Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Greenland at noon.

CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:37 am 

Even with my poor machine, I can tell that the ice and snow textures are better. At least they don't have that repetitive pattern. On a good machine, they should look really good. Sorry about the crappy graphics.

CrashGordon
CEO, Omega-Air Virtual airlines
UG_PL
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:41 am 

To be honest ,it looks nasty...... It looks like old FS2002 ,your last pictures were much better.

you could take some pics of jungle or africa ,with those animals Laughing
AMD64 X2 5000+ , Asus HD3850 512MB @ 755Mhz/925Mhz, 2GB OCZ DDR2-800 , Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA ,Biostar TF560 AM2/AM2+ , Antec TrueBlue 2.0 480W , Sound Blaster Audigy SE <=== FSX Killer .
Solotwo
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:06 am 

Seriously no offense crash, but what the f am I'm I looking at? Thats terrible!
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:31 am 

Excuse me...Has anybody notice this... Arrow

CrashGordon wrote:
Even with my poor machine

Lots of people here try to inform us about what they have notice in FSX and the only think we do is to judge their shots like we are the Mr.Perfect or like we have the Super Computer.Exclamation Surrender

I'm more than sure that there are a lot of people who wants to share their first experiences from FSX and they don't do it because they don't like or they afraid sharp comments Exclamation
This is not a judge room Exclamation This is just a place to share our common passion for flight with what everybody has to give for it.
If Crash or anyone else put these shots in order to compete then yes we can comment directly about the shots quality...But not for informing shots.

If someday we understand it maybe we can go forward.

Thanks for the feedback Crash.
99jolegg
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:59 am 

Well, you nearly got that chorus going, Crash Laughing

Yes, I agree, the textures look a lot more realistic, especially in the first two shots, even on a lower end machine.

Thumbs Up!
Click below to support FSF:
David Franks

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:42 am 

I just took a look at Greenland and the textures there on maximum really aren't very good at all.

I've often worried about negative feedback on these pages and on the screenshots gallery too.

I hate being told that the pause message is being displayed you know?

I'm not posting pictures here to win a prize but to try and just share with others that have the same interest as me. ie flight sims.

Anyway, I decided that Alaska probably has more to offer for snowy scenery than Greenland and so here's me on a scenic flight this morning.

Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:34 pm 

FSX water effects are better from any kind of add-on pay or free i have ever see Shocked Very Happy ....my opinion. Exclamation

Very nice shot Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:29 pm 

David Franks wrote:
I just took a look at Greenland and the textures there on maximum really aren't very good at all.

I like them. While it isn't as apparent on the snow textures, the ice textures no longer have that dumb repeated pattern that looked like houndstooth fabric.
CrashGordon
CEO, Omega-Air Virtual airlines