Vor Advice

Stuck Guest

I did try the search, but I could'nt find a solution to my problem.

Although I'm no expert at Vor I thought I was making progress of understanding it. First off I will state how I use the Vor normally and it does usually work.

I take off and fly Vor to Vor using the cessna 172 until I reach my final destination. I input the required Vor frequency into the Nav 1 radio then press the standby button. The DME shows how many miles I am from the station and my Vor needle moves. I use the OBS to centre the needle then fly the heading keeping the needle centred until I reach the required station. I usually do the process sucessfully from station to station however heres my problem......
I was flying a certain flight plan and made a note of the Vor frequencies as normal. I inputted the frequency into the nav 1 radio and as usual the DME showed how many miles I was from the station. However the needle on the Vor indicator did not respond as it usually does and I used the OBS to spin the dial, but still no responce. I decided to make a rough judgement by the flight planner map and fly in the direction of the vor and even really close the needle never responded.
Like I stated I am a novice, so has anyone got any idea of what might be doing wrong?

Regards

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

From what you wrote, it's correct. You may have hit on a mistake in the program or you are dialed into a TACAN station, localizer frequency or a (stand alone) DME transmitter. Tell me the ID of the station, freq. and approximate location and I'll take a look. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...