back

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

i am back from my holiday 😀
i went from gatwick to Dalaman in turkey. Firstly, Turkey is a nice place if you don't mind touchy feely shop keepers who will sometimes phisically drag you into their shops. You have to be prepared for it but it is all good natured. Another, MyTravel Airways is quite possibly the slowest most incompetent airline the world has ever seen. Outbound we had a 3 and a half hour delay without an apology and inbound we had a 1 and a half hour delay. I fond the stewardess' rude calling passengers "darlin" and stuff. They are incompetent giving out food and generally are s**t. I know for sure it was the airline and not the airport because leaving turkey there were 3 other airlines departing for gatwick and they all left on time and one even early. The aircraft themselves (A320) was crap inside and you could lift off the seat cushions off the velcro seats. There were these pointless flip-down tv's the size of a match box. I hate them.
anyway, just thught i would rant for a bit and that was the only bad bit about my holiday the rest was great!
cheers

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

lenin wrote:

i am back from my holiday 😀
i went from gatwick to Dalaman in turkey.

Very nice! 😀

lenin wrote:

I know for sure it was the airline and not the airport because leaving turkey there were 3 other airlines departing for gatwick and they all left on time and one even early.

It usually isnt the airlines fault for delays. Its possible that there may have been a technical fault with the aircraft, and when they got it fixed the airline missed their takeoff slot and had to wait a while to get booked in for another one, this can cause long delays, the busier an airport the longer.

lenin wrote:

The aircraft themselves (A320) was crap inside and you could lift off the seat cushions off the velcro seats.

There is a reason for this. The seat cushions are used as floatation devices in the event of a water landing. All commericial aircraft will have detachable seat cushions that float of water. Its a safety requirement and I'd be more worried if the cushion didnt come off the seat 😀

lenin wrote:

There were these pointless flip-down tv's the size of a match box. I hate them.

I dont like them either lol. I prefer the ones on the back of the seat in front of you but they arent on all planes

Great to hear you had a good holiday and welcome back to FAS

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Welcome back 🍻

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Welcome Back 😉

Did you happen to take any pictures in Turkey? 😎

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

yeah i have lots of pictures but most of them have me in them or my family. The scenery is very nice in turkey and there is lots of mountains. There was this one place we went to called Turunc. We took a boat there and then a Dolmus back. Dolmus' are these little minibusses with mental drivers who drive from one place to the other. If you can imagine struggling up hills in a minibus from the 60's, decorated inside with beads and crap like that and then bombing down the other side. Pretty scary considering there are hair-pin turns everywhere. But it was really nice. The airlines excuse for being delayed both times was that there was a staff shortage. And, considering the flight back to the UK was the last flight back (end of season) and when the plane flew out to us it had no-one on. All i can say is that try to avoid travelling with MYTravel Airways as they are incompetent and rude.

its me liam Guest

when we went to lanzarote back in 2003 my travel were fanastic they would do anything to help you (by the was most airlines call people darling etcetc)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...