Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Multiplayer Sessions!!!

Lawrenceh Guest

Can anyone get a log in for a multiplayer session. I have tried allsorts of user names and passwords and none work. Is anyone aware of any good multiplayer hosting sites that I could use instead?

saint4 Guest

Common sense would tell you to click the button that says create an account.

USE your brain man.

Another nonsense thread.

Lawrenceh Guest

Yep, first thing I tried, doesn't work for me. Says I'm using to many characters for the password. It has got to be a bug

saint4 Guest

AGAIN - common sense would tell you not to enter so many characters IF THATS WHAT IT IS SAYING

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

i've tried it also, no luck, there is a bug

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

saint4 wrote:

AGAIN - common sense would tell you not to enter so many characters IF THATS WHAT IT IS SAYING

AHA!!!!!

not 1 but 2 people say that it simple doesnt work.....

also i dont think that we should have to have an account for GAMESPY because ive got accounts for almost every other programs except gamespy and dont feel like onother pass......

saint4 Guest

JarJarBinks wrote:

saint4 wrote:

AHA!!!!!

also i dont think that we should have to have an account for GAMESPY because ive got accounts for almost every other programs except gamespy and dont feel like onother pass......

AHA what??

Dont have an account with Gamespy or wont create one, no multiplayer for you unless you setup your own ting and connect directly.

Whether you get anyone using it its different story.

There are hundreds of people online everyday, I created my account on the day i got the simulator. I have a bunch of british and and c ouple american dudes in my friends list.

I host a session on there from 4pm - 6am everyday, new people come on everyday and not one of them had or has a problem.

Its not just the same people, there is a bug with Gamespy, the fact that you get disconnected when you leave a session sometimes or end your host session. Sometimes you get disconnected mid flight but can continue within it.

Because 2 people or a for arguements sake a handful doesnt make it a bug, have they checked their tcp/ip settings because it doesnt always have to be the application that is buggy.

Gamespy is not microsoft.

AND to clarify, me and them hundreds of users would have had to have an account or signup for one.

saint4 Guest

Dont forget if you have a firewall allow the program for internet access and forward the ports if you have a router

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

saint4 wrote:

AHA!!!!!

So how come it worked for me?

TreoComp Guest

I also had that 16 caracter error and I changed my emailadress to a more friendly one and after that I could create the gamespy account

😉

Lawrenceh Guest

My firewall is not restricting access, think this is simply some sort of bug with registration. I agree that users should not be restricted to just one provider. If anyone knows any good hosts please foward them.