SearchSearch 

Error on install

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

We may want to keep this one up top as Microsoft does not yet have a reolution and will call me as soon as they figure it out.

I installed and activated the deluxe version on 10/17. On 10/18 FSX quit after 30 minutes (like the demo) and would not restart. I tried to repair it, then uninstalled and reinstalled 12-15 times and kept getting error message 1722 as it was registering fonts at the end of the install. At thi point, MS has no clue what is wrong, but says the problem is wide spread and they are working on it.
As soon as they get back to me with an answer, I will post it here.

Mike

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Please do and don't be discouraged that apparently nobody is interested in a different, sensible approch to get a handle on the myriad of problems being experienced.

I had the exact same problem. Went to reinstall and now I cant play the game. Why do we pay all this money out for a game that has so many faults. Its just getting stupid now,..... I apologise for being blunt but am just annoyed at paying £60 and £300 on new coomputer for a game that now does'nt work.......... Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I had the exact same problem. Went to reinstall and now I cant play the game. Why do we pay all this money out for a game that has so many faults. Its just getting stupid now,..... I apologise for being blunt but am just annoyed at paying £60 and £300 on new coomputer for a game that now does'nt work.......... Evil or Very Mad

You have a very good reason for being upset.. I would be too if the same thing happened to me. They can't expect people to pay that much money without being able to use the product...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The thing we are losing site of is that there are many more people that install it and have it run fine. People are not likely to post that it installed and worked....over and over.

What we do not know is what those who have problems, have in common. Since the people who have these issues are not posting their complete computer specs, down to the brand and model of their DVD-ROM drive and all of their installed software. I'm sure MS is asking these questions, but we aren't seeing that data. Therefore, no on e can look at the data and say, look 8 of 10 people having this problem are using...

All we are seeing is people saying, I paid a lot of money and it isn't working.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

I had this problem when uninstalling and reinstalling it.

I had to go through all of my registry and remove any references to fsx, I suggest if people know what they are doing to do this as it solved the problem for me.

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

Welcome to the Error 1722 Club! Wink As I've heard, nobody has a solution to solve this.

Guest Guest

Microsoft accepted my activation for FSX with no problems. After installation I restarted my computer. Now when I click on the icon it acts like I have never activated it before. I entered the product key again and it gives me error c004f033. Even after contacting Microsoft and getting a new product key it still gives me the error message. All I get is a 30 minute trial period. Microsoft does not support their product, nobody there knows what they are doing, and you just get transferred from place to place. All this, gets you is a customer survey call a couple days later asking you to rate their technique help/service. My question is what service? They did not even solve my problem. All they created was a fright stimulator! Evil or Very Mad Tomorrow FSX is being retuned. Maybe in a year Microsoft will have all the technical issues sorted out and fixed, for now I'm sticking to FS9.
Thank You!

Guest Guest

I'm curious if the error is happening on both the standard & deluxe edition. I've tried 2 of the deluxe editions with success only on the first install. After crashing & reinstalling the error comes up. Do I dare try the standard edition?