CH flight yoke

guest Guest

i have both the CH flight yoke and the Saitek X45 stick/throttle set up and the question i have is this. The flight yoke is a more realist feeling of flying since that is what most GA aircraft use but my yoke won't center consistently. I mean when i pull back on it or push it forward to climb or decend, it won't return to the same place in the center so i am constantly re trimming to get to straight and level. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have kinda just quit using the yoke and now use the X45 because it has more switches and buttons to program, so that i really don't have to use the keyboard for anything during flight.

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Hmmm, I just ordered one along with the pedals, from newegg.com. the cheapest price around.
I will be interested in seeing the responses you get.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

guest wrote:

i have both the CH flight yoke and the Saitek X45 stick/throttle set up and the question i have is this. The flight yoke is a more realist feeling of flying since that is what most GA aircraft use but my yoke won't center consistently. I mean when i pull back on it or push it forward to climb or decend, it won't return to the same place in the center so i am constantly re trimming to get to straight and level. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have kinda just quit using the yoke and now use the X45 because it has more switches and buttons to program, so that i really don't have to use the keyboard for anything during flight.

I have an old CH yoke (and I do stress old. I used it with the DOS version of FS) and I do like it best for GA. I don't recall
having the problem you are describing with it. I don't use it now because I don't have rudder pedals for it and I hate the
keyboard keys for rudder control. I may set it up and use auto rudder and see if I have the same problem you are having.

The lack of extra buttons is an inconvenience but not a major one for me. Mine only has two buttons plus the trim
adjustments for elevator and ailerons and throttle.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I made a mistake in answering your question. Now I want rudder pedals.

I used the CH Virtual Pilot with the Cessna 172. After climb out and engine power adjustment it trimmed out and maintained
trim. I tried both trimming it with the controller and through the trim adjustment on the panel of the plane. Best results were
achieved with the panel trim. The controller trim I found over sensitive. Could that be your problem?

I don't know what plane you were flying or what the conditions were but I had no problems at all, in fact I loved it. I found it
much easier to fly than the Microsoft Precision Pro stick I have. It rolled straight down the runway on takeoff and landing
which don't happen with the stick. It maintained trim throughout. After making a turn, climb or dive the plane has to stabilize
before it returns to normal flight but that is normal. Changing engine power also requires you to re-trim the plane but again
that is normal.

Hope this helps.

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

I have ch flight yoke (USB) for some year. For the first day it is not aligning back to the exact position and you have to “help him/it” at final.
Not like a joy stick
I think you do not suppose to use trimming. In other words it has some different “resting points” It is a huge improvement from joy stick .
I have a 3 years old Toyota car and it is the same with the stirring wheel
I do have the pedals as well and I am not really happy with it (maybe because I am a poor pilot) 😛

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Rafi wrote:

I have ch flight yoke (USB) for some year. For the first day it is not aligning back to the exact position and you have to “help him/it” at final.
Not like a joy stick
I think you do not suppose to use trimming. In other words it has some different “resting points” It is a huge improvement from joy stick .
I have a 3 years old Toyota car and it is the same with the stirring wheel
I do have the pedals as well and I am not really happy with it (maybe because I am a poor pilot) 😛

One thing I have done in other sims with other controllers is increase the null zone of the controller. That might help here.

Go to settings/joysticks/sensetivities and move the slider on the elevator to the right some. Experimenting with that might cure
your problem.

As for not being a very good pilot we all go through a learning period. Actually I find it easier to fly the real thing than the
sim. You don't get the seat of the pants feel with the sim and looking around is much easier in a real plane.

I don't know what planes you fly, but if you are learning it isn't a good idea to start with a 747. My computer isn't really up to
the task of FS9 and that makes things more difficult. I get the best frame rates with the Cessna 172 and that makes flying a
lot easier.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Well, mine arrived today( thanks Fed-ex) I only have about an hour on it and I am really into it. It is much more difficult than a stick, did I say difficult, I meant more realistic. I think this is definatly the cat's pajamas. 👍

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

Rafi wrote:

I have ch flight yoke (USB) for some year. For the first day it is not aligning back to the exact position and you have to “help him/it” at final.😛

Hmm I would think yokes would be female and of course the joystick would be male. Of couse you could have a transgender Yoke...

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

To WarHawk42 and Seideric
When I wrote the yoke not aligning back to the exact position I was talking mechanically so I do not know if changing the null zone will help
For not beeng a very good pilot , I still have fs 95 and since than I have
all the versions . I am flying for a several years I just do not like to fly big planes and every time before starting to fly fs2004 I am looking out the window and if it a windy day I am just giving up. So my usage for pedals mainly for keeping align at take of and trying to stop at landing.
Seideric: You just made my day : You see English is not my native
language and I am still using Word to correct my spelling. So if the only correction you found it is in your post then… you really made my day. Thanks.

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

Hey Rafi !!

I was joking! In the correct use of English yokes and Joysticks are both an * it *, as is any object in english. The painting of Mona Lisa is an it, although people generally assign a female gender to the painting. As that is the gender of the person in it.

In proper english we do not describe an object as a he or she.

But people generally ascribe a gender to things. A male person normally describes a car as a she, while a female may describe a car as a he or she.

A truck is normally male but I have met a few guys that call their truck by a female name. My truck is named Moose, and I assign a male personality to it. Although when Moose bites me when I am working on him, I call it some nasty female names, and some male ones too come to think about it.

Hmm... for obvious reasons if you wanted to assign a gender to a Joystick, it would most likely be male, and a yoke female. But properly it is an IT.

As I said I was making a joke, I did not mean to mislead you!

Rafi you are doing well, and FYI (For Your Information) I use Word to check my spelling too. 😀

Seideric

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Rafi wrote:

To WarHawk42 and Seideric
When I wrote the yoke not aligning back to the exact position I was talking mechanically so I do not know if changing the null zone will help
For not beeng a very good pilot , I still have fs 95 and since than I have
all the versions . I am flying for a several years I just do not like to fly big planes and every time before starting to fly fs2004 I am looking out the window and if it a windy day I am just giving up. So my usage for pedals mainly for keeping align at take of and trying to stop at landing.
Thanks.

Rafi, that is exactly what the null zone is for. To allow for a controller that doesn't always center correctly.

Now the downside to increasing the null zone is you would have to move the controller farther before you would get any
input into your plane, but if that is your problem (mechanical centering) then increasing the null zone should help.

If flying big planes is the measure of a good pilot then I will never be one. I have no interest in Jets at all. I like flying the light
planes I grew up with most of which are tail draggers. The good thing about FS is we can walk away from any mistakes with
no harm done. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...