Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Install problems

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

OK, my turn.
I installed it yesterday and flew around tweaking my video and control settings. Then I fired it up today and CRASH....I mean program crash.
So I tried to repair it, then uninstall and reinstall over and over. I keep getting an error 1722 just as it gets to registering the fonts. Yes, right at the end of the install.
I don't have Roxio or the other program that others mentioned.
Any thoughts?

13 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

you have all the sp2 installed etc?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Delete the log files and see if that helps.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Well, I deleted the log files and went through the registry deleting anything having to do with FSX, and tried another reinstall but alas it quit at the "registering fonts" point again with a 1722 error. then it rolls back and lists a 1603 error. It seems to be related to the installer program rather than FSX.
😞

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

HMMM, I might be low on disk space Embarassed ... I'll let you know later.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Well, i have 35gb free and still no joy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Try the following. Shut down every non-essential application and process...including anti-spyware and anti-virus software. During the installation process, try to monitor how much space is reported on your hard drive so that you can see if the error is still reported. You are correct that it is an installer problem, though I can't find any FSX-specific information on it.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

As the install stopped again..... I still had 21.3gb free. I wonder if the fact that it installed succesfully once, if it wrote somethinginto the registry preventing a re-install?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

jelami wrote:

As the install stopped again..... I still had 21.3gb free. I wonder if the fact that it installed succesfully once, if it wrote somethinginto the registry preventing a re-install?

Defrag.

Do this and use the demo of this novice mode.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

http://regvac.com/fregvac.htm

Radar

John Bissell Guest

I have the same problem. First installation worked. After a deinstall I can no longer reinstall and get the same 1722 at the end of the install when it's registering fonts.

The Eventlog names the file it was using, and this seems to relate to Microsoft Rights Management, however there is little else to point me in the right direction.

I have been a Microsoft Systems Engineer for 12 Years so I think I'm reasonally knowlegeable but this one has me stumped. Google search shows others having this problem as well, so I guess we have to wait for Microsoft to point us in the right direction.

Pro Member Trainee
knaemald51 Trainee

and have also uninstalled and reinstalled, tried tricks, tweaked, laughed, cried, slammed things around, broke the dvd tray, and now am ready to go buy the deluxe version. I gotta be a rube to just want to give MS my money for the frustration of bsd's and broken software. It's just that I love to fly simulators as my economics won't allow real airtime. Hope they arrive at a fix for this grevious error.
I have another question: if I buy another version will it in fact install now that I've been rejected by the first try? Is my machine carrying some snippet of code which MS deemed necessary as I had the nerve of trying to install it twice? Thats what seems to be happening here. What a mess. Guess all those big time programers as MS didn't run this crap from real productin dvd's and real peoples machines. Short sighted.
Sorry about the duplication.

tubaboy24 Guest

knaemald51 wrote:

I have another question: if I buy another version will it in fact install now that I've been rejected by the first try?

i have the deluxe edition, and i'm having the exact same problem. Don't risk the extra $10-$15...

Pro Member Trainee
knaemald51 Trainee

yep...I'm gonna sit back and wait abit and see what transpires. MS 2004 still working fine (50fps) on my notebook so guess I'll fly it for awhile.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

they are working on it and said that they would email the resolution as soon as they figure it out. Crying or Very sad