SearchSearch 

One final say -- Mods, please don't delete

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

Please, allow me to take a few moments from your day, for the last time here at flyawaysimulation.

I started my interest in flight at around the age of 11, for me, that would be 4 years ago. About 2 and a half years ago, before I even knew there were such things as add-ons for FS9, I happened to stumble upon this website, advertised as the "#1 for Flight Simulation". I looked at the forums, the downloads section, the wonderful members who made this site, in truth, the #1, and I was instantly hooked.

For the first year or so of my time at flyaway, I was not a member, but a very active participator in discussions. I spent almost all of my time at the computer, and at this website, but for one reason; I didn't have the life I wanted socially. Being an arab, I had just recently left living with my dad back in Saudi Arabia, (although I'm not Saudi), to live in the U.S for the first time. The U.S wasn't something foreign to me, as I had spent many a summer vacation there, and had a lot of family residing in several states. I took a big hit, however, leaving my father. To make matters worse, I was branded as "terrorist" in school, because of my religious background. I was constantly abused by those who were bigger than me..pushed down stairs, or just given a nasty look..I hated it. I missed my life back home. There, I was friends with everyone! I had never had this problem in my former situation.

Coming to flyaway everyday was an opportunity for me to step away from the absurdities I had to face in everyday life. Nobody knew anything about me, besides the fact that I loved flying.

Eventually, I moved back home, and now, once again, I live the life I once lead. I have excellent grades, I'm with my father, I have a million friends..popular/unpopular, black, white, tall, short, fat, fit...My friends are like clouds..you'll never find two of them alike. Nevertheless, I love them all.

In spite of me having returned to my preferred lifestyle, I continued to attend flyaway, and was even given the opportunity to become a member. I still participated in discussions, and I was more into flighsim than ever!

Now, I think it's time for me to leave behind this website. The civility sticky, is no longer civil. Announcements by admin for the good of everyone are instantly refuted by those who "just don't want to put up with it!" (I'm often like that too, please don't take offense.)

Recently, I found a particular member, (no names, for his sake) who had an extrememly offensive signature to me personally, and I had the undying impulse to go and give him my 2 cents...Rather, I told a moderator, and the problem was quickly erased. Why, however, I ask, do I have to put up with this?

The fact is, I don't have to put up with anything. In a year a I'm moving on to a very new life. I will be leaving everything I know behind...What I know, is what I want to forget. I definately don't need reminders of brutality when I come here. Agreed, this is the real world, but everyone needs a place where they can step back, and breathe. This used to be my place.

Before I leave, I need to try and open a few eyes. If this topic is deleted by the kind mods of this site, then so be it, however I would deeply appreciate you give me this one last opportunity to give people a new outlook.

Here's what I am..

I'm a boy
I'm 15
I'm a Muslim
I'm Palestinian
I love all people
I am a Flight Sim Enthusiast.

There is no reason for anyone to have any problems with me because of what is stated above. I'm neither a terrorist, nor am I blood-thirsty, nor do I wish death upon people. I love people -- likewise, I love my culture, and my backgrounds..Media has caused people to develop the wrong ideas about people, and I hope these ideas are quickly ostracized, because there has been too much destruction already. (This rant is in response to one particular member having a problem with me..he's taken it up with me several times, and this is just one final rebuttal).

I'd like to deeply thank the following members for everything they've taught me, given me, and helped me with, when it came to Flight Sim, and the real world as a whole. Not all spoon fed me..Some showed me a tough side, but I still learned from it...All gave me pleasent memories at one time or another.

Radarman, Greekman72, 99jolegg, CRJCapt, SteveT, CrashGordon, Tailhook, Solotwo, Flyaway, DaveC, Wing-Man, TimH, tomthetank, pilotwannabe, FEM, Agus0404, mypilot, hinch, cheekytrolly, Liono, hms_endeavor, Insight, Chris102, Bindolaf, Faucett, Brownbox, and NoWorries.

If I've left anyone out, please forgive me, but there were too many to mention.

I hope you all have the best of luck with your education, jobs, marriages, and lives in general. I shall never forget this comfortable retreat.

Best Regards,
Kareem M. El-Sadi, (Aka. Crosscheck9)

Post Number 1036...Complete[/b]

30 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

😳 😞

Have no words...

murjax Guest

Good bye and good luck. 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Kareem, you a such a great person and are a very good friend to me.

Take care in life and I wish you every success in what you do.

You won't be forgotten my friend!

😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CC
I knew about your heritage a long time ago and as you saw it didn't matter to me.
You find bigotry everywhere, every country every type of peoples have hatred...unwarranted for another.

You from the start have been older than your years, traveling the world, taking abuse...it's hard to say why. We all are discriminated against in one way or another.
Believe me, you haven't been singled out on this forum. I've caught others, fortunately early enough to delete their posts and inform Flyaway who warned them in a PM.
I did that for you, unfortunately a little late but did it after another member said something about it also.

The best in life to you my friend and I wish you double what you wish me!
RM Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

You just brought me to tears. Have a good time and a good life, I wish we could stay in contact somehow. You are a great person, and I hope it will stay that way.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I feel so sad that things have come to this, I wish that you would reconsider. I understand your reasons but you will always be welcome here. I wish there was something I could do but I don't have the power to control the insanity. It's a good thing for some, I would send back their $5 with a note to that says "You and your IP address are banned from this site for acting stupid". As far as anyone that make you feel less than equal because of your heritage, they are not representative of the body of this forum. If I had the power, I would warn them and ban them if it continued. I wish you the best and please return if you change your mind.Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

I also Had a period, Where the flyaway forums where my protection, my Little place where everybody is a friend and nice, while at school I got Abused by my "Un-Coolness" and my geek/smartiness compared to the idiots there. But I could always come to FAS, and be greeted, and treated Like a real friend, sharing interest.

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Bye its a shame that you must leave but hopefully this will take you one step further into becoming an actuall piloy good luck

Bye Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I have no words that can express may sadness

Farewell my friend and all the very best to you and yours.

crosscheck9

I shall never forget this comfortable retreat.

You know that you will always be welcome if you ever pop by 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Good luck crosscheck9 😉 and all the best to you and your family in the future, it's sad to read your situation. I hope you'll keep an interest in simming, keep your chin up fella. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'm very sorry to hear that Crosscheck, not to mention a bit shocked. It'd be nice if you reconsidered your decision, but the final decision rests with you and I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Kareem, I hope you don't mind me calling you Kareem.

I've been a member since Jan 17, 2005. In that time I have seen some wonderful things here at Flyaway, meet some wonderful people at even made some friends.

I remember when you first arrived here as a guest. You really wanted to become a member but didn't have a PayPal account to pay the $5. I can't remember who helped you out, or how you found another way of paying. We haven't really crossed paths in the past but I respect you.

For all I care you could be a big green blob and it wouldn't matter.

Do what's best for you and stick two fingers up to anyone that disagrees.

Keep safe my friend and enjoy your life. Follow you heart and you won't go wrong.

Steve

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Sad to see you go, CC.
You will surely be missed by all.

Like TTT said, you are always welcome here.

I send my best wishes.

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Good luck with whatever you do. Remember your friends at Flyaway will still be here if you need to get away from it all. You are one of the good guys in life do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

Godspeed

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Sorry you are leaving - good luck, and I'm sure you're future is a bright one!!

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

It's sad to see a great member go. You know? We are like family here.
I find Fly Away Simulation a great place to make friends, talk, have fun, relax, and share what we think and like. The forums helped me a lot of times when I was feeling down. But reading, replying and making posts cheered me up. It was here in the forums where I found you. You are a great member and friend, Crosscheck.

Goodbye, and best wishes to you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Kareem,

I'd have responded earlier, but was out getting ready for a delivery I have coming later.

I am very sorry to see you leave, and have only two words, which hopefully I have transliterated correctly.

Salaam Aleykim

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

I too remember when crosscheck9 was a guest...a very great guest, also. When he became a member, He was very, very happy. And now, he is leaving. I wish best of luck to you, and please think about reconsidering your decision. But as others said, the final decision is yours. If you decide to go, then i wish you the best of luck again.

robbier

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

that's a very nice statement and i'm honoured you felt i was good enough to mention Wink

i wish you all the best as you find pastures new 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Kareem I will break with tradition and refrain from wishing you good luck and all the best for the future... because you don't need it.

You are mature beyond your years and have already learned many lessons that will help you to keep on the straight path.

Keep on doing your own thinking and all suffering will come to an end.

You are a friend no matter where you are. Yes

Jamie4590 Guest

Good luck and best wishes Kareem. Play the Piano as much as you can. 👍

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

So sad to see you go

Some people can be awful, doing that thing, such a cold thing to do

I have a mixture of friends as well, some are Protestant (whereas I'm Catholic, but it doesnt matter), some are black, some are white, some are Irish (which I am), and some are American, English and African. I really dont see what background a person has matters, but some people out there are just awful (I can think of a better word but I used that to save my post being censored)

You seem very mature, more mature than alot of people, even some older than you

Everybody has good times and bad times in their lives, this has been one bad time for you (an extremly bad one which no-one should have to endure), but we all promise you that it will get better. I like your attitude, after being through all that your still keeping your chin up and doing everything the right way, it will be rewarded

Have a good life!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

This is a really unpleasent surprise. I never thought that you are gonna leave but if that's the way it has to be than be it.

May the happiness and luck be with you no matter what. I wish you and your family the very best in this cruel world ❗

Ferwell my FRIEND 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Well, I did not see the circumstances that caused this but Crosscheck, i remember you joining the forums and it is sad that you are going.

I had absolutely no idea that you were only 15 - you are astonishingly mature for you age - as others have said, to me it doesn't matter what/who you are - you are a good bloke and your leaving is a great loss to this site.

I do hope you reconsider but respect your decision if you don't.

Salute m8!

You will be missed - may your days on this earth be long and I have no doubt that you will be able to achieve whatever you set out to do in your life.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

Crying or Very sad I'm never one to be good at farewells. Crying or Very sad
Best of luck to you Kareem, and your future. Crying or Very sad

Being American, I can tell you that roughly half of Americans today are misinformed and paranoid about the rest of the world. It historically is very similar to the McCarthy era of the 1950s when America was terrified of communism. I hope you will not judge all Americans for the actions of a few misguided souls.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Being American, I can tell you that roughly half of Americans today are misinformed and paranoid about the rest of the world. It historically is very similar to the McCarthy era of the 1950s when America was terrified of communism. I hope you will not judge all Americans for the actions of a few misguided souls.

Partially correct. Paranoid, no. Misinformed and too dumb to realize it, definitely.

Politicians put their own spin on the facts. The news media sanitizes what you get to see on the news and reports only what benefits their political and/or corporate interests.

The population is treated like mushrooms. They are kept in the dark and fed Horse .

This isn't an American problem. It exists world wide.

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

sorry it has to end like this. i do not know what happened that caused you to leave but im guessing i shouldnt know...farewinds. everybody will miss you Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad and so will i. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

This post really srtikes me.....you were by far the last person I expcted to see leave the site.....it seemed as though you were so happy here,helping other people, people help you, just talking and haveing a good time..... I would love to have more years of enjoyment from you but everyone has their reasons for their actions, all actions have reasons, I only hope that I wasnt part of that reason.......My Very Best wishes to you on your journeys....do stop in every now and again just to catch up for old times sake.....

May All Your Journeys Have Happy Endings, And All Your Times Of Happyness Bring You Back To FLYAWAY.

may good forthe coming bring you to happyness

May all Bumps and Turns in the road end in olny happieness.

I am sad to say all good things in life must come to an end at one time or another.

I have no doubts that people will be ever kind to you but im sad to say there are people that will bring you nothing but saddness and torments, but ass all good things come to an end so do all bad things.

at the end of your journeys may the Gates Of Heavan be open for your forthecomings and may you have Eternal Life in the lands of that is promised to you many years ago....

FAREWELL MY FRINEND

you have my blessings on your journeys.

good bye and god luck

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Crosscheck, I'm saddened to read that you are leaving FlyAway. I may not have been present fully in these forums for many months, but this post certainly caught my eye.

My best wishes to you for the future.

Live life to the max,
Jarred. 😀