Do you guys thyink I can return FSX to the store?

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

I might as well ask here, i think I will go back to the store anyway, just give a try

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

nottobe wrote:

I might as well ask here, i think I will go back to the store anyway, just give a try

Most stores (US) will give you a new one (same) if the one you return has been opened.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

nottobe wrote:

You might want to give it a try. If you tell the store that although your computer is substantially above the minimum stated on the box, performance is so bad that the product is unusable. Therefore an exchange for the same product won't be of any help. If you look sincere, you might get a credit toward something else or even your money back.

It can't hurt to try.

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

Some stores will, some won't.
I buy all my games from EB Games. They offer a 7 day satisfaction guaranty on all purchases. It leaves them open to people burning copies and then returning the game, so it is suprising that they do it.

I did exactly what Crash said. I bought Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 4, My specs where well over the minimum yet it continually crashed and spat me out to the blue screen of death. When it did run, it was often so buggy it was unplayable. I explained that to them and I got it exchanged for another game.

Flyer4000 Guest

Here in the UK there are Statutory rights if a product is faulty etc However different stores have varied policies and may not take a product back on the grounds of satisfaction.
I remember buying halflife 2 from a game store and they must have resold this copy. However the game is activated through software called 'Steam' and once activated the product cannot be used by a different Steam account user I.e me.The activation process is too stop pirates making copies. That making my copy of Halflife 2 useless (I got an exchange though). I'd imagine the store made a mistake re-selling it.
FSX also has an activation process and if I'm correct it can only be activated so many times until to software locks and a call to microsoft is needed? So unless the software is faulty I'm not sure if a store would take it back.
If you live in the US then I can't comment.

Ofcourse, its always worth a try 🙂

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

omgttfs wrote:

Some stores will, some won't.
I buy all my games from EB Games. They offer a 7 day satisfaction guaranty on all purchases. It leaves them open to people burning copies and then returning the game, so it is suprising that they do it.

I did exactly what Crash said. I bought Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 4, My specs where well over the minimum yet it continually crashed and spat me out to the blue screen of death. When it did run, it was often so buggy it was unplayable. I explained that to them and I got it exchanged for another game.

You can't copy FSX DVDs, they are encrypted, unless you are a professional hacker cracker, which I am certainly not...............

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

All game and movie discs are encrypted. That's why God invented CloneDVD. You don't have to be a pro hacker as long as you have an internet connection,lol. That's why I'm suprised they offer a no questions asked exchange. I certainly wouldn't if I owned the place.

*disclaimer* I do not support the pirating software.

Microsoft will give you your money back on this game call them. I did.

I bought my Deluxe copy through Amazon UK, gave it a fair go for several days but was still very unhappy with it, heard about the 'Return For Full Refund' policy, phoned Amazon, got a Returns Number, returned it and was credited in about a week.

That was the quickest and smoothest thing I found with FSX 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...