Instrument Panel ... Not displayed

Pro Member Trainee
RobZ Trainee

I just installed FS2004 on Windows XP/Home Edition. I can't see the instrument panel regardless of the display resolution I select. I just get a black section instead. Anyone knows why? I tested my DirectX 9.0b with dxdiag and all seems to work fine. I have 512MB RAM and a 128MB nvidia card. Any help really appreciated .... 😞

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

First of all: Are we talking about the original SIM or some Adon planes?

Second: You're talking about dx9.0. The original wants to install dx9.1b. I think, that this may be your problem, if you haven't installed 9.1b. The warning says, that things might not rung properly if you don't follow the installation through.

Pro Member Trainee
RobZ Trainee

Thanks for the reply abaris. Yes, it is the original SIM. I just found out from microsoft that this is a video card driver problem with nVidia cards specifically. Updating the driver is supposed to cure it. I'm surprised that the install didn't upgrade my DirectX 9.0b to 9.1. I'll get the upgrade after I update the nVidia driver. Thanks .... 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
jbatch Trainee

Hey RobZ,

I had the same problem. I found out that by shutting off the anti-alaising took care of it. I have the Radeon 9000 graphics card. I still get great graphics otherwise.

jbatch

Pro Member Trainee
RobZ Trainee

I didn't try that, it may have fixed it I suppose. However, I downloaded the new drivers for nVidia and now it works great. Thanks anyway ...

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Yes, it's an NVidia problem - its good to see the new drivers fixed your problem 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...