Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FSX ? FS9? Why Not Have Both ?..........

Pro Member Captain
Wing-man Captain

Well........... Rolling Eyes it was only a matter of time before I had to experiment.
As the subject say's, why not have both, am I gonna have some fun Laughing .
If you know what your doing, (I'm sure alot of you will), it's just a matter of moving/changing/editing files here and there, it can be done, so why wait for patches to be released. Obviously, you do it at your own risk, (you already know to always back up your files). This is not a tutorial, but just to let you know that it can be done, so what you waiting for.

I think it's already been asked/mentioned, about ........... where's the aircraft folder in FSX ? look here............. (C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/SimObjects/Airplanes

WORD OF WARNING .........when you double click on the (SimObjects) folder, stand well back, there's an Animals folder in there Whip Big Grin

So, there you have it, aircraft made for FS9, will work in FSX with a little editing to the files, even freeware made for FS9 will work, notice the Posky 747. But dont just take my word for it, these are just random of some of my aircraft..............

CG, come on, let's see that Herc of your's in FSX.

Just to add, if payware aircraft will work, then what else will ? MMmmmm !!!

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

Nice shots, good work at the compatibility you've achieved!

Cool

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Hey Wing-Man, thanks for the info, best news I've heard yet. Must try to get some of my war-birds transferred over. Spitfire, B-17, Mitchell, Lanc, Hurricane, and etc. And my favorite low and slow Lizzie (Lysander).

But first get the percolator going,.... Laughing Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Very cool looking shots Cool Its good to know that you can have your FS9 aircraft transferred Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

These are some good news Exclamation ...I wonder what this Little editing includes...? Idea

You have done an excellent Job Wing-Man

BTW...The screenshots are amazing as always... Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Look for "What's wrong with this picture" in FSX screenshots and you will see the Herc. Unfortunately, the props don't show up. I do have the FSD Cessna Oscar Deuce. but have discovered that FS9 textures use more resources than FSX.

Last edited by CrashGordon on Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
Wing-man Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

These are some good news Exclamation ...I wonder what this Little editing includes...? Idea

You have done an excellent Job Wing-Man

BTW...The screenshots are amazing as always... Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

Basically, it's just a matter of getting your FS9 folders accross into FSX folders, thats pretty straight forward. Dont try doing a fresh install from load disk straight into FSX Nope simply, go into your FS9 "Aifcraft" folder, choose the aircraft you want in FSX, and then it's a click/copy/paste into your "Airplanes" folder within the "SimObjects folder.
Or, click/copy your FS9 chosen aircraft, copy it to desktop, and then just drag and drop it into the FSX "Airplanes" folder within "SimObjects".

That's when the editing starts, because eventhough you've now got your aircraft into FSX, the panel may/will need editing in order for it to appear and work within FSX. Just incase anyone ask's, "what do I need to do" or "what do I edit" if your not sure or dont even know, I'd suggest not attempting it at all, you dont want to balls up your FSX folder's do you.

I've not tried this, but maybe after putting your FS9 aircraft into FSX, maybe the FSX default panels will work in them Question if not, then maybe after some editing Dont Know .

As for the screenies, nothing special CG, just quick captures to show it can be done, but thanks anyway. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thanks for the info Wing-Man Thumbs Up! ...I ll try to destroy everything when(and if)i get my FSX... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Thanks for the info Wing-Man Thumbs Up! ...I ll try to destroy everything when(and if)i get my FSX... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Still waiting?? Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Still waiting?? Shocked

Yes...But its Weekend...I give them a break...I guess that till the end of next week i ll have it.
The status is Ready To Pack. Wink

We shall see... Wink

Pro Member First Officer
claytonlocher First Officer

Those screenshots are awesome! They're better than others that I've stared at for that past 6 months. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Nice shots! Glad you have it running.
I loaded my 35V last night and have to move the gauges and effects over to the correct folders.
The aircraft handles like a dream, and looks good also.
Next, The MAAM DC-3.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Wing-man Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Nice shots! Glad you have it running.
I loaded my 35V last night and have to move the gauges and effects over to the correct folders.
The aircraft handles like a dream, and looks good also.
Next, The MAAM DC-3.

Radar

Good to hear your getting it sorted RM Thumbs Up! look forward to some screenies. Wink