7950 GX2 - SLi graphics?

Anyone know if the new Forceware drivers enable this game to utilise SLi for the 7950 GX2 card?

I have the latest 91.47 installed but both GPU's don't seem to be being used at the same time.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

FSX does not take advantage of SLi at present. Your drivers are the latest and are fine.

That's odd since the latest Forceware drivers on the Nvidia web site state the following update for 91.47 :

[color=orange]"Updated October 17, 2006: Updated driver to include NVIDIA SLI profiles for Battlefield 2142, Company of Heroes, and Flight Sim X. "[/color]

Pro Member First Officer

The nVidia forceware drivers have a control panel. You can choose a game profile then adjust the settings. All nVidia have added is the FSX profile listing, not the actual settings.
It allows you to adjust each profile so that you can easily swap between game profiles without having to keep changing your settings.

SLI does work for FSX and you can set various modes. Check that it is working with the "Show GPU Load Balancing"

1. Use nHancer from http://www.nhancer.com/ to set the SLI mode along with other settings. You cannot set it in the nVidia driver. Get the latest beta version of nHancer from their forums, not from their front page. You will also need MS .NET 2.0 Framework. There is a 32 bit and 64 bit version of nHancer.

2. All nVidia users should check out the online manual for nHancer as it contains one of best documentations for driver settings I have come across.

Pro Member First Officer

I shall certainly give nhancer a look.

Not sure if we have our wires crossed? I am not suggesting SLi does not work or whether it offers better performance. I am saying Microsoft never built FSX with SLi optomizations and therefore will not take full advantage. Does that make sense?
Same with dual core. It works, and works better that a single core but again FSX will not take full advantage. At least that's what Microsoft themselves have said.

Just for the record, I have dual core and SLi and they work very well.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

I downloaded the latest driver 2 days ago, and if you can find your way to the program settings, then advanced, you can tune all the listed games to suit your hardware, also can add games not already listed. Scroll down and find FS 2004 and FS X by each other.

I've set both FS9 and FSX up for SLI, and there does seem to be an added improvement. Well I'm actually beginning to enjoy flying on FSX, so it must be improving as I find the right setting etc.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...