Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Error, please help

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

The game runs fine, a little choppy in some more densely scenic areas, but farely smooth nevertheless.

My problem lies with the multiplayer. I signed up, logged in, and have flown online a few times now. It is a lot of fun and i love to do it. However, it's a rare occurance that I actually get into a server because it always is telling me "You have lost the connection with GameSpy" within seconds of signing in. And even when i get in and am able to stay on with gamespy, I can't seem to host a server or play as an air-traffic controller, which I am dying to try. It always gives me that message as soon as i start the game.

I have checked and double-checked my firewall settings and that does not appear to be the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Cool

By the way, that virus problem I was having didnt get any better.. so i turned to a last resort and did a complete system restore. I lost a lot of stuff.. but my machine runs like it's factory new again. My words of advice.. DON'T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING THAT HAS THE NAME "CODEC".. it is the codec virus and will destroy your computer's performance. It appears as "pmmon.exe" or "pmsngr.exe" in your system processes ..or, like in my case, both will show up. Be warned! Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

pilotguy44 wrote:

By the way, that virus problem I was having didnt get any better.. so i turned to a last resort and did a complete system restore. I lost a lot of stuff.. but my machine runs like it's factory new again. My words of advice.. DON'T DOWNLOAD ANYTHING THAT HAS THE NAME "CODEC".. it is the codec virus and will destroy your computer's performance. It appears as "pmmon.exe" or "pmsngr.exe" in your system processes ..or, like in my case, both will show up. Be warned! Exclamation

A System Restore won't get rid of any of your viruses.

As to your advice not to download anything that has the name CODEC is utter nonsense. If you took the time to find out what 'Codec' means, you'd understand the folly of avoiding codecs as a matter of principle.

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

No no no.. I understand there is a "Codec" out there that is a program that may be used to view movies, video clips, etc. I was fooled into downloading what i thought was a helpful update to my video player software.. and was really just a trojan disguised as a codec. It only said "codec" but a search on the virus revealed that it's called "MMcodec" (or something along those lines) Either way.. there is one out there that will, if you're not careful enough, make its way onto your computer and do serious damage.

And maybe I meant "system restore" by something else.. and simply got it confused with another term. I tried a "system restore" to an earlier date.. only to find that, yes, indeed they do NOT get rid of viruses.

Maybe it's another term.. but what i implied that I did was a COMPLETE restore.. i totally re-installed windows.. from scratch. And YES.. it got rid of not only the MMcodec virus.. but all the other crap that had nested itself on my hard drive. So much for MacAfee... never did much for my computer as far as defenses go.. Dont Know

..now as far as the main point of my post goes, does anyone know what's up with that multiplayer error?