SearchSearch 

moving cars?

Pro Member Trainee
omgttfs Trainee

I remember reading someones flight log for a flight from north Queensland to Brisbane and he mentioned that in evening, he navigated by following the moving cars on the highway.
Can anyone confirm this?

I vaugely remember him mentioning VOZ in his thread but I don't know if that as in relation to the cars.
I've just downloaded the VOZ bundle (all 320mb of it!) but it's almost midnight, time to sleep.

4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

you need to be looking for a thing called dynamic scenery - some payware contains it, but i believe there is even more freeware Wink

boats, cars, airport vehicles...for scandanavia here:

http://www.flightsim.no/file/FS2004/Scenery/Europa/

(just take a look through sweden and norway looking for 'Dynamiskt' - their search is pants)

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

yeah, the dynamic scenery not only adds more realism. But like with mega airport frankfurt, the traffic changes by the time of day. Most traffic does. They're hard to find with plans and stuff tho

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I remember reading someones flight log for a flight from north Queensland to Brisbane and he mentioned that in evening, he navigated by following the moving cars on the highway.
Can anyone confirm this?

That just happened to be me- what I coiencidce I read this post as I havn't visted flyaway in quite a long time.

Anyhow, yes the moving light scenery is from VOZ 1.1 scenery package in the Brisbane/Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast area. Take off from YBBN anytime after mid evening and you will be able to follow moving yellow lights (which represent cars) around the area.

In VOZ 1.2 there are actually many moving cars all over Australia, on the city suburb streets in Sydney (YSSY) and Melbounre (YMML). Also at Parafield Airport (YPPF) there are some real detailed cars moving around the surrounding streets, but I think you need your AI traffic/dynamic scenery sliders on full to see them (its worth it!)

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

they've also got it for a scenery package on lax from avsim.com

they've got a virtual highway 405 which reall enhances the approaches