Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

My New PC

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

Hey Guys!! For my christmas present, my mom said that if i was willing to give away my computer right now to my sister which i am, then i could possibly get parts for a homebuilt comp! I have the basics all setup, and i need suggestions on the stuff that has nothing after it-

--Hard rive: Western digital Serial ATA 500GB 16MB WD5000KS

--CPU: Intel Pentium D 940 - 3.2GHz Dual-Core. Presler. 2x2MB L2 Cache 800FSB Socket LGA 775 Vista Ready 64 bit Support

--MotherBoard: MSI 975X Platinum V.2 Core 2 Duo 975X DDR2-800 SATA2 A&GbE ATX Motherboard MB-975XPV2

--Memory/RAM: Komusa 2GB ( 1024MBx2) DDR2 800M

--Video Card: EVGA nVidia GeForce 7600GT KO 256MB 580MHz 2DVI/HDTV PCI-Express Video Card

--Speakers: Creative Labs SBS580

--Case:

--Monitor:

--Power Supply:

--Fan:

--Other:

so what do you think of it so far, and any suggestions on the stuff that i havent decided on yet?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Suggestions from me.

-Wait till Vista comes.

-Get 2 Sata HD X 250GB each one anf config them in Raid 0 Array.You will get a much more faster 500GB HD.(The system recognises them as a 500GB one)

-Definetly buy a DX 10 GFX. nVIDIA already produce them.

-750W power supply(At least)

-1more GB of RAM should be perfect.

Of course I know that money are alwayw an issue so these are only my personal thoughts and theory. Wink

Other suggestions will shortly come. Wink

I wouldn't worry too much about the specs. Whatever you get, it'll be obsolete in a year and a half. Sounds like you will have way more capacity than you would need. I've got a 160GB HD and I think I've only got 12 of it filled after 2 years!