WinDVD and WinDVD creator software and I had to uninstall my DVD creation program to install FSX.

Then after I installed it and set the graphics on high, everything was choppy and just plain sucks. I can run Oblivion on max graphics without issues, so I called back and tech dude said I PROBABLY SHOULD UPGRADE MY VIDEO CARD. Are they serious? I'm about one more crash away from flushing this down the drain.
Suggestions anyone!

go to eBAY and get FS9 for $10.

problem solved.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

go to eBAY and get FS9 for $10.

problem solved.

Cheers! Congratulations! Cheers!