Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Anybody Else Have This Problem?

Sindher Guest

When I First Got The Game, I Put It In And Followed The Steps And Setup Got To About 2 Blue Bar's Full And It Stopped And Gave Me This Message, But Now I Cant Get The Message Again, Because Every Time I Put The Disk In, Nothing Happens!

Nothing At All!

Could Anybody Help Me Please?

My Computer Specs:

2.01 GHz AMD Athlon Processor

1GB Of RAM

256 MB Nvidia GeForce Turbocache 6200SE

Sindher Guest

C'mon People, Help Me Out.

I Wanna Play This Game So Much!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Have you any idea what the error message said?
When you put the Disk One back in the drive now, does absolutely nothing happen?
If you go to My Computer, does the disk show up as being in the drive?
Is the DVD clean, i.e. no scratches?

Answer those, and it may aid someone when they help you. It could be that your lens in the DVD drive is dirty or the disk is scratched. If you were receiving an error message, it could be something else.

Sindher Guest

99jolegg wrote:

Have you any idea what the error message said?
When you put the Disk One back in the drive now, does absolutely nothing happen?
If you go to My Computer, does the disk show up as being in the drive?
Is the DVD clean, i.e. no scratches?

Answer those, and it may aid someone when they help you. It could be that your lens in the DVD drive is dirty or the disk is scratched. If you were receiving an error message, it could be something else.

Sorry, I Have No Idea What The Message Said, And When I Put Disk 1 In, Nothin Happens At All, When I Go To My Computer It Does Show The Disk Being In The Drive, But When I Go To Click On It, The Computer Stop's Responding, So I Cant Open It, And The DVD Is Clean, I Bought It Last Night. And The Lens In The DVD Drive Is Clean, I Cant Figure Out What The Problem Is, And I'm Gettin So Fustrated!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Delete Nero, restart your PC, and try installation again - it should work.

If it doesn't, delete Roxio as well, reboot, and install.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

After deleting nero and/or roxio, if autorun doesn't work, click on your DVD-ROM icon in My computer and then click on the installation program's icon.

Why are people so clueless about operating computers?

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Dont Know It doesn't interest some people. I only know or ask what I need to get by.

99% of people in the world use things that they haven't a clue how they work. I use microwaves, dishwashers, gaming systems, lamps, calculators etc etc. I don't know how any of them work specifically. You must be in the minority if you do. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

A very puzzling concept to me. I am very uncomfortable if I have to use something without knowing how it works.

I'm getting a wide-screen high definition TV this month and have put in hours of research, so I know what the hell I am doing.

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

A very puzzling concept to me. I am very uncomfortable if I have to use something without knowing how it works.

I'm getting a wide-screen high definition TV this month and have put in hours of research, so I know what the hell I am doing.

Oh yes, I'm not saying I don't want to learn how to do something. If I want to change RAM, video cards etc, then I'll find out. Same as if I want to use something, I'll learn how it works so I can use it, but I'll be damned if I know how the thing operates underneath, i.e. why when I push the button on the microwave, it miraculously works, and why when I set my dishwasher to a temperature, it knows to keep the water that temperature and it knows what cycle its at etc. Simply put, I don't care how it works insofar as I have done my part, now I let it do its part, so I don't learn about it.

I'm sure others are the same 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I agree with Jon and I think most people feel the same way. Sometimes though, I'm curious about the workings of different items. For those with an inquisitive mind, I offer the following site:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/

Pro Member Chief Captain

But you know which button to push or dial to turn. 😂

[RANT_ON] Sad to say, but each generation seems to get less independent and more inclined to ask rather than figure it out on their own. That's why folks are constantly on their cell phones or Blackberries. They are in mortal fear of being alone and on their own. [RANT_OFF]

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

Insert your Windows XP Disk, Restart PC, When pc restarts it will say "Booting from windows xp cd, Press any key" press space bar. Follow the instructions and that will delete your error message 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain

dannyboy2005 wrote:

Insert your Windows XP Disk, Restart PC, When pc restarts it will say "Booting from windows xp cd, Press any key" press space bar. Follow the instructions and that will delete your error message 😎

Edit out a quote by Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

Crash, Just for you, To keep the piece, I'll delete the "SAY NO TO ISLAM" Bit. Must admit, It is kida funny.

Some fool may fall for that comment

And as for the code. :S My sig dosn't work. Its correctly set up but not showing in the flyaway forums.

_RegArdS_

Pro Member Chief Captain

dannyboy2005 wrote:

Crash, Just for you, To keep the piece, I'll delete the "SAY NO TO ISLAM" Bit. Must admit, It is kida funny.

Some fool may fall for that comment

And as for the code. :S My sig dosn't work. Its correctly set up but not showing in the flyaway forums.

_RegArdS_

Well, doing that will probably keep the "peace". 😉

I didn't find the comment terribly bad. I just happen to think that any person or group who think their's is the only right way to believe, think, vote, feel; will feel the wrath of others who feel their's is the only right way to believe, think, vote, feel. 🙄 😂

Sindher Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

After deleting nero and/or roxio, if autorun doesn't work, click on your DVD-ROM icon in My computer and then click on the installation program's icon.

I Dont Have Nero Or Roxio

And I Am Not Clue Less When It Come's To Operating Computers.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go into my computer like he said, click on the drive that has the DVD and click on install, see what the message is.

Radar

Sindher Guest

I Cant Do That Either, Coz When I Right Click On The Drive, My Comp Just Freeze's

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sindher wrote:

I Cant Do That Either, Coz When I Right Click On The Drive, My Comp Just Freeze's

It shouldn't do that, you also have computer problems.
Reboot and see what happens.

Radar

Sindher Guest

When I Put A Different Game In And Right Click It, It Works Perfectly

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try it in safe mode.

I use the second XP way.

http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

Radar

Sindher Guest

Okay Mate, I'll Try It That Way

Sindher Guest

Well Mate, I Tried It That Way And..................No Luck 😞 😞 😞

Look's Like I'm Just Gonna Have To Return It.

Thx For The Help Anyways Mate

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sindher wrote:

Well Mate, I Tried It That Way And..................No Luck 😞 😞 😞

Look's Like I'm Just Gonna Have To Return It.

Thx For The Help Anyways Mate

Are you sure you have a DVD drive, if you don't have burner software it's strange.

Radar

Sindher Guest

Yeh, The Drive On The Front Of It Has

DVD-ROM

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sindher wrote:

Yeh, The Drive On The Front Of It Has

DVD-ROM

Now would some of you experts be so kind and jog my memory... Isn't there a difference between a DVD-Rom and a DVD-Burner?

I know, I know, ROM stands for Read Only Memory. But, isn't it possible that a DVD-ROM lacks the speed of reading the media required that a DVD-Burner is capable of?

Remember the difference between CD-ROMs and CD-Burners?

Last edited by Tailhook on Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I think that if the difference would be that we had old CD roms and new cd burners. At least that's the way it was for me. I don't beleive there is a significant difference between my DVD rom and my DVD burner and I think they both read faster than my hard drive can write.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You've managed to allay my concerns which I much appreciate. One more possible problem can therefore be banished from my restless contemplations.

Thank you 👍

I have the same problem. i have tried the safe mode way. i have a pretty new computer (like 2 months old) and i get the same problem. i put the cd in (FSX disk 1 and i have tried putting disk 2 in first) and windows freezes. i can keep on running other programs like mozilla and surf on the web, but if i try to push some icons or open my computer then windows crashes and i have to restart the computer. and yes. i can not open the cd-room after i have put the cd in it. i have to open it when the computer is restarting or else it will fail again. i am going to try to have the disk in like 1 hour or so and see if it is just taking so long to think (i have a 1 GB of ram) and see if that works and change the cd room if it dose not work. but please if somebody has some clue about fixing this, then e-mail me at emilmare@hotmail.com or post here.

my computer is

3.2 ghz

RADEON x700 series, memory size 256 mb

and 1 gb ram

i have the post above and i tested the "will my computer run fsx"

and these are my results

Processor Intel Pentium 4 3192MHz
Display Card ATI RADEON X700 Series
Memory 1024MB
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
Free Disk Space 115.65GB
Display Card Memory 256MB
Display Driver Version 6.14.10.6635
DirectX Version 9.0c
Optical Drive DVD
Sound Card SoundMAX HD Audio

Your system is among the top 6% of all systems scanned by the Game Advisor.

Jamie4590 Guest

You could try right clicking the icon on the desktop and tinker with the compatibility mode. Or close some of the DirectX features in sequence.

what icon ? this happens when i try to install it on my pc, right after I put the cd into the drive.

Pro Member Trainee
starnut Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

Crash: Hope you don't take this the wrong way. Most of us were not given a PC when we were 8 or 9 years old and did not receive any computer training at all in school. I know it's tough for you to beleive, but the vast majority of the population have no clue how to operate a PC to it's capacity. I'm 55 and never touched a computer till 7 years ago, and there are a lot of us out here that have absolutely no training and have been self taught the little knowledge we do have. My guess is you have been around PC's the vast majority of your life and started at a very young age. Give us old farts a break. You will one day be there and will not know everything about the technology thats out there 50 years from now. We are fortunate to have folks like you out there that can share your knowledge with us, if it's not too much to ask............ 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I am so lucky!

Please read on:

I'd pre-ordered FSX Deluxe to have it mailed to me from somewhere ASAP. But... they were messing me around, so I cancelled the order.

Next day I went downtown and bought a copy off the shelf. Took it home and got ready to install it.

Now I have this quaint habit of reading instructions before I jump off the deep end.
Oh yes, why was I lucky?
Inside my FSX Deluxe box was a little pamphlet entitlet 'Insider Information'. And being the fool that I am, I actually opened it and started reading. Guess what? On page two (2) is a little 'Installation' chapter. Believe it or not, I even read that.

So this is what happened. I inserted disc 1 and waited... nothing happened even though I have 'autorun' or 'autostart' enabled.
But this did not surprise me because I had read the Installation instructions.

Now, I have read this whole thread (3 pages) four times and I'm absolutely sure that no-one has suggested the obvious.

The obvious in my mind is to first follow the published instructions before trying different approaches.

It worked for me, first time, no problem, still have fs9 installed as well, did not uninstall Nero.

The blind leading the blind, just like in biblical times.

Anyway, my offer is to anyone who didn't get this little "Insider Information" pamphlet, let me know and I'll type out the part of the Installation Instructions on page two (2) of that pamphlet. 😁

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Anyway, my offer is to anyone who didn't get this little "Insider Information" pamphlet, let me know and I'll type out the part of the Installation Instructions on page two (2) of that pamphlet. 😁

What... no takers?

And I thought we were struggling with an insurmountable problem. Tongue Twist

Tailhook please put it on the pages. it would save me.

simon1 Guest

Surely the story doesn't end here. I was just getting interested.