Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Some things to think about (i.e. Standard or Deluxe?)

Pro Member Trainee
Tyler Miller (millertime) Trainee

[edit - this declaration is false, link three threads below will help explain everything]

Well, both versions are the same except for the obvious aspects such as there are more aircraft, more detailed airports, etc.. in the deluxe version. I see alot of people waiting to get vista, and I know know much about vista, but I do know that Standard version only works with Windows XP, where as the Deluxe version will work with both XP and Vista (another way for microsoft to get more money out of you). SO, if your thinking about getting Vista, definatly get Deluxe, it will be worth it in the end.

[this on the other hand is true] the following

Also, I have one gig of ram, a 512mb ati radeon x800, 80 free gigs of space, and I am still unable to run the game with full graphics. Im not dissappointed, I just figured if you dont have at least 512mb or more of ram, either upgrade or dont bother. The game runs pretty slow on my pc. It can handle the high graphics, but the frame rate just sucks the big one, so I keep everything around medium/medium low with no car traffic, (car traffic slows things down believe it or not, that is if you have 100 percent on) and keep my aircraft graphics medium high to medium. I find those settings to let me fly smoothly enough.

Last edited by Tyler Miller (millertime) on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

Not sure I agree with that statement.........

I see alot of people waiting to get vista, and I know know much about vista, but I do know that Standard version only works with Windows XP, where as the Deluxe version will work with both XP and Vista (another way for microsoft to get more money out of you).

Microsoft list the minimum specs for standard and deluxe as working on both XPSP2 and Vista ➡ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925724/en-us?spid=11941

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

Yes where is the quote that says only deluxe works with Vista? I remember MS specifically saying when I was reading up on both versions, that both will be Vista Compatible and that neither are yet (more accurately, DX10) and that a patch will be required for both to use DX10 under Vista. Remember DX10 right now is a Vista exclusive technology meaning you won't be getting DX10 out of the gates on XP.

Pro Member Trainee
Tyler Miller (millertime) Trainee

sorry guys! i read each passage but overlooked the details about how both will be compatible in the third or so passage, im sorry. People said diff things in passages.

your right i shouldve included a link to the info i read

http://www.amazon.com/gp/discussionboard/discussion.html?ie=UTF8&cdForum=&cdPage=1&cdItems=3&asin=B000GCJ6MK&store=&cdThread=TxFN7267KMGUM5

and btw, i was just stating what my pc specs were and how it ran, i wasnt saying those things applied to everyone. And, after reading the thing at the website listed above i see that at the bottom someone had a similar situation to mine, with the good enough (above min specs if not more than better than min specs) memory and ram, where his still ran slow and whatnot.