Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Join The Fun! Become a virtual ATC - IVAO

Airfly Guest

Hello all,

I know many are interested, but I suppose many don't apply, or give up on their way of becoming an air traffic controller. Well, this is due to change. We are creating an online ATC group based in Solent; controlling both -Bournemouth EGHH-BOH and Southampton EGHI-SOU in conjunction with IVAO.

This isn't only aimed at people with experience, but at everyone wanting to learn more about the world of ATC.

If you are interested please drop me a line:

airflyer@hotmail.co.uk

And we'll fix you in the system.

Cheers
Lucca M.

PS: Any questions are welcome!

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Are you talking about virtual ATC's or the real world ATC's?
What if a person is a newbie???

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

thats what I asked, I dont know the first thing about online ATC, but it sounds very interesting. As I have some time to spare at the moment I figured I might as well put it to use and go learn something new... 🙂

So I think Im gonna have a go at this, and see where how works.
If you join too, we'll be 2 newbies together Wink

Pro Member First Officer

ARD-DC wrote:

thats what I asked, I dont know the first thing about online ATC, but it sounds very interesting. As I have some time to spare at the moment I figured I might as well put it to use and go learn something new... 🙂

So I think Im gonna have a go at this, and see where how works.
If you join too, we'll be 2 newbies together Wink

Yeah i am interested in it...It will make me a better pilot in terms of the procedures and all....But I would work part time hmmm on saturdays and sundays.... 🙂

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

I spent all of last night on MSN / TS with Lucca getting the basics explained to me, it's a lot, but he's a good teacher. Wink
Drop him email on the address above, we may meet on TS later on ...🙂

Pro Member First Officer

ARD-DC wrote:

I spent all of last night on MSN / TS with Lucca getting the basics explained to me, it's a lot, but he's a good teacher. Wink
Drop him email on the address above, we may meet on TS later on ...🙂

yeps , thanz for the info ,I have dropped him a mail..And by the way what is this TS?

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

TS (TeamSpeak) (link) is a voice comm program - quite possibly the one most commonly used in gaming-world. You'll require it to communicate with ATC in multiplayer flight.

Windows Client can be downloaded >>here<<

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks.I had a word with Lucca and have downloaded all the required stuff

Airfly Guest

Hello guys,

I must say Ardjan is doing incredibly well! I hope's enjoying it aswell as I am. He'll be giving it his first go sometime this week hopefully, I'm sure he'll do fine.

Pankaj,

I hope you got the idea of IVAO and the whole ATC thing. IVAO's server was playing up yesterday and today, which unabled us to go any further with the training. However IVAO is back on track (I hope) so we can continue.

Good luck

Cheers
Lucca M.

murjax Guest

when should this be ready?

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

should what be ready?

murjax Guest

The ATC group Poke in Eye

Airfly Guest

The ATC group

Why? You thinking of joining?

murjax Guest

Maybe

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

it's already online, up and running, no need to Poke in Eye me.
Anyway, so far I am thoroughly enjoying myself.
Lots of learning, but there is fun in the challenge.

murjax Guest

Then what is the IP?