SearchSearch 

Wow, that was simply awesome!

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

I cant believe no one has mentioned this already, but....

I was looking at the knee pad and started to look at all of the simulator comtrols.

I noticed this, Ctrl + J - to extend the walkway to the aircraft.

Now, i appreciate that this had been rumoured but i had to see how well it worked. So, i went to my favourite airport, (big up Gatwick!), and parked one of my planes at a gate which had a jetway, and activated it. It extended and latched on to my boeing perfectly, exactly at the right place, it was simply awesome.

However, better was to follow, i then asked for a pushback, and instead of the aircraft strangely rolling back on its own, i actually had a little pushback truck come and push me back, it was incredible.

Unfortunately i am on dialup at the mo or you would have seen some truly amazing events.

Now, i dare you, some one try and say FSX is rubbish now???!!!!????!!!

W O W !

This SIMULATION is keeping it pretty real!!

(emphasis on simulation for our good friend crash gordon!! 😉 )

You gotta try it guys!!

Micah

14 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Sweet 🙂

I can't wait to get my new comp so I can see all these new features!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'm glad they've fixed something that was seriously lacking in FS9. Great touch! 😉

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

by the way, my system specs are as follows,

P4 3600
2.5gig ram
256mb nvidia 6800gt

I can still see the things i mentioned above on this system, if you are looking for any sort of benchmark.

Micah

PS:- I did have a refuelling truck cross the runway as i was about to take off, a bit scary!!

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

Ctrl = J, nice touch. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

This SIMULATION is keeping it pretty real!!

(emphasis on simulation for our good friend crash gordon!! 😉 )

Micah

Noted and appreciated. 😀

Pro Member First Officer

Yeah! I LOVE this game. How do you get to level 2?

😂

Pro Member First Officer

by the way, my system specs are as follows,

P4 3600
2.5gig ram
256mb nvidia 6800gt

I can still see the things i mentioned above on this system, if you are looking for any sort of benchmark.

Micah

PS:- I did have a refuelling truck cross the runway as i was about to take off, a bit scary!!

Thanks for that!

I'm a bit rubbish when it comes to things like computer specs, I just want a system that'll run FSX with everything ultra high 😀

What would be the minimum price range for them kind of specs?

saint4 Guest

Hi, does anyone know how to make the other vehicles to work? I only get the Fuel truck to work. I turned my engines off, but the other vehicles don't move.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hey guys,
I tried everything to try to make the Jetway extend to my aircraft. I made sure to park between the two yellow hash marks--turned my engine off, set the parking brakes and pressed ctrl+J but nothing happens. All of my settings are on extremely dense but nothing moves. The only live animations i see are the trucks driving around the airport. Any help on what I'm doing wrong?

Hawkin Guest

Running xp

P4 3.2GHz
geforce 6600 (256)
2gb Ram
80gd hard drive

when most of the things are on (high medium)settings, it's very jumpy??
but when i have FS9 on high! it run's perfect?? has anyone found a system or settings which gives good detail quality with smooth flying.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

In 30mins I'll be able to do this too!!!!!!CAN'T WAITTT!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Hawkin wrote:

Running xp

P4 3.2GHz
geforce 6600 (256)
2gb Ram
80gd hard drive

when most of the things are on (high medium)settings, it's very jumpy??
but when i have FS9 on high! it run's perfect?? has anyone found a system or settings which gives good detail quality with smooth flying.

FSX is not FS9, it's much more graphic intensive, you have to "play" with the settings saving each one.
If you do enough tweaking eventually you will settle on good settings for the area that you are flying in.

Radar