Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Frames per second and question

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

Hey all, hope someone has an answer to this, what will the number of frames per second change performance wise in my game, I am running 20 fps, is there a way to change that (e.g. infinite) and what difference would it have on my pc simulation performance?? I have a dual core centrino 2Ghz,1 Gig Ram, ATI radeon X-1400 512 MB Graphic card.

Another thing is, how do you get all the trucks to come and unload the baggage on your plane, refuel and all that stuff like we see on a lot of pictures?!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

mat3329 wrote:

Hey all, hope someone has an answer to this, what will the number of frames per second change performance wise in my game, I am running 20 fps, is there a way to change that (e.g. infinite) and what difference would it have on my pc simulation performance?? I have a dual core centrino 2Ghz,1 Gig Ram, ATI radeon X-1400 512 MB Graphic card.

Another thing is, how do you get all the trucks to come and unload the baggage on your plane, refuel and all that stuff like we see on a lot of pictures?!

Not more than 25 in my opinion.Its the limit that human eye can detects.FPS can be set in your Display/Hardware menu.

As far as about the trucks etc...Here are all the Key Commands about FSX.With a little searching you will find the commands you want. Arrow

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1333/fsx-controls-keyboard-commands/

Unfortunately i don't know about these commands to tell them to you directly. Embarassed

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

Hey thanks a lot buddy! Anobody else have different opinions? Not that I dont beleive or trust you, haha, just nice to see what others do too!
Razz Razz Razz

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

mat3329 wrote:

Hey thanks a lot buddy! Anobody else have different opinions? Not that I dont beleive or trust you, haha, just nice to see what others do too!
Razz Razz Razz

And you do very well Smile ...More opinions more trusty conclusions. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Greekman72 is 100% correct.

If you open the FPS setting to unlimited all you are doing is using resources that can be used elsewhere.
25-30 top setting is all you need.
FSX seems to do well with a lower setting than FS9 did, strange but it works.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
RiginalDonDada Trainee

I have both my laptop and desktop set to 20. When I monitor the FPS while flying I see that the laptop averages about 17-20 but the desktop is around 7-8. I really don't know what any of that means. At first the desktop was showing 4-5 so I lowered the graphic demands and it increased slightly. I don't see the desktop skipping, but then again I am only in the Beechcraft 58 so the scenary doesn't change that quick.

Pro Member Trainee
RiginalDonDada Trainee

Oh yeah. I do have a crackling sound on the desktop when I change angles in spot view. Any suggestions there???

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

The Celeron is known for crackly sound - I'm afraid it'll just be maxing out.... an upgraded sound card would help a bit but the Celeron is still the bottleneck I'm afraid. Very Happy