Landing problems: How to activate ILS?

guest Guest

I have troubles landing 😞 I was on a flight from klax to Santa Barbara Mun and i was on the oppsite side of the runway and i don't know how to activate ILS so i was below 2800 feet and going less than 180 knts and i pressed the apporach button, my ap was on and it was on NAV so can any1 help me land? I can't follow lessons because i don't understand it and that i use boeings

Help me Land

Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

guest wrote:

I have troubles landing 😞 I was on a flight from klax to Santa Barbara Mun and i was on the oppsite side of the runway and i don't know how to activate ILS so i was below 2800 feet and going less than 180 knts and i pressed the apporach button, my ap was on and it was on NAV so can any1 help me land? I can't follow lessons because i don't understand it and that i use boeings

Help me Land

Thanks

What do you mean you were on the opposite side of the runway?

1) Make sure you don't engage the APP button on the autopilot before 10nm from the runway threshold. This can be checked using the GPS.

2) Make sure the GPS/NAV switch is on NAV.

3) Try an ILS approach on a smaller aircraft, i.e. a Cessna. They're a lot slower and you get a better idea of whats happening.

4) If you are flying a small Boeing like a 737 then you can afford to reduce your speed slightly.

5) Make sure you engage the APP button after you have changed the GPS/NAV.

6) I've found in the past, it doesn't like it if you click on APP straight after having the NAV engaged. Disengage NAV first, then engage APP.

7) Theres no need to disengage altitude hold before engaging the APP, if you're doing that.

Thats all I can think of for now

😉

guest Guest

do i have to set up the ILS thing when i turn on app? I don't get how to tell the ATC that i want an Ils landing since i don't know to to change the radio stack to what i want to? do i change it before i tell them i want a full stop landing?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

guest wrote:

do i have to set up the ILS thing when i turn on app? I don't get how to tell the ATC that i want an Ils landing since i don't know to to change the radio stack to what i want to? do i change it before i tell them i want a full stop landing?

What do you mean by the "ILS thing"? The ILS should be setup, i.e. the CRS should contain the runway heading, the NAV1 radio should contain the runway ILS frequency and the radio should be engaged.

ATC in FS will clear you for an ILS landing if you file an IFR flight plan at the beginning.

Open the radio stack and make sure you have the ILS frequencies entered. If you don't know how to do this then you need to visit the Learning Center -> Radios section to learn. You enter the ILS frequency whenever you want, but no later than 15nm from the runway. You need the ILS frequency entered before you engage the APP.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...