SearchSearch 

wheres the airport?

Guest Guest

hey,have been playing fsx the last few days and only noticed something now.was about to take off in kennedy intl and noticed..there was no airport.there was runways and taxiways and a/c but no buildings.prob a stupid question.tried a few diff settings but i find the best for me is usually medium low everything, get an fps of about 12 on ground and 18 in the air.using a 2.9 ghz celeron( 🙄 i know i know) and 256mb nvidia 6600le.with 1.2 GB ram

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

You have to turn up the scenery complexity in settings. Foillow the customize button.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

hey,have been playing fsx the last few days and only noticed something now.was about to take off in kennedy intl and noticed..there was no airport.there was runways and taxiways and a/c but no buildings.prob a stupid question.tried a few diff settings but i find the best for me is usually medium low everything, get an fps of about 12 on ground and 18 in the air.using a 2.9 ghz celeron( 🙄 i know i know) and 256mb nvidia 6600le.with 1.2 GB ram

From what I've been able to find regarding your GFX card, it seems to be a budget card and so is your Celeron processor. Looking at 1.2 GB of RAM seems to indicate that you have a brand computer that uses the few resources available for all kinds of programs that are absolutely not necessary.

You could try to tweak and tweak and tweak and possibly achieve an improvement. Or else - your PC just isn't up to the task.

I hope I'm wrong.

Guest Guest

thanx for the info.i set that to normal and that fixed that 🙂 and im currently saving to get a better rig.i bought the 1gb ram to hopefully improve performace as the comp only came with 256mb.cant wait to rid of this celeron.the 6600le was the best i could buy with the money i had when i bought it a few months ago.should i wait to get a dx10 card?