Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Creating Scenery

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

Is this strictly a you need the SDK type thing or can anyone direct me to a site or thread anywhere that can get me pointed in the right direction for creating my own custom scenery. I know it's most likely complicated but I've created a lot of custom GMAX work for games like Neverwinter Nights and I think I can figure my way around file formats and scenery creation in FS.

Not sure if there is anything for FSX specifically yet but even just some links for FS9 and at least so I can start reading.

Thanks. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

jhausner wrote:

Is this strictly a you need the SDK type thing or can anyone direct me to a site or thread anywhere that can get me pointed in the right direction for creating my own custom scenery. I know it's most likely complicated but I've created a lot of custom GMAX work for games like Neverwinter Nights and I think I can figure my way around file formats and scenery creation in FS.

Not sure if there is anything for FSX specifically yet but even just some links for FS9 and at least so I can start reading.

Thanks. Smile

The only problems with the scenery design packages now available is that they are made for 2004 not FSX.
Check the SDK's on Disk #1 of the Deluxe version.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

Yah that's my problem. Sad None of the stores had or were able to get the Deluxe version where I live and ordering online means tacking on $50 more onto the price for shipping and cross boarder taxes so I have standard.

I hope MS releases the SDK at some point to everyone else or I'll just wait patiently for people to release some tools. Do you know any links for FS2004 site or tools though just so I can start reading up on things?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

jhausner wrote:

Yah that's my problem. Sad None of the stores had or were able to get the Deluxe version where I live and ordering online means tacking on $50 more onto the price for shipping and cross boarder taxes so I have standard.

I hope MS releases the SDK at some point to everyone else or I'll just wait patiently for people to release some tools. Do you know any links for FS2004 site or tools though just so I can start reading up on things?

Can't find FSX SDK"s for download yet.

Just this.
http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=FSX_KML

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

Thanks muchly!