Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FSX hang and freeze

rossfr Guest

Hello, any help will be greatly appreciated please!

I can be playing for hours fine, starting from default location in Friday harbor for example. no problem.

but when I try "big" airport like KSEA or "heavy" mission like the one with the bell206 in Tokyo, FSX will hang during loading and freeze the computer or will freeze after a few seconds after the scenery started.

E6600 on Asrock 775dual vsta mobo
2gigs of corsair xms2
leadtek 6800GT

thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Are your graphics card drivers up-to-date?

Try flying from a smaller airport into KSEA and see if the display starts stuttering once you get nearer to the airport (KSEA)...

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Are your graphics card drivers up-to-date?

Try flying from a smaller airport into KSEA and see if the display starts stuttering once you get nearer to the airport (KSEA)...

+1. Large cities demand much more of your system.

rossfr Guest

sorry but my english is no so good...

when I said about "hang and freeze", I mean big system crash, I have to reboot, sound start to loop and eventually, sometimes, it happens I have blue screen (the irq_not_less_or_equal kind...).

I tested my, new, config with 1h of OCCT and no errors. All the others games work fine, only FSX.

I tried several differenty drivers from nvidia and unofficial drivers, still system crash, I even changed the sound card (audigy 4) drivers.

As I read in a post, I will try to reduce the traffic, because I actually noticed that system crash happens during heavy traffic scenery (airport or big cities).

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

If you can reproduce the text of the blue screen and communicate it to MS FSX support, that might help determine the source of the problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Overheating, add a fan in the rear to let out more hot air and open the case and clean the fans and heatsink.

Radar

rossfr Guest

RadarMan wrote:

Overheating, add a fan in the rear to let out more hot air and open the case and clean the fans and heatsink.

Radar

err....I dont think so... : I have 2 fans 12cm on my textorm 6A19, my core2 runs 39c and 6800GT 62c at full load....

I tried reducing the traffic to zero, but the game even crashed the computer when in the menu...

well...I uninstalled, FSX back in the box, tomorrow back to the shop and I reinstalled FS9.
Confused

tiomiguel Guest

I habe the same problem. computer stable, but when runnig in a new scenery, computer hangs. It is horrible