help with private pilot checkride

hello
just a question and help with private pilot checkride
i take off and reach a suitable alutitude and then the lady says ok now do a turn to 09 yeh i do that
then she says great job and tells me to do a 360 degree turn to the left
i do that then she says sorry and exits
i tried another time and turned real compass 360 which is heading for north, she says nothing and so i guess i flying wrong way
anyone help me cos i stuck on this part for a few years and haven't attempted it again

Answers 26 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This should solve your problem. Let us know how you do.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315203

Radar

thanks i give it a go on the weekend
out of interest what checkride have you completed
do u want to be a pilot or is it just a hobby to fly on flight sim?
anyone heard anything about simulator 2006 yet?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is my first MS flight sim (I'm hooked big time) and I haven't started the lessons yet, I'm having too much fun flying by the seat of my pants.
I usually use the GPS and ATC.
I wanted to take lessons when I was young but real life got in the way and now this is my enjoyment.
2006, we haven't heard anything here, and I haven't seen anything at any other site. I hope they rebuild it for the new generation (64 bit) of hardware coming along but you never know with MS.
Have fun and stop by often, and good luck with the lessons. 👍

Radar

still having trouble
although i passed the 360 degree steep turn and get out of the turn heading towards 09 i fly for a long time and even pass the airport i was suppose to land and still didnt hear anything from lady
think i might did something wrong

below is the flight chart of the route and it ends where i gave up

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No image, Tripod doesn't allow "hot-linking" try http://photobucket.com/register.php it's free.

Wait for someone who took the lessons.

Radar

hey radarman
aren't yah gonna help me out here?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I had to eat dinner 🍻 as I said I didn't take lessons but when I fly with the GPS that happens to me.
I see the strip on the screen, I set the heading but come in sideways like you, not heading at the beginning of the runway.
Wait for one of the pros, like FEM, leadfoot, arkydave or another they'll be glad to help.

Radar

ok but they don't look in this forum do they?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'll see if I can get someone to come here to help, promise! Liar

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

After looking at that, The only thing I can say is this. Either you have a glitch, or she wants you to fly ILS landing. But, I doubt it'd be a ILS, because it is only a private pilot checkride. If you don't know, ILS stand for Instrument Landing System, or somehtin similar, I forget exactly. Most likely, you have a glitch in the software. Because that's a long way to fly out. I don't think I can help a lot, for the sheer fact that that's a different version of FS than what I have. I would recommend that you do purchase Flight Simulator 2004.

Now I know that this may not sound like a lot of advice, but as I am not too familiar with the other FSims, I can't help too much. I would put my beans on a glitch in your game...Good Luck!

thanks anyway
Is a glitch a problem with the game??
i followed radarman's link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315203
and followed the instuctions but after i got out of the 360 steep turn and flew on i had no other instructions

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Did she give you a certificate? You can cheat, I know which folder they keep them in. 🙄

Radar

no she didnt give me it
i didnt even land on the runway
thats sort of cheating
the point is to pass it honestly

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I know and I don't blame you but I wanted to give you the out.
In a way you deserve it if the sim has a bug in it.
Passing the lessons is an accomplishment but don't let it take the enjoyment of just flying away from you.

Radar

ok ok
i give up
just tell me where to get the certificate
the next level up looks hard though
VOR so much instructions i'm confused

by the way is there such plane as TETRIS and where you download it
i know there is one called CAT 10

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I could't find anything called TETRIS but there are a few with CAT in their name.

Here is a good VOR site.
http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/

Go to the root (main) Flight Sim folder and go to the Uries folder, the certificates are in there. Rules
I'm going to tell your mother! Nope
ROFL

Radar

thanks mate
yah a funny one

the plane is acutally called Duchess
and i downloaded one from another site but the GPS is stuffed
where can i find another download

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry but I don't know what will work in 2002 and what won't. Try these if you like. If you can supply me with more information I'll be happy to do another search
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Duchess&CatID=root&Go=Search

2nd from bottom?

Scroll down to duchessb76.zip .

http://ftp.se.kde.org/pub/pc/games/flight-sim/uploads01/jun/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Toejam Guest

As a guess from your chart, it looks like you landed at the wrong airport. The checkride has you land at Tacoma Narrows. You have to enter it's pattern (left hand pattern) then come around and Land. It looks like you went to a nearby airport (there are several)

this is what i am looking for

and by the way which airport is it your're actually suppose to land on cos they all look the same

i am very confused about VOR all the instructions drive me mad

MSGA400 Guest

I finished the check ride, landed at the assigned airport, and nothing happened.

Hen Guest

I did what the website told me.. but the lady still say sorry ... and.... i dont know how to beat it now... got stuck for few years.... can someone help me here?

Cyborge Guest

I have FS 2004 and i cant get the radio to work. When the flight loads im sitting on the runway. I assume i have to get clearance and go through the com routine like I did on the previous lesson. I make selections for the com to the tower and i dont hear/see "me" say anything and i dont get a response. And of course the lady giving the check ride must be late for a date or something. After I take off i try to contact Tacoma and i get nothing. Then i get something about my turn was to shallow and my rollout was to soon. I have done the update for FS 2004 and I really dont want to reinstall and start over. Evil or Very Mad

Joe G. Guest

Is it only for me or MSFS certification seems to be sort of impossible task?
As my computer is junk at this moment all I can do is fly MSFS2K.
Trying PP certification for months, keep failing altitude 😀 (No problem on that, sooner or later I will beat that checkride!)
But, reading the posts above makes me wonder... would be a good idea to update my computer just only to keep failing on the certification process?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...