Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

What is your favorite place to fly in the United States?

What is your favorite place to fly in the United States?
Northeast (JFK, BOS, etc.)
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Southeast (MIA, ATL, etc.)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Northwest (SEA, BOI, etc.)
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Southwest (LAX, LAS, etc.)
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Midwest (STL, MCI,etc.)
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Hawaii
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Alaska
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Other (Please Specify)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 26

Pro Member First Officer
claytonlocher First Officer

I posted another poll in another forum, and decided to start another one. Just curious where you all like to fly.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

Been to hawaii only once and Love well im sure that tells you I fell in love with hawaii

Pro Member Captain
ARD-DC Captain

I don't fly in the US, or hardly ever. It takes too long to fly there from EHAM (Amsterdam)...Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Federated States of Micronesia and American Samoa.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

I nearly never fly in us, except testing downloaded aircraft flying a circuit at the default seattle. I mainly fly in england, or where I have been told there is nice scenery or a nice airpot.

Pro Member Captain
Steve (SpiderWings) Captain

I voted for Hawaii because of some recent flights there. But I've found some pretty awesome places to fly all over the US.

My fav single city is San Francisco because it has a lot of FS scenery plus I've lived there a couple of times.

Seattle and New York are also close to my fav for FS.

One thing I'm descovering more and more is that there are several "worlds" out there in the sim. One if you are flying high over it all. And whole other one when you get down into the hills and valleys.

murjax Guest

I fly in the northeast and southeast US most of the time, but I do like to explore other places too. Very Happy

Pro Member Captain
violentviolet Captain

Alaska for me. Cool

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

People tend to fly around their hometown area more than any place else....

Pro Member Captain

I know a lot of folks here are in Great Britian. So as I flew from Londonderry to London last night I realized I was in familiar skies for many of you. I took off just before sunset and had building storms which made for beautiful skies in the low sun. The enjoyment of the flight was further enhanced because it was my first flight in the newly downloaded P38L. Wow... what a great plane! I was flying the Jane version. Beautiful. Think it might now be my favorite a/c on sim. Oh.... sheesh... okay can't put it above several others that I like a lot but its right up there.

Anyway, just wanted to "wave" at you as I pass through your skies. I guess I'm next off to Australia.... in the Vickers Vimmy. Yikes!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

I enjoy the Rocky Mountain region......Denver, and Salt Lake City mainly, I prefer to fly in the winter also.....brings me back to oh so many memories.....

Pro Member Captain
earthqu8kes Captain

Midwest for me!! Very Happy i go there every summer. KORD and KSTL are great for spotting. when your gate is at the end of the terminal facing the active runway threshold it is great! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pro Member Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

I enjoy the Rocky Mountain region......Denver, and Salt Lake City mainly, I prefer to fly in the winter also.....brings me back to oh so many memories.....

Do you live in the Rockies JarJarBinks? Do you fly for real? I don't but have flown on a number of airliners in and out of both Denver and Salt Lake City and places in between when Frontier Airlines had a "milk-run" in a Convair 580 that I'd catch in Vernal and then got to land in Rock Springs, Casper, Cheyenne on the way to Denver.... or the shorter run where it just stopped in Hayden.

Since you mention winter flying are you into skiing?