Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Heading Indicater

Joe D Guest

Hi,

On the Cessna I cannot find any where to type in the heading when I am using AP. I have got to grips with the ILS approach, One more thing when the tower tells you to land on runway 09 if you have 4 to 5 runways on your map how do you know whick one is 09.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Joe D wrote:

Hi,

On the Cessna I cannot find any where to type in the heading when I am using AP. I have got to grips with the ILS approach, One more thing when the tower tells you to land on runway 09 if you have 4 to 5 runways on your map how do you know which one is 09.

Runways are numbered according to their magnetic direction(rounded off to the nearest 10 degrees). Runway 9 would have a direction of approximately 090 degrees. Runway 32-320 degrees and runway 1-10 degrees. Use your magnetic heading to judge which runway you're viewing. As you get closer, each runway has large numbers at each end.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runway

The easiest way to change your headings value is to use your mouse to turn the heading select knob, which sets the heading bug, on the lower RH side of the heading indicator. 🙂

Joe D Guest

Thank's mate for that information.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

👍