FSX poor quality software

Guest Guest

How can Microsoft make such bad software Evil or Very Mad Flight simulator X runs terrible on my system and its Microsofts fault. I can't believe Microsoft can do this to their customers.

I have reinstalled the 2004 edition 🙂

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Allow me to dissagree with you. ❗

Have a look here ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/22329/see-how-good-fsx-is/

or here ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/27/flight-simulator-x-screenshots/

...to see if its a bad Software.

Sharing your system's specs maybe could help us figure out why you have problems 😉

Running Guest

A "few" years ago my brother had a computer with 16 kilbobytes of Ram.
I had a flight simulator for it that needed 32 kilobyte. But they only sold that computer with 16 kb.

Can you imagine that? We needed a friend with a soldering iron to get our flightsim to run.

Now I own a copy of Flightsim X....

Prices and framerates are still the same.

But I don't have to share the computer with my brother anymore.

Are there bugs in FSX? You bet! But your framerate problem is caused by the fact that FSX is designed to be the flight sim for the next few years. When hardware gets better so will your FSX experience. Untill you have that hardware, well maybe FSX is not for you and FS9 is better.

Guest Guest

Yeah its a

Windows XP
Celeron 2.5Ghz
512MB
Nvidia 5500

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You are low in RAM(at least 1GB) and you have a good but old GFX(at least a 6 Series one)Celeron is always a Celeron if you get what i mean 😉 (at least a Pentium or an Athlon from AMD).These are some very general suggestions.
Although try lower your FSX settings but you are not going to get the expected quality as your FS9.
If you are not planing to upgrade soon then you wisely choose to return to the good old FS9 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

"Ahhhh FSX SUCKS!!!!!"

"How's your computer?"

"AHHH ITS AWESOME!!! I GOT ALL KINDS OF COOL THINGS 5 YEARS AGO!!!!!!"

"News flash, your computer sucks."

"AHHHHH!!!"

Here's a hint people, if you can't run FS9 fully spec'd up I have no idea why you think that FSX which is supposed to be much better overall graphics wise would run fine?

Common sense, its a rare thing nowadays.

Guest Guest

Solotwo wrote:

"Ahhhh FSX SUCKS!!!!!"

"How's your computer?"

"AHHH ITS AWESOME!!! I GOT ALL KINDS OF COOL THINGS 5 YEARS AGO!!!!!!"

"News flash, your computer sucks."

"AHHHHH!!!"

Here's a hint people, if you can't run FS9 fully spec'd up I have no idea why you think that FSX which is supposed to be much better overall graphics wise would run fine?

Common sense, its a rare thing nowadays.

Thanks for your advice

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

No problemo random guest.

Pro Member Trainee
EGNRflyer Trainee

Don't forget that fsx will run much better with vista and direct x 10. But as solotwo points out that if your system is a bit long in the tooth your going to have problems.

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Yeah! it is all Microsoft's fault that your s*** computer can't run their new software.

For crying out loud!

Pro Member Trainee
TJbaron Trainee

Maybe someone came help me with this? With a little tweaking FSX is running pretty good. My question is the scenry seems to be a strange colour. There is streaking through the screen on the ground graphics. Any idea.
System 2.16 processor
2 gig ram
GeForce 7900 GTX 512m

NSX Guest

I have a AMD Athlon 2.1Ghz
512 MB Ram
Nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 128MB

My PC can barely run FSX after 3 mins of loading and after using some tweak guides. But when I runs it runs at 15 till 17, sometimes dropping to 3 😳 (frame rate)

On FS9 I can use all setting at ultra high but I have to keep detailed clouds off.

Detailed clouds on means 5 fps when cloudy when I change it it jumps right back up to 20.

My FSX is safe on my room untill I get a better system, until then I'll enjoy FS9, which still is a great sim ofcourse

Greets, NSX

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

NSX wrote:

My FSX is safe on my room untill I get a better system, until then I'll enjoy FS9, which still is a great sim ofcourse

Greets, NSX

Thats the simplest and logical and non-panic thoughts about FSX. 👍 👍 👍

Pro Member Trainee
TJbaron Trainee

I would really like to get this issue resolved. Any idea why I would get strange colours on the ground graphics. Settings for graphics are in the medium range.
I appreciate any help!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Try Autogen to lower(None)... Dont Know

Pro Member Trainee
TJbaron Trainee

Thanks!! That worked great.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

TJbaron wrote:

Thanks!! That worked great.

😉 😀
Of course you have lost your ground textures quality but since you never get them right its the less price you pay in order to run FSX.

ok now how much memory do you have on your computer you need about 2GB for it to run smooth i will be back

Greekman72 wrote:

Have a look here ➡

or here ➡

Sharing your system's specs maybe could help us figure out why you have problems 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

ok now how much memory do you have on your computer you need about 2GB for it to run smooth i will be back

Greekman72 wrote:

Have a look here ➡

or here ➡

SPECS.

CPU = AMD Athlon 64, 2400 MHz (12 x 200)
MOBO = Asus K8V SE Deluxe
RAM = 3GB Kingston DDRSDRAM PC3200
GFX = Asus nVIDIA GeForce 6800GT 512MB
HD = (Installed in) 2 x 150 at 10000 RPM -SATA RAID 0 ARRAY (Total 300GB)
OPTICAL DRIVE(Used for installation) =_NEC DVD_RW ND-3520A DUAL LAYER

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...