Flight Following Question

overbanked Guest

I have just begun using ATC and during my recent flight from Los Angeles to Chicago I used Flight Following. Does anyone know why I was being asked about every 5 minutes to contact the same Route Center on a different frequency? Seems kind of silly to me - afterall, they're already talking to me on my current freq. Why should I change to another to talk to the same Route Center? It went something like "Landmark 1123 contact Albuquerque Center at 132.85" then "Landmark 1123 contact Albuquerque Center at 128.50" etc. etc. etc. Finally I was handed to Denver Center - who soon handed me back to Albuquerque! Makes no sense to me.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Don Wood Guest

In the real world, each ARTCC has multiple controllers working at any given time. Each of those controllers is responsible for the aircraft in a sector of that center's airspace. As you fly from one sector into another, you are passed to the the controller responsible for that sector. Each controller also operates on a separate radio frequency so that is why you are being passed from one frequency to another. The sim is simulating that real world environment.

overbanked Guest

Thanks! I didn't know that. That would make sense. I learn something new here every day which is why I visit.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...