SearchSearch 

REWARDS....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

hello everyone...just a quick um.... question i guess... anyway what rewards have you earned so far?.....

as for me I have earned the Following....

Spot Landing
Landings At Ten Airports
Stunt Pilot Of The Year
First Landing
25 Landings
Steel Rotors
10 Total Hours
But Ticket Home
Celebrity Autograph
Layover In Paradise

well thats it for me......also keep in mind I dont get alot of time to fly the simulator im pretty busy.

but anyway Id like to know what everyone else has earned....

35 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Oh god it is a game now...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Oh god it is a game now...

what of course its a game.....did you think it was a Reality show?

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Oh god it is a game now...

the ones who view flight simulator as a game and use it as one should be able do so without having to hear your whining.. period.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

SeanGa wrote:

Solotwo wrote:

Oh god it is a game now...

the ones who view flight simulator as a game and use it as one should be able do so without having to hear your whining.. period.

The ones who use it as a game can do so without our help. I just wish there were a way to identify all of them.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Wall Bashing Not again!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

.......... THE WAR BEGINS!!!!!

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

SeanGa wrote:

Solotwo wrote:

Oh god it is a game now...

the ones who view flight simulator as a game and use it as one should be able do so without having to hear your whining.. period.

The ones who use it as a game can do so without our help. I just wish there were a way to identify all of them.

just don't help them then.. my point is that there's no need to start bitching

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Haha, sarcasim rocks.

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

I just completed the Tokyo mission and it was a lot of fun. Being a novice flight simmer, holding the mission to the end was a good learning experience. Not going to ruin it with a spoiler but if you haven't had a chance to fly it, give it a try.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I can guess two thinks...The one is that we forgot that we all were children once and the second is that we probably were children but we never figure it out...
For older members i can understand it because in their ages childhood stops sooner due to hard circumstances...but the youngers...?

When you first gifted a remote car you try to drive it according to the rules of the traffic police???

I start boring from this Ridiculous argument about is it or not a game. Puke Up
Everybody has its own view about FS.You cant change it as you cant change your view. ❗

Gamers or Simmers has a common purpose by using FS...Enjoyment...The way everybody enjoys its not only one and its a personal choice... 😉

My opinion 😉

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

Technically the argument is moot which is why I tend to avoid sim related forums not just Flight Sim ones because people take it so personally. A game is any activity that is not real and results in pleasure and or enjoyment. Everyone here, even real pilots, wouldn't post here, work on scenery, purchase new planes, fly to practice real world things, if they didn't find some enjoyment and since this isn't reality, it's a game.

People unfortunately fear too often that if they call something like this a game then they are no different than the 13 year old World of Warcrafter that talks in l33t speak and to his or her friends about "pwning noobs" this week in Battle Grounds. I can understand not wanting to be associated with that, but at the same time, and purhaps being a long time gamer, I can see enjoyment be it running around head shotting someone in Unreal Tournement, designing new levels and joining an avid Role Playing community in Neverwinter Nights, or studying terminology on Wikipedia and in manuals I can find online to understand what a simulated air traffic controller is telling me when he says "VFR", I don't understand why some people insist on adding drama where it need not be.

Regardless, I am not here to convince anyone to think like me, but simply to offer up an opinion as to why topics regarding is this a game or not are moot because are we not all here to enjoy Flight Simulation however we want to?

Don't label everyone that thinks this a game as being a 10 year old you want nothing to do with or that me being a successful business owner nearing age 30, am a child because I see this ultimately as a game. Smile

And with that, I agree with Greekman72.

I'll also point out that if you don't fly the included missions, you're really missing out. They are a lot of fun, at least to me. 😎 And besides, adding that aspect to FSX is a marketing decision to sell more units and thus yield more revenue and allow for more development than would normally be possible if the same FS2004ers were the only ones buying it.

Sometimes letting a few kids in for the benefit of future support and expansion, is a necessary evil yielding a greater good. But then again I'm an optimist.

Don't expect me to talk about this subject specifically again but those of you that know me as the newbie to these forums, now knows my stance on the subject for future reference.

Happy simming. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

jhausner wrote:

Don't label everyone that thinks this a game as being a 10 year old you want nothing to do with or that me being a successful business owner nearing age 30, am a child because I see this ultimately as a game. Smile
Happy simming. Wink

PRECISLY!!!!

I think this is a game and im 14......ive seen quite alot of stereotypers on this site but i cant say im fond of them....... but yes this is a game......

but anyway i see ive started an......how can i say it?......"arguement"....once again......

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

To be technically accurate, FS is neither a simulator, nor a game. It is software.

How one chooses to use it determines if the use is as a simulator or game. The problem in forums like this, is that those who use it as a simulator have a completely different purpose than those who use it as a game.

If fly from KLAX to KPHX, I try to do it as accurately and uneventfully as I possibly can. The way I use FS would leave the gamers so bored they would pull their hair out.

Do I practice landing in cross winds? Certainly. Do I try to avoid having to land in a cross wind? Absolutely.

Do I enjoy what I do? Certainly. Otherwise, I wouldn't do it. Do I consider it to be fun? Absolutely not. It isn't fun, cool, kool, or kewl.

I may use the same software, but I am clearly not doing the same things that those who consider it to be a game, are doing.

Some of the missions in FSX might have some value, but I doubt I'd ever try them, and I certainly wouldn't be interested in the awards.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

To be technically accurate, FS is neither a simulator, nor a game. It is software.

How one chooses to use it determines if the use is as a simulator or game. The problem in forums like this, is that those who use it as a simulator have a completely different purpose than those who use it as a game.

If fly from KLAX to KPHX, I try to do it as accurately and uneventfully as I possibly can. The way I use FS would leave the gamers so bored they would pull their hair out.

Do I practice landing in cross winds? Certainly. Do I try to avoid having to land in a cross wind? Absolutely.

Do I enjoy what I do? Certainly. Otherwise, I wouldn't do it. Do I consider it to be fun? Absolutely not. It isn't fun, cool, kool, or kewl.

I may use the same software, but I am clearly not doing the same things that those who consider it to be a game, are doing.

Some of the missions in FSX might have some value, but I doubt I'd ever try them, and I certainly wouldn't be interested in the awards.

couldn`t have said it better myself, well put crash

Guest Guest

CrashGordon wrote:

To be technically accurate, FS is neither a simulator, nor a game. It is software.

How one chooses to use it determines if the use is as a simulator or game. The problem in forums like this, is that those who use it as a simulator have a completely different purpose than those who use it as a game.

If fly from KLAX to KPHX, I try to do it as accurately and uneventfully as I possibly can. The way I use FS would leave the gamers so bored they would pull their hair out.

Do I practice landing in cross winds? Certainly. Do I try to avoid having to land in a cross wind? Absolutely.

Do I enjoy what I do? Certainly. Otherwise, I wouldn't do it. Do I consider it to be fun? Absolutely not. It isn't fun, cool, kool, or kewl.

I may use the same software, but I am clearly not doing the same things that those who consider it to be a game, are doing.

Some of the missions in FSX might have some value, but I doubt I'd ever try them, and I certainly wouldn't be interested in the awards.

Intresting distinction made between between 'Enjoying' somthing and 'fun'! I take it you think 'Fun' is bad!

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

You obviously didn't notice his avatar

😂 😎

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

How many more of these 'Its a game!....No it's not!" posts must we have to suffer.

Who cares? use it how you want. Personally I use it as a simulator, but I understand others use it as a game and I fully see their attraction to the missions etc.

What would be the point of me pointing the finger and hurling abuse at somebody just because they don't use FS in the same why I do?

Would you start an argument with somebody because they were a lefty and you weren't? 🙄

I wish people would just respect each other's individual views.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

Microsoft Flight Simulator "all of them" are quote unquote Both....

they are simulators and games

NOW END IT!!!!

IM TIRED OF ALL THIS FUSSING!!!

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

JarJarBinks wrote:

Microsoft Flight Simulator "all of them" are quote unquote Both....

they are simulators and games

NOW END IT!!!!

IM TIRED OF ALL THIS FUSSING!!!

Funny thing though, it's only tryhard wannabe pilots that have a problem with labels. I surely never heard a real pilot object to it being classified a game.
I don't care if it's called a sim or a game. Care factor, nil.
The only thing I object to is being made out to be some sort of lower class citizen because I don't don a Captains uniform and cap before each mission or roll over and play dead if I crash.
No one here knows me (or other members for that matter), I'm 36, a CAD operator, I've served in the British Army and in the civilian Police, I have 2 wonderful boys and I've been married for 14 years. For some Censored like Crash to judge me based on my classification of FS is quite offensive, not to mention Censored . I'm sure others find it just as offensive. I find it hard to believe that this kind of shizzle goes unchecked by the moderators. I've only been here a couple of weeks and this kind of junk doesn't make it a pleasent place to visit. If you do want the site to lose all the new members and slowly die a death, keep going with this annoying crap about "it's not a game" Crash. It's what ever the hell I want it to be.

PS. Crash, you're a gamer, you're just in denial.

Censored By Radar
If you want to resort to name calling and language not meant for the 12 year olds on this site take it to the PM's.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

omgttfs wrote:

I've only been here a couple of weeks and this kind of junk doesn't make it a pleasent place to visit.

You sir are the only thing that makes this place unpleasant to visit. Yes

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Then stop hurling that epithet at me. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

Intresting distinction made between between 'Enjoying' somthing and 'fun'! I take it you think 'Fun' is bad!

I don't think fun is bad. It just isn't what I am having while flying in FS.

I enjoy listening to good music. But, I don't consider it fun.

I enjoy good food. don't consider it fun, either.

Now, enjoying a good beer, might lead to fun, but we won't discuss that. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

Faucett wrote:

omgttfs wrote:

I've only been here a couple of weeks and this kind of junk doesn't make it a pleasent place to visit.

You sir are the only thing that makes this place unpleasant to visit. Yes

😎

🙄 Another tryhard pilot wannabe by chance? LOL.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

omgttfs wrote:

Faucett wrote:

omgttfs wrote:

I've only been here a couple of weeks and this kind of junk doesn't make it a pleasent place to visit.

You sir are the only thing that makes this place unpleasant to visit. Yes

😎

🙄 Another tryhard pilot wannabe by chance? LOL.

Hello Censored .

Censored By Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

omgttfs wrote:

I find it hard to believe that this kind of shizzle goes unchecked by the moderators.

This is exactly what makes this site so special. The term Moderator takes on a completely new meaning here at Flyaway.

Think about ancient Rome. Did Caesar ever moderate? No. Those who dared to criticize him were either gagged or put to death.

His demise as we know was caused by the princelings and protégés he had so foolishly nurtured.
The rest is history. History that seems to be repeating itself eternally.

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

en·joy (ĕn-joi')

v., -joyed, -joy·ing, -joys.

v.tr.
To receive pleasure or satisfaction from.
To have the use or benefit of: enjoys good health.

fun (fŭn)
n.
A source of enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure.
Enjoyment; amusement: have fun at the beach.
Playful, often noisy, activity.
intr.v. Informal., funned, fun·ning, funs.
To behave playfully; joke.

ar·ro·gant (ăr'ə-gənt)
adj.
Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others:.

A dictionary should be your very next purchase.

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

Hello Censored .

Funny, you can call me a " Censored ".
I can't call a Censored a " Censored ".

I'm starting to see how this place works Baby .

Censored By Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

omgttfs wrote:

fun (fŭn)
n.
A source of enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure.
Enjoyment; amusement: have fun at the beach.
Playful, often noisy, activity.
intr.v. Informal., funned, fun·ning, funs.
To behave playfully; joke.

If I were having a martini while flying, some of that might apply. If I was buzzing buildings or control towers, it might be playful. It isn't noisy because I don't have the sound set too high. I'm not splashing in the water or joking. You might want to try a different dictionary.

By the way, I appreciate the fact that your last post is unlikely to cause us to throw things at each other.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

omgttfs wrote:

Hello T Censored .

Funny, you can call me a " Censored ".
I can't call a fool a " Censored ".

I'm starting to see how this place works Baby .

You're not a Censored and I'm not a Censored . We have a major difference in opinion in how we define a certain activity, and we go to great lengths to champion our own causes.

Censored By Radar

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

You're not a Censored and I'm not a Censored . We have a major difference in opinion in how we define a certain activity, and we go to great lengths to champion our own causes.

You've totally missed my point. I don't care if you call it a sim.
That's the difference!

let's face it, throwing things at each other is only going to damage our monitors 😉

Censored By Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

omgttfs wrote:

Hello T Censored .

Funny, you can call me a "t Censored ".
I can't call a fool a " Censored ".

I'm starting to see how this place works Baby .

And yet you did just call me a Censored . It is funny how this place works, isn't it?

😎

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

Actually, no I didn't, I was refering to the censorship of one of my posts. But you know what they say about the cap 😂 .

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Its what happens when you try to get personal with your argument, I'm guessing 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Okay, you can call it a game, but don't call me a gamer. It will save the monitors. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Locked.

Contrary to popular belief im not here 24/7.
When I do come I don't care to censor posts.
As I said before take it to the PM's.
From now on I'm no longer going to censor either one of your posts, I'll just delete them. It's faster and easier.
If this doesn't appeal to you notify Flyaway and let him "read me out" for taking "liberties" with moding "powers".

Radar

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions