Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Laptop

Pro Member Trainee
MRGPS Trainee

Hi guys,

I will soon be embarking on a long trip away and I intend to have my FS9 with me all the time, the question is which is the best laptop to get to run FS9 very well. I am currently reviewing the DELL XPS.

Does anyone have a better suggestions.

ThanksGuys

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

What xps is it and what are the speifications?

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

depends on how much you want to spend...

theres a nice xps in the dell mail catalogues, but i think that would be a bit risky spending that much money on something your taking overseas...

I would take a look at the inspirons with a beefy video card, because they seem to be cheaper, and go the same speeds 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

MRGPS wrote:

Hi guys,

I will soon be embarking on a long trip away and I intend to have my FS9 with me all the time, the question is which is the best laptop to get to run FS9 very well. I am currently reviewing the DELL XPS.

Does anyone have a better suggestions.

ThanksGuys

I am not a laptop person so I don't spend time researching specs.

One thing you might keep in mind though before you buy:

Since you want to have fs9 with you all the time on your trip, get a laptop with a HDD big enough to allow you a full installation of fs9 and to store the fs9 patch and plenty of add-ons.

If I was in your shoes, I'd install everything on my hard drive and take copies I might need on CDs. I'd also get the crack. This way I wouldn't have to fuss with all kinds of discs when I want to run fs9. Keep the copies nice and clean. 🙂)

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

i dont mean to be showing off or anything, but the dell inspiron ive got only cost 1500$ about 1000 US, and its an awesome laptop.
80GB hdd is big enough for anything i need, and the mobility radeon 9600 allows it to play fancy games like doom 3 and fsx very well (at mid settings)
😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

hms_endeavour,

Seriously, wtf are you thinking with that signature?

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

I can see the humor of it. Leave him alone and dont hijack threads with useless posts, it is rude. It is for those kind of questions they invented the PM feature.

Back on topic; Further on what Tailhook said, It'd be wise to anticipate how long you will be using the laptop, it's easy to go overboard getting the best & nicest, but it would be a shame if you only use it for a short while, only to return to using your desktop later on, letting your expensive laptop rust in a corner Wink

And don't forget to check on power plugs and adapters, you don't want to end up in a country with outlets that you cannot fit your charger in!! Doh! (UK for example)

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

oh yeah and a spare battery! 😉