31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
NO
68%
 68%  [ 13 ]

Total Votes : 19

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Should people who smoke, drink and are overweight be givern free health care on the NHS?

Considering the TAX man earns around £8BILLION a year in VAT on cig's. That doesn't incuded larger or beer.

For more information click HERE

13 Responses

The answer is definately"YES",if not,what next, do you filter out people who are not "Blue Eyed Blondes"? This poll could have been made by someone else 70 years ago, eh ADOLF.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

No, I think people who smoke, drink or are overweight should get NHS treatment. They still pay national insurance just like everyone else.

Do i think people who go to accident & emergency departments with a cold because they can't be bothered to get a doctors appointment should be charged for any care they receive?

Yes

Do I think the tax earned from selling harmful products such as cigarettes should be put back into the NHS?

Yes

Do I think Alcohol (the cause for a large percentage of A&E visits across the country every weekend) should receive the same illegal status as other soft drugs (Alcohol is a drug as well, just like cannabis - cannabis notably doesn't generally cause fights and vandolism on a frequent basis and can be ingested harmlessly without smoking - just like alcohol) ?

Yes

Jamie4590 Guest

They already tried prohibition. It just fuels organized crime not to mention making beer more expensive. NOOooooo!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Should people who smoke, drink and are overweight be givern free health care on the NHS?

Considering the TAX man earns around £8BILLION a year in VAT on cig's. That doesn't incuded larger or beer.

For more information click HERE

Yes, the same as everybody else, unless the illness that requires treatment is a cause of excessive smoking and drinking. That illness is more than likely going to require treatment that costs more than they ever paid in tax.

Overweight people? If it isn't their fault, then no, they shouldn't be penalised. I mean it really isn't their fault, not that they couldn't say no to a tub of ice cream. They should be given a chance to lose weight and again, if their illness they need treatment for is a direct cause of being overweight, which they can't be bothered to rectify, then yes, they should pay extra.

My views 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Very interesting views so far.

Mine,

As I smoke and like the odd beer now and agin. If so for example I need a new pair of lungs then yes I completly agree. Why should someone who as donated the lungs to a person who won't give up smoking. That also applys to the liver as well. If I was a like George Best who had a big drinking problem.

Now if I had to go in for a knee or hip or any other sort of operation then why should I. If the operation wasn't directly effected by the above then why should I?

I pay more TAX than a person who doesn't drink or smoke. Why shouldn't I get the treatment that I would need to live.

If you look at it, it's a sort of blackmail. You can have your new knee/hip etc only if you give up smoking or dinking.

Nearly the same but isn't. What would happen for example, people gave up drinking, smoking & their cars. Where would the TAX man get his money from?[/quote]

Jamie4590 Guest

The NHS is a joke. There are waiting lists that go up to 4 years and the trust frowns upon Doctors who give their free time to bring the waiting lists down. Why, I don't know.

I broke my wrist once in the night and had to wait several hours for the xray dept to open at 9:30am!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Nearly the same but isn't. What would happen for example, people gave up drinking, smoking & their cars. Where would the TAX man get his money from?

Well yes. Thats the main point. Government makes a crap attempt to stop people smoking and drinking, although they know, that if they ban them both, they are committing political suicide for the amount of stealth tax they accumulate from them.

Thats as political as I'll go. Promise Yes

Jamie4590 Guest

Banning smoking in public places and tobacco advertising within sport is a positive move but introducing 24 hour licensing is madness. Many top brass within the police expressed their concerns but the goverenment ignored them. Why should they though when its not them on the front line.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

as anti-smoking as i am it would still be a great injustice to stop smokers from treatment. anyone who pays tax is entitled to it.

as for the type who do nothing but drink and smoke off their dole money needing treatment for headbutting a lamp post....

Pro Member Chief Captain

hinch wrote:

as for the type who do nothing but drink and smoke off their dole money needing treatment for headbutting a lamp post....

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Jamie4590 Guest

The money would be better spent making the lampposts headbutt proof!

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

or putting spikes on

*malicious*

((but funny))

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Health care should be free for everyone. It used to be free when we were still living in communities.

In these modern times when everything we do and think is controlled by governments, health care and schooling should also become the full responsibility of governments.