Yellow DH Warning light in B2 Bomber

meylan Guest

hi, could someone please tell tell me what the YELLOW DH warning light is in the screenshot below . It's the B2 bomber .

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

have you tried hovering the mouse cursor over it? or, you could look in the readme or manual? sorry can't be of anymore use.

meylan Guest

it comes on straight after touchdown and there's nothing in the manual .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I'm guessing its the decision height.

And lol at panel.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

It is the Decision Height indicator and yea - whoever made that panel had some imagination 😂

meylan Guest

thanks , i actually really like this panel for it's simplicity. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The DH light on the panel is a notification light that you have reached the preset, by the pilot, Decision Height altitude on the radar altimeter. Normally set to about 150-50 feet above the ground(AGL). Used in conjunction with the CAT II, III ILS systems. Not useful for normal ILS be cause DH is measured above MSL for normal ILS and radar altitude is AGL. This light is also on the default Cessna Caravan. There is a knob or switch that allows you to set the value that the light illuminates. 🙂

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_altimeter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_Landing_System

meylan Guest

Thanks for the explanation CRJcapt , i've only just got used to normal ILS and didn't know there are different kinds . 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

meylan wrote:

Thanks for the explanation CRJcapt , i've only just got used to normal ILS and didn't know there are different kinds . 🙂

In FS they really don't but in the real world they do. It has more to do with the regulations and the certification standards of the equipment than how they are flown. 🙂

meylan Guest

Got it , thanks 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...