Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Help with download

Pro Member Trainee
gizmopilotdk47 Trainee

Will someone please tell me what to do after i downloaded a plane???
Recently i downloaded a plane to the new X, but i dont know how to get it in the game so i can use it... Can someone tell me what to do from download to useable?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

The process is almost the same as in FS9.
Have a look here Arrow

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Keep on mind that there is no Aircraft folder in FSX.Crafts are located under the SimObjects/Airplanes.
Also there must be a Readme.file into your download.Read careful before you start anything.

Notice:Always back-up you original files when you need to replace them.

Pro Member Trainee
gizmopilotdk47 Trainee

I tried, but it didn't work... Cant anyone give me a more specific way?

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

This is what I did when my FSX was working:

>>Start
>>My Computer
>>Hard Drive
>>Program Files
>>Microsoft Games
>>Microsoft Flight Simulator X
>>Aircraft

Then I copy and pasted the folder I downloaded in there, or you can make a new folder and called it 744AC, which I done if I was installing a 747-400 Air Canada plane, then copy and paste the components from the folder I downloaded into the folder I just created. It all worked for me fine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Murfi wrote:

This is what I did when my FSX was working:

>>Start
>>My Computer
>>Hard Drive
>>Program Files
>>Microsoft Games
>>Microsoft Flight Simulator X
>>Aircraft

Then I copy and pasted the folder I downloaded in there, or you can make a new folder and called it 744AC, which I done if I was installing a 747-400 Air Canada plane, then copy and paste the components from the folder I downloaded into the folder I just created. It all worked for me fine.

There is No Aircraft Folder in FSX. Wink

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

Eh? Did I say FSX? And I did, I meant FS9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Murfi wrote:

Eh? Did I say FSX? And I did, I meant FS9.

OK... Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

gizmopilotdk47 wrote:

Will someone please tell me what to do after i downloaded a plane???
Recently i downloaded a plane...

This is a mystery indeed Umm...

That plane... did it have wings?

gizmopilotdk47

I tried, but it didn't work... Cant anyone give me a more specific way?

Help me out here Sir, you want a more specific way... about what??

I just had this enlightening thought that if you were more specific, others might be more specific in turn Wink

Pro Member Trainee
gizmopilotdk47 Trainee

It worked now, thanks...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

gizmopilotdk47 wrote:

It worked now, thanks...

Glad you got it sorted Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

gizmopilotdk47 wrote:

It worked now, thanks...

This just shows how satisfactory results can be achieved by using a bit of well meant prodding and provoking of thought.

The weirdest thing is it seemed to work without having been nice Umm...

Maybe there is something to that rumour that's been making the rounds which claims that: Useful information is sometimes of more value than meaningless niceties and platitudes. Hmm...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

A Solotwo wannabe. Rolling Eyes

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions