plane and glider

Pro Member Trainee
Graham (graham05) Trainee

hello

i want to know how to have a plane toe u in the glider...
i have seen a pic of it but i want to know how????????????????

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Hit Ctrl + Shift + Y 😉

Pro Member Trainee

COOOOL 👏 but i can only get it to go 1000 feet is there a way to make it go higher.????

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Do you want a tow craft or a road assurance one??? 😂 😉

Im kidding...I really dont know..Hadn't try the glider yet.

Wing-Man has great experience with the glider.
You can wait or PM him for help 😉

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

You can go much higher than that but it is pretty tough to control the glider without snapping the towrope.

Fly the tutorial "Introduction to Soaring". Its pretty useful.

Pro Member Trainee

ok thanks a lot ill try it.. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

I though the plane only took you up to a max of 2,500?

I'm probably wrong though, I've only flown in the glider about twice.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

I think thats just the scenario in the tutorial

I just took it to 3,500 before I gave up.

Pro Member Trainee

ok i got it to work..lol

i got it up to 9,100 feet.... then it broke...

i was mad i could have got it higher.. o well...

charlieoneseven Guest

As a full size sailplane pilot I can tell you that taking the tow plane higher will cost you more back on the ground. You are suposed to find a thermal (vario goes extra high) while on tow and release into it circling until you find the best lift of diving out of heavy sink. 1500 AGL is the norm the tow plane will reach it's max lift and climb rate shortly after that starts to drop off at altitude.

Guest Guest

Wow, just saw the picture and it's pretty amazing. You seem to be flying that DG glider with no legs (I can see the seat and carpet) and the gliders I've seen converted for disabled use have a "thumb-stick" on the control column for managing the rudder. Is the adverse yaw pretty awful? And seeing as you've got no legs I guess the CofG is probably pretty far out so you probably spin quite easily.

Never mind 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...