Problems...

El_Al 935ST Guest

Can someone please help me. FSX for me has got a bad frame rate and it takes so long to load and the textures are all blockey even though I chose high. These are my specs

Processor: Microsoft Windows XP SP2.
Hard Drive: 14.4 GB (After installing FSX)
Graphics Card: 128MB Ati Radeon 9200 with clock speed of 400 Mhz
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c with speakers and whatevr FSX required.

When I get to the cockpit, I press @ for ATC menu and it takes 15 seconds to come up. I only get a good frame rate with the details as up to medium. I want to get a new graphics card that requires AGP and/or PCI standard that can at the most get me on to high. I haven't got a PCI Express card and I don't want to spend £60.00 pn a new graphics card. What shall I do? Advice required.

Cheers

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

graphics card...

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (airbourne) First Officer

Well your not going to get a good enouth graffics Card for under £60.

I have a geforce 7600 GT and it Still Isnt the best graffics At all and its a 265 MB and i payed £120 for it

If u want me to be honist go for a Gefore 7900.

Its about £160 But its a good Graffics Card.

El_Al935ST Guest

I know but the 7900 requires PCI Express and I haven't got PCI Express.
That's the problem...

El_Al935ST Guest

also I don't have AGP Texture Acceleration enabled on my PC. Would this be causing a problem?

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Hi EL_Al 935st
I have a slower computer than yours and I can have better performance so it possible that something “wrong “ with your computer.
It maybe your hard disk or your over heated CPU so I woul like to know:
Did U had fs-9 on that computer and if “yes” what FPS and load time U got?
If U have “Performance test” of NORTON”
U should test your overall performance
U can check your computer in http://www.pcpitstop.com/ and have a free
Diagnostic opinion on your computer compered to other computers of his kind

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I love when people had computers that could barely run FS9 think they should be able to run FSX fine.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...