Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

frame rates

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I'm only getting 10 fps when my settings are on Minimal! 4.6 fps when its on medium and 1 fps when its on high. I think i should be getting alot more than that. What's going on?

ATI Radeon 1900XT 512MB
2.5 GB RAM
2.2 ghz AMD Athlon 64 3500+

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

mypilot wrote:

I'm only getting 10 fps when my settings are on Minimal! 4.6 fps when its on medium and 1 fps when its on high. I think i should be getting alot more than that. What's going on?

ATI Radeon 1900XT 512MB
2.5 GB RAM
2.2 ghz AMD Athlon 64 3500+

Autogen and traffic are the two biggest frame rate killers. Back those down and then experiment and then experiment with their settings to find an acceptable level.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

could it be the processor?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I get better frame rates on a P4 2.8, 512 MB (128 shared with an on board Intel gfx chip). I would think I should be getting worse than yours.

That said, only my mesh and scenery complexity settings are turned up. I have most other things at low or minimal.

I have my target at 16 FPS and am getting 16 FPS. At that rate, there is a very slight uneveness, but not annoying. For reasons I haven't explored, 16 FPS looks better in FSX than FS9.



Last edited by CrashGordon on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

lol, yeah, i noticed that the FPS meter (or what ever its called) is different than the one in FS9. I"m on the phone with microsoft support (been on hold for an hour)
maybe something hapenned on installation (which took 3 hours)

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Something is definitely wrong there. I was done transferring files from the DVD and the whole installation took about an hour.

Pro Member First Officer
UG_PL First Officer

set everything to max performance in you ATI control Panel.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

did that and it helped a little. Microsoft was very helpful, he had me turn anti-aliasing off and tried a couple other things, the anti-aliasing really helped the performance after it was off. Still dont get what i thought i would though. He said that it is meant to run on vista w/ DX10.

mcrizer Guest

How can I see what my frame rate is?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

mcrizer wrote:

How can I see what my frame rate is?

Hit Shift + Z twice. Wink

Pro Member First Officer
omgttfs First Officer

mypilot wrote:

. He said that it is meant to run on vista w/ DX10.

You should have asked him where he suggested that you buy a dx10 certified videocard from..........or for that matter, why he is the only person on the planet who thinks vista is a better gaming platform than xp.

........or "simming" platform, whatever. Wink

Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

Autogen and traffic are the two biggest frame rate killers. Back those down and then experiment and then experiment with their settings to find an acceptable level.

I could not possibly agree more. My computer specs are not too far off from the original poster, and have found that no matter what combination of settings I use, what features I disable, or what filtering options I try, the framerates are cut in about half by sparse-medium autogen, and low traffic settings. The upside of this, with traffic set at minimal, and autogen off, I can crank my graphics to ultra-high, and choose anisotopic filtering, anti-aliasing, advance animations, 20 FPS, 1280x 1024x32, with Global Texture Resolution maxed. Beautiful!

What I would haved liked to see in this version is a minimum framerate setting, say in my case 17 or 18, and a priority setting for autogen so that it would not force additional graphics during high demand periods. Anyway, it's just a dream.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

omgttfs wrote:

mypilot wrote:

. He said that it is meant to run on vista w/ DX10.

You should have asked him where he suggested that you buy a dx10 certified videocard from..........or for that matter, why he is the only person on the planet who thinks vista is a better gaming platform than xp.

........or "simming" platform, whatever. Wink

Do your homework.
The DirectX 10 cards are out (in limited numbers) and Vista with DirectX 10 is a better gaming platform especially in 64 bit.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Faucett Captain

True and true.

Cool

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1 You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Related Topics