what am I doing wrong?

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

I set up my departure and destination, set up the altitued and all necessary things before take off.
Problem
I enabled autopilot "z" and clicked on GPS and I observed that the plane is stable but drifted or went way far from the path I set up to get to destination.
What am I doing wrong. ❓

Dont Know

Please pardon if this is considered as off topic but please reply.
thank you.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Welshflyer Guest

I think pressing 'z' is just a general on/off switch and will not control the heading. For other functions press Alt,click on options then click on assignments and the keyboard assignments will be displayed under Autopilot controls "or something like that".Or secondly, depending on which aircraft you are using, there should be an autopilot in the cockpit with which you can control heading,speed, altitude and rate of climb etc.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Try engaging the AP by clicking on the AP button, the NAV button (with the GPS/NAV switch to GPS) and altitude hold (VSI hold) and see how that works.

Pro Member First Officer

99jolegg wrote:

Try engaging the AP by clicking on the AP button, the NAV button (with the GPS/NAV switch to GPS) and altitude hold (VSI hold) and see how that works.

I did it all but still not working. I am flying the default (microsoft) 747

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Sounds like you need to load/activate the flight plan or select "Direct To" destination on the GPS. 🙂

Saving, Loading and Clearing a Flight Plan

Once you've created a flight plan, you can save it for reuse. If you load a saved flight plan and make modifications to it, Flight Simulator will prompt you to save the file again. If you save the flight plan and click Yes to overwrite the previous file, the Navigation Log and Flight Planner map display will reflect your changes.

To save a flight plan
In the Flight Planner, click Save.
Note: The Save button is dimmed until you create a flight plan.
In the Save Flight Plan dialog box, use the suggested name for your file
-or-
Type a new name in the File name text box.
Click Save.

To load a saved flight plan
In the Flight Planner, click Load.
When the Load Flight Plan dialog box appears, select a saved flight plan.
Click Open to load the file.

To clear the current flight plan:
In the Flight Planner, click Clear to clear all flight plan information from the dialog box.
This does not delete saved flight plan files.

Pro Member First Officer

I am familiar to the instruction you gave me, I recreated a new plan named it saved it so on..but still the same.
Do you think flying ad on plane could make a difference. I am using FS9 planes. Please don't tell me to re-install Embarassed Unsure

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...