Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Activation Message From MS.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3811/

Radar

19 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You'd think they'd have the good sense to include this information in the box when we buy the sim.

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

You'd think they'd have the good sense to include this information in the box when we buy the sim.

Sense+Microsoft=To good to be true!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Murfi wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

Sense+Microsoft=To good to be true!

And here am I being accused of being sarcastic 😳

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

My turn to be sarcastic. 🙄

Microsoft made several mistakes.

1. They assumed no one lived in a vacuum, and were thus, unaware of the activation procedure that has been used on other MS software since the advent of Windows XP.

2. They assumed that the people installing the program would/could read the on screen instructions presented to them during installation.

That said, a simple printed page in monosyllabic words explaining the activation process, would have cleared these forums of a lot of clutter. Maybe they couldn't think of a monosyllabic word meaning activation. 🙄 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

And now for the conspiracy theory.

It's all a marketing ploy by Microsoft. The more posts on the web re FSX the more publicity. Never mind that 99% of those posts are utter rubbish.
Prospective customers (kiddies) are drawn to this incredible new game like ants to honey.
To package the product in plain boxes with manuals that are actually useful would do nothing but turn away those prospective customers. 😁

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

And now for the conspiracy theory.

It's all a marketing ploy by Microsoft. The more posts on the web re FSX the more publicity. Never mind that 99% of those posts are utter rubbish.
Prospective customers (kiddies) are drawn to this incredible new game like ants to honey.
To package the product in plain boxes with manuals that are actually useful would do nothing but turn away those prospective customers. 😁

Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down Bow Down
Not a conspiracy, but a marketing strategy. MS is now dependent on something Bill Gates claimed to hate. Lowest Common Denominator Computing. Sorry, I can't make that monosyllabic so the intended audience won't have a clue.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

[ Lowest Common denominator computing. Sorry, I can't make that monosyllabic so the intended audience won't have a clue.

Maybe this will help: LOW3ST COMON D3NOMINA2R COMPUTNG...?

Not exactly monosyllabic but at least trying to keep up with the trends. Geek

Pro Member Chief Captain

You have to add a few lol and wtf for them to fully understand. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

You have to add a few lol and wtf for them to fully understand. 😂

Damn... why do I keep forgetting those Wall Bashing

lol

Pro Member Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/g/grumpyoldmen_999031010.shtml

Thought of applying? 🙂)

Too much of a commute, for me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

99jolegg wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/g/grumpyoldmen_999031010.shtml

Thought of applying? 🙂)

Too much of a commute, for me.

Try this instead: http://www.grumpieroldmen.co.uk/forum/phpBB210/index.php 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Get ready gents, besides Vista having a complex activation (anti-piracy) system Office will have it also ( read that yesterday).

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have Office 2000 and can't think of any reason to change. I also have Outlook 2003 and might consider upgrading if the new version has substantially better antispam features. Otherwise, I won't bother.

Back in the days of DOS and CPM, you had to be computer literate. Then came Windows and the Mac. You could now, not only be computer illiterate, but functionally illiterate as well. After all, to do things, all you had to do was point at the pretty picture and click.

It comes as no surprise that people can't follow instructions. It comes as no surprise that people doen't create restore points, or at least back up their registry prior to installing anything. So when something goes wrong, they are forced to read, and guess what? 😂

[quote="Murfi]
Sense+Microsoft=To good to be true![/quote]

HAHAHAHA lets not burn Microsoft yet although I agree with your equation.... But read this quote from their FAQ page on FSX Activation:
"Q4: How many times can I activate the product?
A4: You can activate games for Windows two times. Removing and then reinstalling the game will not affect the game activation quota as long as you have not changed any hardware components on the computer."

So.... no worries if you re-install it on the same PC every time.
Maybe Microsoft is not as dreadful as u think it is 😀 😀 lol......

Here's my concern too... I'll be upgrading my PC and will be reformatting the hard drive. Would I be able to activate FSX even if I'm way past the 2x limit? My other concern is, what if I don't have internet access at home? Calling MS tech support is not an option too since overseas call rates are expensive.

This activation key thing really sucks bigtime, it's an inconvenience.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Not confirmed yet but i think yes.Of course trying it will confirm it or not 😕
MS has supplements in many countries.Serach if there is one to yours.

I have a quick question to ask:

I have an un-activated copy of FSX installed on my computer. I am trying to get the best combination of performance and good graphics with this software, before I activate.

However, when I do activate my copy, and then upgrade my PC by changing my video card, will I have to re-activate the software again?

I am considering the possibility of upgrading my video card sometime next year that supports Direct X10, but don’t want to have to activate again, and use up my two chances. Thank you.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

It reminds me of the TV ads "FREE - you just pay....."