Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Sound is maybe killing your FPS!

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

Well ,I know that "Good" sound card can bring your FPS up as much as 15 frames per second. If you have sound quality at very high.FSX dose not have such a option and it probably have very high quality. I saw BIIGG difference in Battlefield 2 between low and high, 20FPS!!!! 🙄

So I'm getting new sound card and I hope it will help a little bit 😎

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

UG_PL wrote:

Well ,I know that "Good" sound card can bring your FPS up as much as 15 frames per second.

Never heard that one before, wonder what one has to do with the other?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

UG_PL wrote:

Well ,I know that "Good" sound card can bring your FPS up as much as 15 frames per second. If you have sound quality at very high.FSX dose not have such a option and it probably have very high quality. I saw BIIGG difference in Battlefield 2 between low and high, 20FPS!!!! 🙄

So I'm getting new sound card and I hope it will help a little bit 😎

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

lol...you're the boss. 😂

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

UG_PL wrote:

Well ,I know that "Good" sound card can bring your FPS up as much as 15 frames per second. If you have sound quality at very high.FSX dose not have such a option and it probably have very high quality. I saw BIIGG difference in Battlefield 2 between low and high, 20FPS!!!! 🙄

So I'm getting new sound card and I hope it will help a little bit 😎

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

You don't know anything about hardware CrashGordon......

People don't realize that their soundcard can make noticeable difference in FPS!
Especially when moving from onboard to a sound card....
at toms hardware They showed a graph which represented about a 10 FPS difference between AC 97' and an Audigy 2 in Quake III.
To day i did a little test on FSX ,I disabled my onboard sound card...

With sound about 12-14FPS
Without the sound 15-22FPS

it was done with the same plane/city and settings....pretty good ....huuh?

😂

Do a little research crashgordon ,before you post those freaking smiles 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

PIC1stOfficer wrote:

UG_PL wrote:

Well ,I know that "Good" sound card can bring your FPS up as much as 15 frames per second.

Never heard that one before, wonder what one has to do with the other?

your onboard sound card is using your CPU. as much as 15%

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

First, you didn't mention that you had onboard sound in your original post. You mentioned something about getting a good sound card which could legitimately been interpreted as being opposed to a bad sound card.

Second, when you use references to Battlefield 2 and Quake III, they are meaningless to me. I have no interest in exploring things the world would be better off without.

Third, my onboard sound doesn't cause me any problems.

mavermick Guest

I think that reply is quite rude. All the author is saying is that to include a good quality sound card may increase your FPS. Problems or not, I know of no gamer who wouldn't want to see FPS increase.

What you say is like having a car with a boot full of concrete blocks.....and being happy with the mpg/performance because the car gets you there. Makes no sense. Empty the boot, get better performance and improved mpg.

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

Third, my onboard sound doesn't cause me any problems.

ummmmm, yes it does, it eats your frame rate by using up cpu cycles.
Being ignorant to that fact, doesn't make it less of a fact. Head,sand....you know the rest.

Second, when you use references to Battlefield 2 and Quake III, they are meaningless to me. I have no interest in exploring things the world would be better off without.

Again, head, sand. Dismissing legitimate benchmarks because of philosophy is the nuttiest thing I've read on the internet tonight....and I've read some crazy shizzle.

I do agree though, that the original post does lead one to assume the comparison is between two different pci sound cards.

For what it's woth, swapping from onboard to Audigy4 (all sliders right) I got 12fps increase in Call of Duty 2, 9fps in FS9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Reply to the last few posts:

I think that reply is quite rude.

And I think an obsession with frame rates is unhealthy.

your onboard sound card is using your CPU. as much as 15%

Then, it is illogical to assume that if one gets 15 FPS with on-board sound, they can expect any more than 17.25 FPS with a sound card. Do the math.

I know of no gamer who wouldn't want to see FPS increase.

I know no gamers.

Dismissing legitimate benchmarks because of philosophy is the nuttiest thing I've read on the internet tonight

That's like using the Idi Amin as a benchmark in leadership skills.

The irrational obsession with FPS, that gamers have, defies logic. If you are using FS and it appears smooth, the insane need to raise the FPS shown in red letters across the top of the screen, simply makes no sense.

The FPS requirements of a point and shoot game are not relevant to FS. It is a classic apples and oranges comparison.

Obviously, I am heavily biased against games. That irks gamers, so I am sure we will see more nonsense posted by them, because they think what they do is "cool". Mad

Heero884 Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

Reply to the last few posts:

I think that reply is quite rude.

And I think an obsession with frame rates is unhealthy.

your onboard sound card is using your CPU. as much as 15%

Then, it is illogical to assume that if one gets 15 FPS with on-board sound, they can expect any more than 17.25 FPS with a sound card. Do the math.

I know of no gamer who wouldn't want to see FPS increase.

I know no gamers.

Dismissing legitimate benchmarks because of philosophy is the nuttiest thing I've read on the internet tonight

That's like using the Idi Amin as a benchmark in leadership skills.

The irrational obsession with FPS, that gamers have, defies logic. If you are using FS and it appears smooth, the insane need to raise the FPS shown in red letters across the top of the screen, simply makes no sense.

The FPS requirements of a point and shoot game are not relevant to FS. It is a classic apples and oranges comparison.

Obviously, I am heavily biased against games. That irks gamers, so I am sure we will see more nonsense posted by them, because they think what they do is "cool". Mad

ignorance is bliss 🙄

mavermick Guest

CrashGordon.....please don't be under any illusion that you are running/playing anything other than a game. It's a very good game, but a game it is. I just thought you were rude when the original poster was trying to offer advice to those who wanted it, yet all you could do was introduce sarcasm. It is not a simulator for many reasons....and these do not need listing as for anyone in the know they are most obvious.

If my system were restricted to 15 FPS (they crazy thing is I couldn't give a toss, but I came here to stand up to a bully), I think you would find that 2-3 FPS increase would be more than welcome by the majority of peeps. I think it is a significant increase. People in the UK are subject to 17.5% VAT yet it is a most unwelcome tax, there would be mass happiness if it was ditched.

Oh...your clever dick attitude is wasted on me. I've got a B.Eng in electronics, PhD in neural networks, chartered membership of the IET and last, but not least, holder of a JAR PPL. Oh, I teach kids maths too.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Shall we put the game / simulation debate, in the same place as the Boeing / Airbus debate?

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Shall we put the game / simulation debate, in the same place as the Boeing / Airbus debate?

😉

🙂) 👍 🙂)

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

Obviously, I am heavily biased against games

. Dude, you are a gamer.

That irks gamers

Dude, you are gamer.

, so I am sure we will see more nonsense posted by them

Dude, you are a gamer.

,
The irrational obsession with FPS, that gamers have, defies logic.

Dude, you are a gamer! Did you think you're a pilot?

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

CrashGordon is very ignorant!



Last edited by UG_PL on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total
1Gamer Guest

omgttfs wrote:

Obviously, I am heavily biased against games

. Dude, you are a gamer.

That irks gamers

Dude, you are gamer.

, so I am sure we will see more nonsense posted by them

Dude, you are a gamer.

,
The irrational obsession with FPS, that gamers have, defies logic.

Dude, you are a gamer! Did you think you're a pilot?

FINALLY, an uprising against CrashGordon. Ok, ok....I'm a well know member here but I don't want anyone to see who I am so I go under 1Gamer....but Crash, why do you always act like such a a$$hole to people? We all share the same liking for this GAME/simulator and you don't have to talk like you know everything. I speak on behalf of the others here, we are tired of your "Oh mighty and powerful" attitude to people. Can't we all just get along!?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

1Gamer wrote:

I'm a well know member here but I don't want anyone to see who I am so I go under 1Gamer....

How mature and corageous 🙄

1Gamer wrote:

I speak on behalf of the others here, we are tired of your "Oh mighty and powerful" attitude to people.

Are we? Well thanks for letting us know. 🙄

😉

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

Yes we are 99jolegg. I'm tired of his stupid comments everytime I post something .

1Gamer Guest

99jolegg wrote:

1Gamer wrote:

I'm a well know member here but I don't want anyone to see who I am so I go under 1Gamer....

How mature and corageous 🙄

1Gamer wrote:

I speak on behalf of the others here, we are tired of your "Oh mighty and powerful" attitude to people.

Are we? Well thanks for letting us know. 🙄

😉

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm a coward for posting as a guest but are you saying CrashGordon isn't an a$$hole to people!? If you do, I have lost all respect for you.....I'm sure Crash is a nice guy in person but just stop treating people like trash(even though some of them may be! 😂 ) This is supposed to be a friendly website.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

UG_PL wrote:

CrashGordon is very ignorante!

You might want to learn to spell ignorant before calling somebody that 😉

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

1Gamer wrote:

but are you saying CrashGordon isn't an a$$hole to people!?

Yes I am. Speaking your mind in a relatively polite way (not including grumpyness) doesn't render you an 'a$$hole'.

1Gamer wrote:

If you do, I have lost all respect for you..

I haven't a clue who you are, thus I don't care.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I don't recognize the well (good ,old)known Fly Away forums... ❗

I would like to please everyone one here...Members-Guests-Members posting as guests...To calm down ,to relax and discuss in a civilized way about our issues.

We all can have our views for Flight Simulation but I beg in the name of any God you believe to try behave like humans with self-respect and sence... ❗

PLEASE

1Gamer Guest

UG_PL wrote:

Yes we are 99jolegg. I'm tired of his stupid comments everytime I post something .

Well, I guess its just me and you UG, I don't know why everyone else isn't recognizing this problem......

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

I don't recognize the well (good ,old)known Fly Away forums... ❗

Nor I, GM, nor I 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

omgttfs wrote:

Obviously, I am heavily biased against games

. Dude, you are a gamer.

That irks gamers

Dude, you are gamer.

, so I am sure we will see more nonsense posted by them

Dude, you are a gamer.

,
The irrational obsession with FPS, that gamers have, defies logic.

Dude, you are a gamer! Did you think you're a pilot?

I think I am using a simulator. I know the word "Dude" is used by those I have a very low regard for. And, no, I am definitely not a Censored gamer.

If the best you can do is hurl the same inult over and over again, I guess we have nothing to discuss.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

1Gamer wrote:

FINALLY, an uprising against CrashGordon. Ok, ok....I'm a well know member here but I don't want anyone to see who I am so I go under 1Gamer....but Crash, why do you always act like such a a$$hole to people? We all share the same liking for this GAME/simulator and you don't have to talk like you know everything. I speak on behalf of the others here, we are tired of your "Oh mighty and powerful" attitude to people. Can't we all just get along!?

How brave you are. 😂 😂 😂 😂 Well, I suppose if I were quoting Rodney King, I'd want anonymity, too.

Usenet newsreaders have a means to not display posts by those one finds offensive or annoying. Too bad that level of technology doesn't exist here.

heero884 Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

1Gamer wrote:

FINALLY, an uprising against CrashGordon. Ok, ok....I'm a well know member here but I don't want anyone to see who I am so I go under 1Gamer....but Crash, why do you always act like such a a$$hole to people? We all share the same liking for this GAME/simulator and you don't have to talk like you know everything. I speak on behalf of the others here, we are tired of your "Oh mighty and powerful" attitude to people. Can't we all just get along!?

How brave you are. 😂 😂 😂 😂 Well, I suppose if I were quoting Rodney King, I'd want anonymity, too.

Usenet newsreaders have a means to not display posts by those one finds offensive or annoying. Too bad that level of technology doesn't exist here.

it really is too bad 🙄 🙄 🙄

ps: if you dont think FSX is a game you should tell microsoft that. they somehow got the crazy idea that FSX should be categorized as a game which is evident in the link to FSX http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/default.htm 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

omgttfs wrote:

Obviously, I am heavily biased against games

. Dude, you are a gamer.

That irks gamers

Dude, you are gamer.

, so I am sure we will see more nonsense posted by them

Dude, you are a gamer.

,
The irrational obsession with FPS, that gamers have, defies logic.

Dude, you are a gamer! Did you think you're a pilot?

I think I am using a simulator. I know the word "Dude" is used by those I have a very low regard for. And, no, I am definitely not a Censored gamer.

If the best you can do is hurl the same inult over and over again, I guess we have nothing to discuss.

This is the last post in this thread from me....

CrashGordon you are probobly 50year old guy(thats why you are saying that you are not a gamer ,you are too OLD!!!) sitting in front of crappy PC that have integrated Video card and Pentium 3 ,and telling people that they have to follow technology.You also are posting some realy crappy Shots from FSX and you are expecting everyone to say... WOW what a beautiful shots,this is master piece and you are the best....
Well it will never happen my friend .... Yes you are playing game ,and yes,you are fan boy of microsoft and you will most likely kiss Bill Gates Ass and do what ever he will tell you and sell you.
You dont know anything about PC's but somehow you are pretending as one who knows everything.

Well Kiss my Ass Gordy!!! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

heero884 wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Usenet newsreaders have a means to not display posts by those one finds offensive or annoying. Too bad that level of technology doesn't exist here.

it really is too bad 🙄 🙄 🙄

ps: if you dont think FSX is a game you should tell microsoft that. they somehow got the crazy idea that FSX should be categorized as a game which is evident in the link to FSX http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/default.htm 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Yes they call it that so they can sell millions of copies more to gamers. Simulator has too many syllables for that target audience.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

UG_PL wrote:

This is the last post in this thread from me....

CrashGordon you are probobly 50year old guy(thats why you are saying that you are not a gamer ,you are too OLD!!!) sitting in front of crappy PC that have integrated Video card and Pentium 3 ,and telling people that they have to follow technology.You also are posting some realy crappy Shots from FSX and you are expecting everyone to say... WOW what a beautiful shots,this is master piece and you are the best....
Well it will never happen my friend .... Yes you are playing game ,and yes,you are fan boy of microsoft and you will most likely kiss Bill Gates Ass and do what ever he will tell you and sell you.
You dont know anything about PC's but somehow you are pretending as one who knows everything.

Well Kiss my Ass Gordy!!! 😂

You made me 13 years younger. 😀 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 😀

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

I think I am using a simulator

.

You can call a dog a "horse" a thousand times....it's still a dog.

I know the word "Dude" is used by those I have a very low regard for.

lol, like I care? 😂

Ok, I play Call of Duty 2, if I call it a battle simulator, is that better? Luckily, I'm not enough of a egotist for it to make any difference to me. I like all the GAMES I play whatever genre, First person shooter, flight sim or racing sim.....but I'm fully aware that they are "games". 😀

If you want to get back to who threw what insult first, you may want to review your posts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

omgttfs wrote:

Ok, I play Call of Duty 2, if I call it a battle simulator, is that better? Luckily, I'm not enough of a egotist for it to make any difference to me. I like all the GAMES I play whatever genre, First person shooter, flight sim or racing sim.....but I'm fully aware that they are "games". 😀

You can call a dog a "horse" a thousand times....it's still a dog.

The last time I looked, games were played. Do you seriously believe that I play?

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

Do you seriously believe that I play?

With something, yes, I do believe you play.

If you don't like the term "game", how about "pretend" or "makebeleive". Are you more comfortable with those?

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

omgttfs wrote:

Do you seriously believe that I play?

With something, yes, I do believe you play.

The maturity of your argument is quite impressive 🙄 . This thread should be locked, now that we have come to this point.

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

Yes lock it.
Heaven forbid I offend another pretend pilot while responding to a tech question.

If Mr."I think I'm an airliner pilot" wants to bring nonsensical rantings to a technical thread and then start ridiculing people who dare play games and care about the performance of their PC, he can expect a reaction.
If he doesn't want a reaction, don't post garbage, it's pretty simple.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Au contraire, I want the reaction. But, I agree. Lock the thread

aviator22 Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

Au contraire, I want the reaction. But, I agree. Lock the thread

nice! you crap on this thread and then ask that it be locked 🙄

thanks OP for the information!

1Gamer Guest

Crash, have you ever flown a single engine or multiengine plane ❓

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

Au contraire, I want the reaction.

lol that you responded to the "Mr. I think I'm an airliner pilot" reference.

Crash, have you ever flown a single engine or multiengine plane

Do you mean a real plane, or an imaginary/makebeleive plane?



Last edited by omgttfs on Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total
xpilotmanx Guest

UG_PL has some legitimate information. i hope that it gets added to a tips section for FSX or stickied or something.

1Gamer Guest

Ok, here's what I'm going to do. I will actually agree with Crash and say Flight Simulator is a simulator, but not a Flying simulator. It is a guage simulator. Thats the only simulator part of it.....the rest is a game 😀 I think everyone would have to agree with me on that one....

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

1Gamer wrote:

Crash, have you ever flown a single engine or multiengine plane ❓

Single engine. A very long time ago.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

1Gamer wrote:

Ok, here's what I'm going to do. I will actually agree with Crash and say Flight Simulator is a simulator, but not a Flying simulator. It is a guage simulator. Thats the only simulator part of it.....the rest is a game 😀 I think everyone would have to agree with me on that one....

No.

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

I think some people take FS a little bit too seriously. Really, it's like 1 step up from train spotting for some of you.

He's an idea, get a life other than the one viewed in 1280x1024.

.....or 1400x900 in my case.

I just realized something else. The default folder for FS9 in located fairly and squarely in the folder named "MICROSOFT GAMES".

1Gamer Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

1Gamer wrote:

Crash, have you ever flown a single engine or multiengine plane ❓

Single engine. A very long time ago.

Exactly why you think this is a simulator! 🙄

1Gamer Guest

omgttfs wrote:

I think some people take FS a little bit too seriously. Really, it's like 1 step up from train spotting for some of you.

He's an idea, get a life other than the one viewed in 1280x1024.

.....or 1400x900 in my case.

I just realized something else. The default folder for FS9 in located fairly and squarely in the folder named "MICROSOFT GAMES".

😂 😂 😂 Group Wave Oh I wish I knew you, we would make good frined. That was a great post 😀

1Gamer Guest

1Gamer wrote:

we would make good frined. That was a great post 😀

*friends 😀

1Gamer Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

1Gamer wrote:

Ok, here's what I'm going to do. I will actually agree with Crash and say Flight Simulator is a simulator, but not a Flying simulator. It is a guage simulator. Thats the only simulator part of it.....the rest is a game 😀 I think everyone would have to agree with me on that one....

No.

Ok, ok, ok.....you can go take a C-130 out this weekend and see how you do. And what are the 2 types of turbo prop engines anyways your mightyness?

1Gamer Guest

That is if the FAA approved you to fly under your current mental state! Phew, Is it me or is this guy nuts!?---Crash's next post..."It's You"

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

Can you say, "multiple post"?



Last edited by omgttfs on Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total
1Gamer Guest

omgttfs wrote:

Can you say, "multiple post"?

.

Sorry, I'm just really irritated right now 😂

1Gamer Guest

Yes, I know about the edit button but that feature isn't given to guest posters so I have to repost.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

1Gamer wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

1Gamer wrote:

Crash, have you ever flown a single engine or multiengine plane ❓

Single engine. A very long time ago.

Exactly why you think this is a simulator! 🙄

A serious question deserves a serious answer.

While FS can not produce actual movement on x,y and z axes, it does simulate the dynamics of flight on a 2 dimensional screen. That is as much as budget and location permit me.

It is highly unlikely that I will ever again fly a plane in this lifetime. Nor is it likely that I will ever visit parts of the world that FS grants me. If I crash a plane in FS, I don't laugh and start over. I'm dead for 24 hours. It's an incentive to do better the next time. It is as close to flying as I will get for the rest of my life, so perhaps, you will have some understnding of my rage at having an activity I enjoy, referred to as a game. The last time I played a game, I was 12.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

1Gamer wrote:

1Gamer wrote:

we would make good frined. That was a great post 😀

*friends 😀

Puke Up

1Gamer Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

1Gamer wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

1Gamer wrote:

Crash, have you ever flown a single engine or multiengine plane ❓

Single engine. A very long time ago.

Exactly why you think this is a simulator! 🙄

A serious question deserves a serious answer.

While FS can not produce actual movement on x,y and z axes, it does simulate the dynamics of flight on a 2 dimensional screen. That is as much as budget and location permit me.

It is highly unlikely that I will ever again fly a plane in this lifetime. Nor is it likely that I will ever visit parts of the world that FS grants me. If I crash a plane in FS, I don't laugh and start over. I'm dead for 24 hours. It's an incentive to do better the next time. It is as close to flying as I will get for the rest of my life, so perhaps, you will have some understnding of my rage at having an activity I enjoy, referred to as a game. The last time I played a game, I was 12.

Well in 1955, there was checkers....and with the way you categorize things that could be a warfare simulator.....but seriously, I can see where you get FS being a simulator, and most people think anything that is "played" or "done" on a computer is a game. I fly planes in the real world and just can't really associate FS with flying unless being in a million dollar simulator. Everyone has their own opinion but this is not why I'm in an argument here. Im in an argument because I just don't like people treating others like trash. I think your getting better though 🙂 My work is done here.....

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

If I crash a plane in FS, I don't laugh and start over. I'm dead for 24 hours. It's an incentive to do better the next time.

I have to post again.... I just cant read this crapp...
CrashGordon get your self a doctor ,maybe is too late but you can try 🙄

PS.What can be done from a simple Thread.If I can ask you Crash,dont ever post anything in my threads.

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

The last time I played a game, I was 12.

That seems like a whole year and a half ago judging by your posts.

If you want to take a computer game way too seriously, that's fine, just don't expect everyone else to be as delusional.

If I crash a plane in FS, I don't laugh and start over. I'm dead for 24 hours

Holy shizzle. you've got issues. Do you walk around in charred and burnt clothes for that 24 hours, or just regular "living people" type clothes?



Last edited by omgttfs on Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

1Gamer wrote:

Well in 1955, there was checkers....and with the way you categorize things that could be a warfare simulator.....but seriously, I can see where you get FS being a simulator, and most people think anything that is "played" or "done" on a computer is a game. I fly planes in the real world and just can't really associate FS with flying unless being in a million dollar simulator. Everyone has their own opinion but this is not why I'm in an argument here. Im in an argument because I just don't like people treating others like trash. I think your getting better though 🙂 My work is done here.....

You win. I will no longer reply to those who call FS a game, nor anonymous posters. In fact, I am starting a database to help keep me from wasting my time replying to gamers. It is a shame that the gamers here will be able to propagandize newcomers to FS, unchallenged.

1Gamer Guest

UG_PL wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

If I crash a plane in FS, I don't laugh and start over. I'm dead for 24 hours. It's an incentive to do better the next time.

I have to post again.... I just cant read this crapp...
CrashGordon get your self a doctor ,maybe is too late but you can try 🙄

PS.What can be done from a simple Thread.If I can ask you Crash,dont ever post anything in my threads.

Ok, we may not agree with Crash, but lets end this now. If we don't, were gonna use about a GB of space on this server 😂 . I feel the same way UG, but lets make peace.... 🍻

1Gamer Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

1Gamer wrote:

Well in 1955, there was checkers....and with the way you categorize things that could be a warfare simulator.....but seriously, I can see where you get FS being a simulator, and most people think anything that is "played" or "done" on a computer is a game. I fly planes in the real world and just can't really associate FS with flying unless being in a million dollar simulator. Everyone has their own opinion but this is not why I'm in an argument here. Im in an argument because I just don't like people treating others like trash. I think your getting better though 🙂 My work is done here.....

You win. I will no longer reply to those who call FS a game, nor anonymous posters. In fact, I am starting a database to help keep me from wasting my time replying to gamers. It is a shame that the gamers here will be able to propagandize newcomers to FS, unchallenged.

I'm not really a gamer, I do VATSIM and have a ton of hours there, I'm just saying FS is a really serious game, and yes it has no objective to it, but its not really a hardcore simulator

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

In fact, I am starting a database to help keep me from wasting my time replying to gamers.

My tag is OMGTTFS. Spelt O M G T T F S.
Please make me #1 on that list.

It is a shame that the gamers here will be able to propagandize newcomers to FS, unchallenged

Stars will fall from the sky, mountains will fall into the sea.

BTW. Do you wear a little pilots hat when you fly? Goggles?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

This thread has been extended as the most ridiculous and immature thread i have seen even from chat rooms in yahoo...I feel shame... ❗

My humble opinion...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

This thread has been extended as the most ridiculous and immature thread i have seen even from chat rooms in yahoo...I feel shame... ❗

My humble opinion...

I second that statement!

Radar

Guest Guest

I found this site after doing a google search for my FSX woes, those being extremely low, unplayable framerates(dipping into single digits occasionally) Upon reading, I was compelled to post a comment regarding CrashGordon's extremely crass and condescending remarks. His dismissive attitude towards the original poster who was only trying to help was one thing, but his tirade about FS not being a game, and belittling those who know it is, was what sent me, and obviously others, over the edge.

"Simulation" is merely a genre, much like "RPG" or "FPS", and is most certainly a type of game. Even the developers call it a game, and to say that they market it that way because "simulation" has too many syllables for the intended audience denounces an entire GAMING sub-culture, yourself included. If what I gathered is correct, you, CrashGordon, are about 63 years old. I'm impressed, because most senior citizens can't even figure out how to TURN ON a computer. However, every person that I have ever met that was that old had more character, respect, and wisdom than you will ever display on this forum. Revealing to others that you won't fly for 24 hours after you crash only goes to show how over-the-top you are about the whole FS thing. Your hobby seems to have turned into an obsession. I bet you pull the hair out of your balding head when your power goes out.

Guest Guest

I'd like to add that I once had the opportunity to briefly take the stick of a Robinson R22 BetaII helicopter, and Flight Simulator can't even come close to simulating that feeling. Short of building a bubble encompassing 360 degree video and a faux control panel, which can move in any direction, there never will be.

Pro Member Trainee
lydhndrxca Trainee

it may not come close to the "feeling" , but you cant expect that in the first place. You cant go into it and think it will come close to the experience of really flying.

But ill tell you one thing, it had certainly helped me get my IFR rating, and saved me alot of money that way.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

I found this site after doing a google search for my FSX woes, those being extremely low, unplayable framerates(dipping into single digits occasionally) Upon reading, I was compelled to post a comment regarding CrashGordon's extremely crass and condescending remarks. His dismissive attitude towards the original poster who was only trying to help was one thing, but his tirade about FS not being a game, and belittling those who know it is, was what sent me, and obviously others, over the edge.

"Simulation" is merely a genre, much like "RPG" or "FPS", and is most certainly a type of game. Even the developers call it a game, and to say that they market it that way because "simulation" has too many syllables for the intended audience denounces an entire GAMING sub-culture, yourself included. If what I gathered is correct, you, CrashGordon, are about 63 years old. I'm impressed, because most senior citizens can't even figure out how to TURN ON a computer. However, every person that I have ever met that was that old had more character, respect, and wisdom than you will ever display on this forum. Revealing to others that you won't fly for 24 hours after you crash only goes to show how over-the-top you are about the whole FS thing. Your hobby seems to have turned into an obsession. I bet you pull the hair out of your balding head when your power goes out.

I am answering your post because it is intelligenly written. Considering that I've been using PCs since they were invented, I can usually find the power switch. 😂 I do have a standing joke with those who know me. If I ever get like the senior citizens in the TV commercials,,,shoot me.

You, and perhaps, society in general, use the term game so broadly that any endeavour one does for enjoyment is considered a game.

Poker when played for change is a game, but a high stakes game where thousands of dollars are at stake, is not really a game. A copetition? Surely. A contest? Of course. But if you think the participants are playing, I would question that.

Similarly, baseball is called a game, but when multi-million dollar salaries are at stake, I don't think the participants are playing.

That gets to how I define game. If the activity can be defined something where one plays, then it is a game. If you think that practicing T&Gs in gusty crosswinds is play, then I don't think we can agree.

If someone says that for them, FS is a game. I can live with that. I might not think too highly of the person, but hey, no one cares.

If someone says FS is a game, I'll object because of definitions that have been stated many times before. The use of the term game in this instance trivializes FS.

If someone calls me a gamer, they are attacking my character, and I react ummm, errr, vigorously.

By the way, I disagree that simulation is a genre of game. The purpose for which software is used, has to be considered in determining if it is a game.

You have correctly pointed out that FS lacks features of high end simulators used in flight training. True, but that would make FS less capable simulator, but a simulator none the less.

I've refrained from directly addressing things in this thread stated by one specific member who requested me not to reply to his posts. I will abide by that as long as he stays away from mine.

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

Yes thats right and dont send me those Private Messages anymore.I dont want to read it. You got it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

UG_PL wrote:

Yes thats right and dont send me those Private Messages anymore.I dont want to read it. You got it?

Loud and clear.

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

[quote="CrashGordon"]

Guest wrote:

IIf someone calls me a gamer, they are attacking my character, and I react ummm, errr, vigorously..

Seriously, get over yourself.

I know so many people of amazingly high caracter who also happen enjoy gaming. For you to think you are better than millions of people that you have never met is just plain stupid. You sir, are stupid. You need to check you attitude, being old is no excuse for being anoying, arrogant and ignorant.

Just because you are obsessed with pretending you're a pilot DOES NOT mean you have any authority to ridicule normal people.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Seriously, everybody get over it altogether and quit trolling this thread, its an embarassment.

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I had prepared a detailed rebuttal, but it just isn't worth it.

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

CrashGordon stop posting Censored in this thread!!! Its all over!
We all know that you are not a gamer....
😂 I can't belive that I just said that. 🙄

Censored By Radar



Last edited by UG_PL on Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Seriously, everybody get over it altogether and quit trolling this thread, its an embarassment.

Which part is embarrassing -- the truth? Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

I dont get this. What truth?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Locked Radar

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions