SearchSearch 

panel

how do you create pannels because i have a plane but it doesnt have any panels

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

how do you create panels because i have a plane but it doesn't have any panels

Use the Panel and Gauges SDK kit.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2798/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004-sdk-pack-all-kits/

WARNING- Unless you're really into computer programing, it's not easy. You are much better off finding a panel than making one.

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

crj capt, could you tell me which folder to put a downloaded panel into, ive got the planes themselves working but im a complete noob and dont wanna mess up the panels

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

biello wrote:

crj capt, could you tell me which folder to put a downloaded panel into, ive got the planes themselves working but im a complete noob and dont wanna mess up the panels

I'm not good with that sort of thing but I'm trying to learn. You would be best served by others that are experts. Greekman and many others are much better than I am, I'm sure an expert will check in soon.🙂

PS There should be a readme file that tells you what to do.

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

good point. this is my first flight sim, i got the urge buy one and grabbed it off ebay. its incredible, im actually waiting for a new graphics card to come in as well, so im still learning everything. i appreciate your help, ill check the readme files for sure

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

Short version: (sorry)

When you download a panel, there should be a folder contained in the archive you dowloaded named "panel".

Drop this folder (not the individual files, but the complete folderwith files in it) in the folder of your aircraft;
(for example C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\AirbusA320\)

In the sim, reload the A/C by either
A) going to Aircraft -> Select Aircraft menu, and when the menu comes up simply hit enter or
B) Assign a key(combo) to the "Reload Aircraft" function - mine is currently set to Ctrl+SHIFT+R - and press that.

....and voilá you have a panel.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

CRJCapt is quite correct it really is easier to find a panel and load that rather than trying to make one. But if you are interested there is a series of tutorials on how to do this at Flghtsim.com, i had a look myself but after reading the first couple of paragraphs decided it was just not worth it (for me that is).

As for installing:-

Unzip the panel of your choice to a temp folder, you should now have a folder "737-500 panel" or something like it.
Go to the aircraft you want to install this panel into and make a back up of the panel folder and keep somewhere safe.( ALWAYS BACK UP WHAT YOU REMOVE).

Now go back to your new panel folder and inside should be a panel folder and a gauges folder.
Move the panel folder to your chosen aircraft and when asked to overwrite click yes.
Now open the gauges folder and copy all inside to the main Flight Simulator Gauges folder,( sometimes it will ask if you want to replace current gauges, ensure that you only install newer gauges and not older ones. The dates will be displayed in this pop up screen.)

That really is about all there is to it, sometimes there may be an effects folder, if so, open and copy all to the main Flight Simulator effects folder.

I've only done this little aid because i have downloaded panels in the past where there were no install instructions in the "Read me" file.

I hope this helps!

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

excellent reply, but for some reason i am getting my aircraft and panel, but its all blck. where the glass should be is pitch black and i cant see anything but gauges, anyone have any ideas what im doing incorrectly?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Some old panels can have this effect because they were never updated properly. Try another panel, preferably one that's compatible.

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

biello wrote:

excellent reply, but for some reason i am getting my aircraft and panel, but its all blck. where the glass should be is pitch black and i cant see anything but gauges, anyone have any ideas what im doing incorrectly?

...could I have a look at that panel? Do you have a link to it?

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

well, ive deleted them. ive actually just upgraded my graphics card , so ive been playing with millitary aircraft, and havent been looking for many panels. must have just been the panels though cuz ive gotten a few others to work

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

ok maybe you experts can help me yet again. i just downloaded 737 digital panel off this site, ive got everything working gauges sounds and the panel, only the windshield is blacked out. i would love for someone to be able to figure out what im doing wrong cuz the standard panels stink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

biello wrote:

ok maybe you experts can help me yet again. i just downloaded 737 digital panel off this site, ive got everything working gauges sounds and the panel, only the windshield is blacked out. i would love for someone to be able to figure out what im doing wrong cuz the standard panels stink

Let me be blunt. Your problem might be that you're downloading from the wrong library.

Make the move to avsim.com, at least you get complete, working files most of the time and it's much easier to troubleshoot because they have a decent search engine with a ZipDive facility.

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

ill give it a shot. ive been dling from here and simviation. mostly simviation. though i am running 2002.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

biello wrote:

ill give it a shot. ive been dling from here and simviation. mostly simviation. though i am running 2002.

No problem. At avsim you can choose the FS2002 category so all your searches will only yield results pertaining to FS2002.

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

thanks tailhook, ive got 2004 as well. which seems to be running fine now that you and radarman helped me with my graphics card issues. avsim seems pretty cool, but much more difficult to navigate.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It only seems to be more difficult to navigate because you have more options. Once you get the hang of it, you'll never go back.

Just treat it as you would a new computer application and explore it one step at a time. 👍

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

tailhook, ive read the readme section over there, but i havent been able to isolate what im looking for. the file library search turns up to much junk it seems. any of those other sites in the sticky more ignorant user friendly?

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

here are all files containing "737" within the FS2002 - Panels category listed....
Now to find what you are looking for, you'll have to download them, install em and see if you like them. 🙂

If the link doesn't work, login to AVSIM first, then paste in your browser's address bar ➡ http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=737&CatID=fs2002pan

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

thank you. i gotta figure this site out for myself!

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

maybe you guys can help me figure out what im missing to isolate my searches on avsim. i cant get just one category i get panels repaints aircraft all mixed together, no matter how specific my search

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

biello wrote:

maybe you guys can help me figure out what im missing to isolate my searches on avsim. i cant get just one category i get panels repaints aircraft all mixed together, no matter how specific my search

I just re-read your thread and I don't know what your looking for.

Avsim, put the 2002 panel in the bottom search window and type the name of the type of panel you looking for in the top window.

2002 panel bottom then f-14 top.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

well the thread has evolved and gone a bit off topic lol. ive not been able to get panels for the jets working. ive downloaded a few off different sites ( here simviation ) and i can install them correctly with guages but the windows are always blacked out. i dont know what im doing wrong, and someone suggested i learn to use avsim, which is where we got sidetracked, just my trying to navigate that site. by the way ive been in a few help threads youve been in on and used alot of the adware cleaners and diagnostic programs, you really are helpful and know your computers bro