Matt (airbourne) First Officer

Landing st Roberts Airport.

A321 At 16000 Cruising , IFR to Dublin Intl

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Looks pretty bad.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I stopped posting screenshots to the screenshot gallery because of the "Crap Graphics Chorus".

Now I am going to stop posting them here. Why? Because there are a number of people who do not have FSX and, therefore, can not show they are capable of doing better, that have appointed themselves as Censored art critics.

Everyone here without a high end machine is posting screen shots, not as works of art but as sharing their discovery of what they can squeeze out of their computers.

The best reason to stop posting screenshots has something to do with casting pearls before swine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I'm sick of everyone saying the worst screenshots ever are "amazing" and "great". Its sickning.

And seeing a amazingly bad shot of fsx isn't going to make me go ohhh, and ahhhh.

Pro Member First Officer
UG_PL First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

Because there are a number of people who do not have FSX and, therefore, can not show they are capable of doing better, that have appointed themselves as Censored art critics.

Yes I do have a MFSX and you will see tomorrow or on monday screenshot from the game.

solotwo wrote:

I'm sick of everyone saying the worst screenshots ever are "amazing" and "great". Its sickning.

And seeing a amazingly bad shot of fsx isn't going to make me go ohhh, and ahhhh.

100% Right !!!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

By the way, the caption in your sig, that it is a screenshot, is redundant. There is no reason to think otherwise.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I've been meaning to change that for quite awhile, kinda lame ya know.

Btw that was way out from left field there. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

UG_PL wrote:

Yes I do have a MFSX and you will see tomorrow or on monday screenshot from the game.

Sorry, but I don't bother looking at pictures from games. Show them to the art critics.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

This whole anti-game thing is getting redundant crash. Wink

Though I do agree full heartedly.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

I don't know where you've been looking but I can't find any.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

I've been meaning to change that for quite awhile, kinda lame ya know.

Btw that was way out from left field there. Wink

Yep, the slogan showed a bit of smugness I thought I would take a swat at.

There is also a difference between screenshots posted for artistic merit and those posted to show what they are experiencing or have discovered.

I was pointing out the absence of repetitive ice textures which were so damned annoying in FS9. I said, up front, that the graphics were crappy.

I was also waiting for some dummy to comment on the sun being so low in the sky at noon. Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Looks pretty bad.

Have you ever find anything good???Even when you look yourself at a mirror???

You have create a bad atmosphere in the forums. Exclamation
I much appreciate people who are telling their opinions openly and without fear but you are different.
You never say a good word for anyone.
If you have internal anger keep it for yourself and don't share it to the forums. Exclamation

I apologize to all members of this community.I carefully avoid offend anyone here but personally i cant accept such kind of behavior.

There are a lot of ways to tell your opinion without being so tough...Try it...It helps Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Relax, GM. I know a bit about grumpy people, and he isn't doing badly at all. Laughing Laughing

That said, I am flying the Grumman Goose from Nairobi to Dar es Salaam (one of the first Omega-Air missions). I will post them in the Omega-Air forums, but not here.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Relax, GM. I know a bit about grumpy people, and he isn't doing badly at all. Laughing Laughing

That said, I am flying the Grumman Goose from Nairobi to Dar es Salaam (one of the first Omega-Air missions). I will post them in the Omega-Air forums, but not here.

I'm OK Wink .And you should post them here. Exclamation

There are people who wants to learn and see...We cant stop knowledge sharing for some useless comments. Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

I'm OK Wink .And you should post them here. Exclamation

There are people who wants to learn and see...We cant stop knowledge sharing for some useless comments. Exclamation

We can't?!?! Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Come on Poke in Eye ... Laughing Laughing Laughing

We must not...Did i put it better now... Idea Very Happy Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Post them here as well with a disclaimer keeping the whingers and moaners out - I'd quite like to see them, as I'm sure, would others.

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I would love to see your FSX shots too Crash. Please don't be put off by certain member's comments Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

There are those who have the courage to speak out and get condemned for not conforming...

by those

...who waste most of their time and energy by grovelling like sick canines in an attempt to prove that they are NICE.

I find this kind of insincerity quite sickening... appropriate maybe for chatrooms but not for forums.
I don't need to name names, but the member who's been receiving a lot of flak for displaying a WYSIWYG attitude without sugarcoating or trying to disguise his personality, is in reality a breath of fresh air in this often very stuffy atmosphere. Though outspoken, he has never attacked or abused anyone.

Let the dead bury the dead I say!

Ok, start bashing Mr. Green COWARDS!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Theres no problem with non-conformists, a lot of people around here are non-conformists and are very polite and helpful.

Wink

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Tailhook wrote:

There are those who have the courage to speak out and get condemned for not conforming...

by those

...who waste most of their time and energy by grovelling like sick canines in an attempt to prove that they are NICE.

I find this kind of insincerity quite sickening... appropriate maybe for chatrooms but not for forums.
I don't need to name names, but the member who's been receiving a lot of flak for displaying a WYSIWYG attitude without sugarcoating or trying to disguise his personality, is in reality a breath of fresh air in this often very stuffy atmosphere. Though outspoken, he has never attacked or abused anyone.

Let the dead bury the dead I say!

Ok, start bashing Mr. Green COWARDS!!

How much courage does it actually take to 'speak out' - more than it takes to 'name names'?? To whom does the reference to 'grovelling like sick canines ' apply to? .. or does that require too much courage?
BTW - how do you judge the sincerity of the written word?
Your signature gives us an inkling of where you are coming from - 'Us and them' implies that 'Us' are different/inferior/superior/worse/better than 'Them' .
Are 'Us', ordinary men and 'Them', other than ordinary men? Or vice versa.
What criteria is used to define who falls into which category?
If characters such as solotwo fall into the'Us' category then I certainly want to be amongst the 'Them'

kdev Guest

its ridiculous that someone just dont ban solotwo, i stopped posting here because he creates drama. which we all dont need in excess, especially carrying over into my relaxation time...

you come here to relax and flightsim.... and you get SOLOTWO running his mouth everyday.

Ban him, and its over, period. I'll pay for his membership w/ Visa if you follow through, thats a promise. That is, if its the finances you are worrying about.

Just get rid of the scum before it makes everything stink.

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

hi All,

I admire this forum a lot and I still do it because of good , nice and knowledgeable people...I agree that communication skills are more important and that some people who are outspoken and want to openly express theie feelings learn those...It would have done good if SoloTwo would have said "It does not look that good but you could improve them by changing the scenery or something like that" or better could have asked "What's your comp specs??"...I agree with others as not every body has a great comp spec to have a realy great screenshot and not every body is an expert.There are newbies in the forum who are passionate about flying and are just expressing their passion/discoveries by posting screenshots.And then there are nice people who encourage them....I just have some advice for people out over here...Some people should have good communication skills while other's who feel objected by their so called open remarks should just ignore them.Please I am not here to preach about communication skills but I thot i should put in a few bytes here so as to tell how i feel about this issue...Hey and after all to all those who have decided not to post screenshots in this forum I would *request * them not to do so..There are some passionate people like me who get a high on seeing screenshots and you should just avoid such open comments...After all there are all kinds of people ....