SearchSearch 

Adding a new plane

Pro Member Trainee
khile Trainee

hi i want to add a fed ex or a ups plane to FSX how can i do this any help would be much appreciated

6 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The simplest way is to add a FS9 model with the paint job of your choice to the \fsx\simobjects\airplanes folder. Replace the panel and sound folders with those from a similar FSX model. You may also have to edit the aircraft.cfg if it doesn't display the panel.

It isn't perfect, but it works.

Pro Member Trainee
khile Trainee

is it possible someone could help me as i found a few easyjets over on http://www.avsim.com/ and i cant get them 2 install they say there for FSX but they don't show in list i made a copy of a folder from one of the folders and copied new files in so all gages and sounds should work but it wont show up, could someone pack it and zip it on here so i can see what im doing wrong

Thank You

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't see any easyjet in FSX aircraft. Can you identify them by file name?

Pro Member Trainee
khile Trainee

search for " Francois Reitz "

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

Make sure they aren't installing into the FSX folder under "Airplanes." I noticed many even if they say "FSX" on those web sites install into the wrong folder.

They need to be put into SimObjects/Airplanes not just Airplanes/

Only thing I can think of without looking at the file in question specifically.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Those are textures only for the default aircraft. For them to be displayed, the appropriate changes have to be made in the aircraft's aircraft.cfg.

I assume there is some type of readme or install text file that provides instructions???