I have FSX ,a little review from me......

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

Piece of Crap software !!! Evil or Very Mad

FSX is some kind of Joke ,people!!!

Ok lets get started:
Installation took 1 Hour and 15Gb of HD 😂

With Medium-Low settings I get 12-17FPS!!! WTF???
I have 1024Mb of Ram ,P4 3.2Ghz HT ,ATI X800XL 256MB

With everything on max I get 2-5 FPS 🙄

Even with Low setting I get max 20FPS and it always go down when I move the crappy plane.(Like 15FPS)

I can run FS9 with everything on max and have up to 50FPS

Game looks horrible on medium settings Yucky
I wasted my time,money and HD for this software ,Bill G should go to hell and burn with his Censored FSX .

Censored By Radar

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Don't try to do it all at once. You have a decent system, so you should have better results. Back all your sliders down, forget about autogen and special effects until you do a vista upgrade, and try to bump up all your other display settings (terrain, aircraft, mesh, etc) from there, bit by bit

Patience is a virtue....

😎

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

yeah I've set autogen to zer and I get better perfomance about 50% 😀

anyways..

one shot from me ,more later...

Alaska:

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Some of you people are amazing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I just love it when people blame the software because their

computer just doesn't have what it takes!

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Totally agree with CG,

my computer is ok but struggles with FSX a bit, but still looks ok. However, i know that this isn't microsofts fault.

They are going to produce something that pushes the boundries and therefore the system specs, or what would be the point??

We just have to keep up with technology, and that is down to our own personal choice. If you dont want to upgrade your system, then live with low fps or stick with fs9.

Either way, calm down a bit or your blood pressure will go through the roof!!

Micah

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

Puke Up Yucky Whistle Umm...

You are Microsoft Fanboy.... This is bullcrap ,Who can run FSX on Max setting and have 30FPS ??? I think no one. Who can run FSX with Medium-High setting and have 30FPS??? very few,what is the point of making game that looks like crap on a medium range PC.... I can buy FS2002 and it will look waaaayyy better on max setting then on FSX medium-Low 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

Micah wrote:

We just have to keep up with technology, and that is down to our own personal choice. If you dont want to upgrade your system, then live with low fps or stick with fs9.

Micah

And you will buy everything that Microsoft will throw at your face!!! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have no reason for not respect your opinion but i must point that there are o lot of great screehsots in these forums from people who has FSX and good systems ,and i also have to admit that they look great.
Even me in past i have shot some screenshots with FSX demo and i was impressed.

Keep on mind that for me FPS are only some numbers.What i see is the objective to judge. 😉

Just my opinion 😉

Pro Member Trainee
encarta2006 Trainee

UG_PL wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

You are Microsoft Fanboy.... This is bullcrap ,Who can run FSX on Max setting and have 30FPS ??? I think no one. Who can run FSX with Medium-High setting and have 30FPS??? very few,what is the point of making game that looks like crap on a medium range PC.... I can buy FS2002 and it will look waaaayyy better on max setting then on FSX medium-Low 🙄

If you ABSOLUTLY HAVE TO have a great game,

MAKE IT YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should know better than to bash MS. They are doing their ABSOLUTE BEST for YOU, and all you have to say is that FSX stinks!!! 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

Yes for me FSX suck all the way... 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain

UG_PL wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

First, who wants to run any version of FS at 6 FPS more than humans can detect?

Second, for the past few years, hardware has advanced faster than software. Now, software has taken the lead. Within a year, computers that will run FSX with everything pretty much maxed out, will be commonplace.

You can choose to catch the future of stay chained to the past. Just remember, if you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

Stop saying that crapp about human eye!! So you are telling me that there is no difference between 25 and 40FPS? 🤔 ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain

UG_PL wrote:

Stop saying that crapp about human eye!! So you are telling me that there is no difference between 25 and 40FPS? 🤔 ROFL

Fine, forget about the science. Just listen to your Censored gamer buddies.

There is no further point to debating it with you.

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

😂 You are trying to tell me that 25 is the same as 40FPS LOL,BIG LOL .... don't even post anything like that on the PC Hardware/Games forums..... LOL
and you are getting mad because of what? you must be blind if you dont see any difference.....

Pro Member Chief Captain

UG_PL wrote:

😂 You are trying to tell me that 25 is the same as 40FPS LOL,BIG LOL .... don't even post anything like that on the PC Hardware/Games forums..... LOL
and you are getting mad because of what? you must be blind if you dont see any difference.....

What part of, "There is no further point to debating it with you.", was difficult to understand?

I have the same graphics card as you but have twice the RAM, probably a faster CPU and have 2 HDDs in RAID0 and KNEW FOR A FACT that I wouldn't be able to run this game remotely near highest settings.

I think what you are really annoyed about is your own Censored for thinking you could buy the game and run it at high settings and get a super high frame rate and enjoy the visuals which the screenshots advertising the game have. Every game launch in history advertises games use top of the line systems with all graphics/detail settings on full.

With regards to your FPS nonsence, if you hit Shift+Z twice in game it will show you your FPS and the Target FPS which is normally 17. I'm unsure why you have the urge to have a FPS twice the target one? What you may not be able to comprehend is that First Person Shooters require a higher FPS because things move much faster and ther is more going on, hence the minimum target of 30FPS in these games.

Censored By Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

UG_PL wrote:

I'm glad you find it so funny, but its true. Obviously, Wikipedia fell for it aswell...

These rates would be impractical for the actual frame rate of most film mechanisms so the shutter in the projection devices is actually arranged to interrupt the light two or three times for every film frame. In this fashion, the common frame rate of 24 fps (frames per second) produces 48 or 72 pulses of light per second, the latter rate being above the flicker fusion rate for most people most of the time.

LOL, BIG LOL.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...