Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Everything on Ultra High, 20+ fps

PA46Driver Guest

Finally achieved the "impossible" with Windows XP, specs are AMD 5000+, 7950GX2 card and 2 gb of RAM. This is just using one processor (50%).

For some reason I had problems with slow running until a few days ago, I figured out it was after playing other games (FEAR and HL2) it seems that running FSX as the first application cures the problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Interesting, but that second picture has made me curious. It has been about 20 years since I was in New Yourk City, but I seem to recall that the big Con Ed power plant was in Manhattan, rather than Queens. Or has my memory become that bad. 😞

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

no crash you are right the plants are on Manhattan. since i live in NYC i was in that area the other day. they are ripping one down but there is another on 16th. haven't flown around that area... i'm going to go take a look...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Great pics 😎

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

Could you post what tweaks you've done to get that going with the autogen to those levels? Not here of course, maybe PM them to me or something.

PA46Driver Guest

Why not here? I can post the settings screen but it won't show anything that couldn't be faked to be honest.

I pushed all the sliders to ultra high on the main display settings screen, everything in the computer is running standard- currently 27 degree celcius CPU temp after a long FSX session. There is a peak load of 63% on my RAM according to the Logitech G15 lcd.

All the traffic sliders are up high (around 92% as I don't like it to be unrealistically congested).

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Is Trump Tower in FSX?
It's in the area by the MetLife Building and the Citicorp Building.

It's right next to the ATT Building (TT is the building in the center of this photo)

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

PA46Driver wrote:

Why not here? I can post the settings screen but it won't show anything that couldn't be faked to be honest.

I pushed all the sliders to ultra high on the main display settings screen, everything in the computer is running standard- currently 27 degree celcius CPU temp after a long FSX session. There is a peak load of 63% on my RAM according to the Logitech G15 lcd.

All the traffic sliders are up high (around 92% as I don't like it to be unrealistically congested).

No no I meant don't paste a config or anything since this is a screenshot forum. I'm just trying to get mine to play as well with autogen on. In big cities like that my game still cries and my computer is very similar to yours and I have to have autogen off completely.