Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

please HELP! I have a problem with AIRCRAFTS CONTROL

AVIANCA Guest

When I'm trying to takeoff any aircraft in FS9 and the aircraft begins to move, it does not go straight ahead but wildly turns on one side (sometimes left, sometimes right), gets out of the runway and either is trying to make a loop like a spinnig top or even it turns upside down and of course crashes. Sometimes even the aircraft lifts up totally without my control!
This is very weird to me, because I've been usin FS9 since January 2005 and it never happens to me before. I have WIN XP SP2, 512MB RAM NVIDIA GEForce 5200, installed also Ultimate Traffic and some of the Flight1's, Aerosoft's and PMDG's add-ons. I operate joystick WingMan Extreme 3D Pro USB and in calibration window all handles and buttons are well calibrated. It seems not to be problem with joystick because when I disable it and operate a keyboard, the aircrafts behave the same way! Funny thing is that described situation doesn't happen ALWAYS but in most cases (20% of cases I control the aircrafts and 80% they are going CRAZY). I don't know what happened. I've installed FS9 a few months ago, I'm playing it almost every day and everything was ok since yesterday.
I have also tried to test a variety of configurations in menu "Realism settings" but none of them solved the problem.
Can anybody help me?[/b]

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You've told us almost everything... except whether this happens with all aircraft or only certain ones.

AVIANCA Guest

like Cessna, Piper but even large jets are not free of that shit - for example B747 PMDG during takeoff it stubbornly turns left and I must turn joystick right to move aircraft straight ahead! Turning right is almost impossible!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

A strange problem. At first thought, I'd have said you need to calibrate your joystick but as you have already done that, I'm not sure what else it could be.

If you try a flight with realism off, weather set to none or clear (including wind), fuel at 25% making sure that it is within CG limits, you should get a nice takeoff. You may need to make small corrections to maintain runway centerline but make sure you don't over-do it or you'll weave across the runway.

If you twist your joystick slightly, and it makes a massive yawing motion, try reducing the sensitivity.

Let us know how you get on 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Also you can try to un-install the device(From Device Manager) plug out the Joystick and then Shut down your system.
Plug in,Start let the windows found it, re-install and re-calibrate through FS9 menu.
Just in case try an alternative USB port and also if you have a friend with FS or a game that needs joystick try it there in order to be sure that its a Joysticks problem.

You can also try to Restore your system to a previous day from the one you had this problem.

A stupid thought is that dust could create problems too.Try to clean it by pressured air.Especially in the base of your stick.They sell such kind of air sprays in computer stores.

Lets us know 😉

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

I have had this problem before. you need to assign a key to center rudder, and press it before you move, or when the plane starts the wierd turn thing. I think this should work.

AVIANCA Guest

and now it's almost ok. Almost, because that problem still exists with only one of the dafault aircratfs: Piper J-3 yellow club - I can't take off because it wildly turns around and turns upside down on the runway and flaps don't seem to work. Has that Piper working flaps? I have noticed that it has something like a flaps on the rear side of wings but they are not working.
Anybody got problem with that aircraft? I don't usu it then, I bave installed Reail Air super decathlon and that software is much better than 60 year old Piper.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

AVIANCA wrote:

and now it's almost ok. Almost, because that problem still exists with only one of the dafault aircratfs: Piper J-3 yellow club - I can't take off because it wildly turns around and turns upside down on the runway and flaps don't seem to work. Has that Piper working flaps? I have noticed that it has something like a flaps on the rear side of wings but they are not working.
Anybody got problem with that aircraft? I don't usu it then, I bave installed Reail Air super decathlon and that software is much better than 60 year old Piper.

Nothing wrong with the J-3 Cub, it doesn't have nor does it need flaps. It's a very light and sensitive tail dragger that requires Rudder pedals or a twist joystick to fly properly. It makes a great trainer for real pilots because it is so sensitive that it requires you to learn basic flying skills that later get rusty as you fly with computers, pushing buttons instead of really flying.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

AVIANCA wrote:

Avianca, I was having the same experience with the Piper J-3 Cub but after posting a topic about it here and getting some feedback from others about that a/c in real life and on the sim, I realized it was my skill that was what needed to improve. It was/is a challenge, but when I realized that the software was okay, I did manage to learn to taxi, takeoff and land with it. Even in some nasty crosswinds. Check out this topic if you want to learn more of my experience managing the Piper J-3.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/21612/piper-j3-cub-anyone-else-have-hard-time-taxiing/