Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Deciding on a joystick

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:05 pm 

I'm looking for a new joystick to play flight simulator 2004.

From what I hear, Logitech joysticks perform great for a good price. However, I also hear that there are problems with calibrating after a few months so they don't last long.

The saitek joysticks seem the best, but I don't know which one to choose.
-Force Feedback
-Aviator
-Wireless
-Regular

The microsoft joysticks are priced well, are stable, last long, but have bad throttles and triggers.

For something in between the 30-50 dollar price range, which joystick is best?
punko
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:54 pm 

i have a Interact RaiderPro Digital and is really good for fs2004 and also cheap!, i got mine on boxingday for 2 bucks Laughing

http://www.amazon.com/InterAct-RaiderPro-Digital-Joystick-button/dp/B00006I5CX

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:09 am 

I have a Saiteck X-45 and its awesome. it has two pieces: a throttle control and a joystick. at first, it is a little hard to figure out , but you get used to it very quickly. Also if you find yourself getting borde with Flight Simulator,you should get Flight Deck 4 add-on. you can launch from a catupult and recover on and aircraft carrier. You could probaly find a Saiteck X-45 for about $80, but its well worth it.
Murfi
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:14 pm 

I've got a Saitek X52 and it's the best joystick I've ever got! It comes with two parts, one is the joystick and then there is a throttle that comes with. There are 6 toggles, toggle A,B,C,D,E, there is also a led display which tells you your mode, toggle, what button you pressed, time and date and this really cool stopwatch on it which is good for timing things..duh.
ensorgumbs
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:36 pm 

I have the saitek aviator and its been pretty good so far.
KevinTsai
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:51 pm 

I have a Logitech Attack 3 Joystick. I think it's mainly designed for fighter planes but it can also be used in other aircraft. Plus, its comfortable and this one works if someone's a right hand or left hand.
Love the Airbus A380. It's huge!
mustangpilot
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:01 pm 

How about a Top Gun Afterburner II Joystick. Comes highly recommended by Amazon buyers and has rudder on both the joystick and throttle which is a rocker switch. The throttle un-blolts from the joystick so you can have the throttle on the left and joystick on the right. I have just ordered one so now is the time for everyone to tell me what a bad choice i have made!! Crying or Very sad

Laughing
Andy

Stuff:
Asus P5K SE Motherboard
Core 2 Duo E6850 3GHz 1333fsb 4MB CPU
3GB DDR2 800 Ram
Nvidia EN8500GT 512MB Graphix card
Windows XP
FS2004 with Ultimate Terrain Europe and Flight Environment.
ronfly
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:45 am 

Can eanyone tell me where to find the company that sells the seat, cyclic, collective, and radio stack for the helicopter. I saw the website on fly sims site sometime ago but have been unable to locate it agan. Thanks Ron Fly (Oh by the way I own a Thrust Master After Burner joy stick and I can tell you it is great. The stick movements are very smooth and you can adjust the resistance to your choice, the throttle is a little sensitive when flying a heilo, takes getting use to. The rudder can be transfered from the joystick to the rocker on the throttle which ever you prefer. Since I primarily like rotery over fix wing I am looking for those controls, dont worry you will like the joy stick.)
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:01 am 

Welcome ronfly Cheers!

Check this out: http://www.helicoptersonly.com/

They've got everything except the Huey I've been saving up for. Let us know what you're gonna get and how it works out Cool
ianstephens
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:46 pm 

I posted an article here reviewing some great joysticks:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4684/

Feel free to comment on the article over there.