Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION FOR A MOMENT

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Over the last couple weeks/months their has been a lot of moaning lately. A lot of post's that doesn't make sense.

Tomorrow is 11/11/2006. Does anyone know what that means?

It's Remembrance Day (Australia, Canada, Colombia, UK and Ireland) also known as Poppy Day (South Africa and Malta), and Armistice Day (UK, New Zealand and many other Commonwealth countries; and the original name of the holiday internationally).

In 1918 it was the end of the worst ever war. WWI. So please remember that when you reply to this post or another post with sarcastic comments. Please remember that all the veterans and civilians in World War I and other wars gave their life's so that you can have your freedom of speech.

So tomorrow please reframe from posting at the 11 minute of the 11 month, and obsever the 2 minute silence where ever you are in the world.

Let's never forget the many life's that were lost during WWI & WWII.

Quote taken from Sir Winston Churchill the gratest leader of Britsih Time

Never was so much owed by so many to so few

For more details of the famous speech click HERE

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

May each and everyone of them rest in peace for years to come.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

We will never forget them.
They have battled, died and suffered for better future conditions.
I hope we will all continue to respect them. Please help keep it that way.

Jamie4590 Guest

Liono, Well said.

Those that paid the ultimate price and those that were lucky enough to come home during the world war of 1914 - 1918 from all sides will never be forgotten but rather remembered for their courage.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

trouble is 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month is at a different time for everyone -

Unless the silence is observed as 11 GMT?

murjax Guest

The 11th is called Veterans Day here in the USA. Yes And here's to those who gave their lives for the sake of freedom. Cheers!